talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Game Of Thrones

football forum

• Subscriber
Just now, Cicero said:

You'd think Bran would have something to say in all of this though? Making his way back to Winterfell and revealing to everyone Jon's true identity?

If Rhaegar and Lyanna both got married, that would make Jon lord of Winterfell as well as the rightful heir of the Iron Throne. 

Never liked Baelish from the start. 

As Neds daughter, Sansa would still come before his nephew Jon in the succession for Winterfell but Jon would come before Daenerys in the succession for the Iron Throne if Rhaegar and Lyanna were married. 

Bran coming back is interesting as he was Robb Stark's legal heir but as he presumably can't continue the line it would go to Sansa after him anyway.

• Subscriber

It was a good episode. Not particularly action-packed, it peaked early in that regard, but a solid first episode of the new season. 

Arya, the Hound and Winterfell were my favourite scenes. Daenerys the least. 

Yeah, I'd say it was 'steady'. I guess you assume with only 7 episodes. it's going to chug along at a ferocious pace but it was pretty much how all the opening episodes to each season are in the main. A focus on all the main players in the game. But great to be back.

My thoughts... (Spoiler alert. Don't open unless you haven't watched the first episode)

1. It's interesting to see how Sir Jorah Mormont is looking with that brief scene with Samwell Tully. Can't wait to see his 'full reveal' when it happens, probably in front of Khaleesi.

2. Speaking of Sam, a very interesting/important discovery about the stash of dragonstone mine buried under Targaryan grounds. Jon knows this is what it takes to beat the White Walkers and a Stark/Targaryan alliance looks potentially even stronger now.

3. Arya's character continues to get better and better. Now she is a fully qualified face shifter, she has shown the ability to really go badass now, especially after the hint of her going to Kings Landing to "kill the queen".

4. The Jon/Sansa storyline indicates there could be betrayal there at some point by Sansa, especially with Littlefinger in the background but I can't help feel that perhaps it would be too obvious for that to resort to her 'stabbing him in the back'. I think it might backfire on Littlefinger but Sansa could play along to keep him on side.

5. Whose head on a platter will Euron Greyjoy bring to prove his loyalty to Cersai and their potential alliance? Could it be Tyrion perhaps, knowing how much she hates him and given he will be with the 'good' side of the Greyjoys?

6. Wun Wun is back...and as a White Walker! Can't believe he bats for the other side now. That will shock the wildlings, not to mention everyone else.

7. Ed Sheeran. What was the point in that? xD 

Edited by Lucas

Liked the episode. Loving that Sandor seems to have a big role to play going forwards. 

Disappointed that Oldtown is being rushed. It feels like Sam will be on a boat back up to the wall within the hour. Ffs slow down guys! 

Crows Eye was interesting for the first time today. 

Dany was ok. Cheesy but i liked seeing dragonstone.

Bran was the worst. Fuck sake man do something already. 

8 minutes ago, Lucas said:

Yeah, I'd say it was 'steady'. I guess you assume with only 7 episodes. it's going to chug along at a ferocious pace but it was pretty much how all the opening episodes to each season are in the main. A focus on all the main players in the game. But great to be back.

My thoughts... (Spoiler alert. Don't open unless you haven't watched the first episode)

Hide contents

1. It's interesting to see how Sir Jorah Mormont is looking with that brief scene with Samwell Tully. Can't wait to see his 'full reveal' when it happens, probably in front of Khaleesi.

2. Speaking of Sam, a very interesting/important discovery about the stash of dragonstone mine buried under Targaryan grounds. Jon knows this is what it takes to beat the White Walkers and a Stark/Targaryan alliance looks potentially even stronger now.

3. Arya's character continues to get better and better. Now she is a fully qualified face shifter, she has shown the ability to really go badass now, especially after the hint of her going to Kings Landing to "kill the queen".

4. The Jon/Sansa storyline indicates there could be betrayal there at some point by Sansa, especially with Littlefinger in the background but I can't help feel that perhaps it would be too obvious for that to resort to her 'stabbing him in the back'. I think it might backfire on Littlefinger but Sansa could play along to keep him on side.

5. Whose head on a platter will Euron Greyjoy bring to prove his loyalty to Cersai and their potential alliance? Could it be Tyrion perhaps, knowing how much she hates him and given he will be with the 'good' side of the Greyjoys?

6. Wun Wun is back...and as a White Walker! Can't believe he bats for the other side now. That will shock the wildlings, not to mention everyone else.

7. Ed Sheeran. What was the point in that? xD 

Wun Wun died in Winterfell? It was another giant mate that turned over. 

• Upvote 1

As for the episode, I was genuinely surprised when it ended as it felt way shorter than an hour. 

The Lannisters teaming up with the Greyjoys was predictable but I look forward to how that plays out and seeing what 'gift' he has for Cersai. 

The hound has a big role to play I feel this coming season, as I can see him as well as the lords of the light joining up with Jon. Speaking of the hound, his character development has been some of the best I've ever seen on television. Hated him from the start, but now easily one of my favorite characters. 

Gendry needs to hurry the fuck up and make an appearance. This season desperately needs a Baratheon. 

Few predictions on my part. 

1. One of Jon or Daenerys will die.

It's very GOT esq to have a main character killed off, and with people debating whether they will team up or fight for the throne, I can see one of them (Daenerys more than Jon) in my opinion get killed off sometime during the season. Reason I say Daenerys is down to the fact I believe the whole series revolves around Jon. Brought up to be a bastard, but is the son of Rhaegar and if the marriage of Lyanna was legitimate, that would make Jon the rightful heir. 

2. Bran is the lord of the light.

With what he did with Hodor, (Hold the Door), I feel Bran has certain untapped powers that enable him to correct the past, alter the past and present, and bring back life. 

Such poor taste to have Ed Sheeran in the episode. Just going to pretend that ginger twat wasn't in there. 

Edited by Cicero
  • Upvote 1

• Subscriber

Ed Sheeran was random af. Ive been bugging my gf for the past month whenever the radio is on i swear his song is always playing. She hates him and that song she was just hoping Arya killed him xD

Solid first episode, touching up on most things and setting up as per usual. Il expect it to ramp up quickly now.

• Subscriber
On 16/07/2017 at 0:23 PM, HoneyNUFC said:

I accidentally said Game of Throw-Ins in conversation yesterday :clown:

Did you forget you were a Geordie and think you're Scottish?

Edited by JOSHBRFC

Fairly decent opening episode, as you'd expect, a good look at where all the characters are at the moment.

Is it bad I'm mostly rooting for Cersei? I fucking love her character. Although her prophecy, all of which has come true so far, doesn't bode well for her. Jamie (who is actually one of the good guys, really) to do her in before she can commit her final unspeakable act which would kill the entire city.

Danaerys story continues to bore me to tears. Need a big season from her and Tyrion now they're where they need to be. But the more Missandei on screen the better. 

Samwell's character will be hugely important in story development and whether Jon's barmy army can help defeat the white walkers. I don't get why they have to have Gilly and the baby though. 

We won't see an end to the white walker storyline by the time this season's over, but a handful of main characters will be offed. 

Bailish to get sick and tired of Sansa's constant rejection, he fucks off to king's landing with knights of the vale, does bits with Cersei and betrays Sansa - probably takes out Dorne or some shit. He then wants a dragon so betrays Cersei and buddies up to Dany and marries her. Dany can't have child so Bailish brings the desperate Sansa back in the mix for child bearing. Little Finger to win the game of thrones.

Also, Theon to betray everyone he holds dear so Qyburn can give him a new throbbing zombie dick.

20 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

I must be the only person in the world that didn't mind the Sheeran thing. Decent scene if you just don't focus on him. 

Yea, I didn't think it was bad at all. But he's a very polarizing man, so it's probably hard not to focus on him for most people. 

Anyway, good episode. The opening was awesome. Arya is such a badass. 

18 hours ago, Cicero said:

As for the episode, I was genuinely surprised when it ended as it felt way shorter than an hour. 

The Lannisters teaming up with the Greyjoys was predictable but I look forward to how that plays out and seeing what 'gift' he has for Cersai. 

The hound has a big role to play I feel this coming season, as I can see him as well as the lords of the light joining up with Jon. Speaking of the hound, his character development has been some of the best I've ever seen on television. Hated him from the start, but now easily one of my favorite characters. 

Gendry needs to hurry the fuck up and make an appearance. This season desperately needs a Baratheon. 

Few predictions on my part. 

1. One of Jon or Daenerys will die.

It's very GOT esq to have a main character killed off, and with people debating whether they will team up or fight for the throne, I can see one of them (Daenerys more than Jon) in my opinion get killed off sometime during the season. Reason I say Daenerys is down to the fact I believe the whole series revolves around Jon. Brought up to be a bastard, but is the son of Rhaegar and if the marriage of Lyanna was legitimate, that would make Jon the rightful heir. 

2. Bran is the lord of the light.

With what he did with Hodor, (Hold the Door), I feel Bran has certain untapped powers that enable him to correct the past, alter the past and present, and bring back life. 

Such poor taste to have Ed Sheeran in the episode. Just going to pretend that ginger twat wasn't in there. 

I felt certain at the time that his gift was tyrions head.

But now i think it is some kind of dragon horn.