talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Game Of Thrones

football forum

• Subscriber

I'm pretty sure the ending is set out now. Jon will kill Dany and either reluctantly take his place as King or leave the seven kingdoms to separate once more.

More shocking scenarios I could see are a last minute Tyrion execution when Dany finds out he tried to help Jaime.

But overall, I predict that Jon sits the throne with his ally Sansa in the North, that little milky boy in the Vale, Gendry still taking charge of Storm's End, Tyrion in charge of Casterly Rock, the new unnamed Prince of Dorne and either Sam as the new Lord of the Reach which I hate, or even Bronn who was promised Highgarden (lol). Edmure Tully could be restored to Riverrun too I guess unless he's died off screen. But yeah a few of those will happen and it'll end on them beginning to rebuild the country.

• Upvote 2

"As the same goes, "every time a Targaryen is born, the gods flip a coin". They must have dropped the one for King Aerys. For at first, he seemed to have dodged the family madness. But as he grew older, he began to see conspiritors everywhere and where there none he worked to create them. "

17 minutes ago, Cicero said:

"As the same goes, "every time a Targaryen is born, the gods flip a coin". They must have dropped the one for King Aerys. For at first, he seemed to have dodged the family madness. But as he grew older, he began to see conspiritors everywhere and where there none he worked to create them. "

But not in 1.5 episodes. 

• Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, Rick said:

But not in 1.5 episodes. 

Disagree. It's been long in the making and she is exactly like her father. She's either murdered or dehumanised anyone who didn't fall at her feet, and it was ultimately paranoia that turns her over. Much like her father. 

Season 2 - Threatened to burn down all of Qarth and Kingslanding until Jorah advised against it. "I will take what is mine with fire and blood" 

Season 2 - Burnt the witch alive 

Season 3 - Crucified all of the slave masters. Some of which were innocent yet she didn't care. 

Season 4- Burnt all of the Dothraki Kai

Season 7 - Burnt the last remaining Tarly house, something Tyrion strongly advised against. 

So yes, she has showed signs in the past.  In some instances, it was either Jorah or Tyrion that prevented her from going all out mad. Which had some of the viewers think she wasn't like her father. 

"Others may not display madness when they are younger but can develop it as the years go by, especially when circumstances encourage it,"  https://awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/Targaryen_madness

1. Coming to Westeros and not being loved the way she had been in Essos

2. Losing her favorite Dragon as a result of helping Jon instead of taking the throne

3. Finding out Jon's true identity and realising he has a stronger claim to the throne. Something she's fought for all her life. 

4. Losing Jorah

5. Losing another Dragon

6. Losing Missandei

7. And the tip of the iceberg, seeing Jon being loved by his people the way she was loved in Essos. This ultimately started her paranoia. Thinking if they were to find out his identity,, they would back him over her. This only increased it when she found out Vary's was plotting against her for Jon. 

Bit long I know, but her drive to madness really is something I feel D&D actually got right this season.  Her whole character arc is duality, which plays with the coin metaphor. 

Edited by Cicero

21 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Disagree. It's been long in the making and she is exactly like her father. She's either murdered or dehumanised anyone who didn't fall at her feet, and it was ultimately paranoia that turns her over. Much like her father. 

So yes, she has showed signs in the past.  In some instances, it was either Jorah or Tyrion that prevented her from going all out mad. Which had some of the viewers think she wasn't like her father. 

"Others may not display madness when they are younger but can develop it as the years go by, especially when circumstances encourage it,"  https://awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/Targaryen_madness

1. Coming to Westeros and not being loved the way she had been in Essos

2. Losing her favorite Dragon as a result of helping Jon instead of taking the throne

3. Finding out Jon's true identity and realising he has a stronger claim to the throne. Something she's fought for all her life. 

4. Losing Jorah

5. Losing another Dragon

6. Losing Missandei

7. And the tip of the iceberg, seeing Jon being loved by his people the way she was loved in Essos. This ultimately started her paranoia. Thinking if they were to find out his identity,, they would back him over her. This only increased it when she found out Vary's was plotting against her for Jon. 

Bit long I know, but her drive to madness really is something I feel D&D actually got right this season.  Her whole character arc is duality, which plays with the coin metaphor. 

I think you're spot on and I'll add 8. Completely losing trust in the loyalty and judgement Tyrion and Varys, who often tempered her murderous urges, particularly later on and even with regards to her approach to taking Kings Landing.

I personally thought it was a really good episode because of Dany's turn. Best of the season. It's the kind of twist that shocks you to your core. Game of Thrones has always done that so well and they've conspicuously not done it this season up until this point.

On another note, I'm not really one for big battle scenes, but they've been shit this season after being built up quite a lot. You want me to believe the Golden Company wouldn't or couldn't assemble defences and set traps in that maze of a city? Get fucked

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Tommy said:

:(

I actually just watched that randomly enough, popped up on my feed. Its a sad reminder of what he once was, much like how Jon and Tyrion in the last few seasons have had 0 importance and are shadows of what they once where even within the show. 

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, Viva la FCB said:

Even the actor for Varys fucking knows. Great little tidbits they go through, so very true.

Varys and Littlefinger would still somehow pull the strings if they stayed true to the books, and there would have been so many more awesome dialogues. 

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber

My better half showed me this last night, at that point it had about 200k people xD

https://www.change.org/p/hbo-remake-game-of-thrones-season-8-with-competent-writers

Ive heard about a petition to get D & D removed from writing the upcoming Star Wars as well. 

Edited by Viva la FCB

• Subscriber
9 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Why are people cricising the scene where Dany and her fleet were attacked by Euron? 

DId they expect Dany to know that on her way back to Dragonstone, Euron was setting up a surprise attack?

I think the main complaints are how did she not see them with such a sight advantage of being up in the air, and why wasn't she conscious of the fact that her enemy's biggest ally has a massive bastard fleet when they were approaching the entrance to Blackwater Bay which is the likely area to find said fleet. Legitimate beef for me.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Viva la FCB said:

to get D & D removed from writing the upcoming Star Wars as well. 

They should get the golden crown for what they did to the show. Trial by combat against the Mountain at the very least. 

• Upvote 1

On 13/05/2019 at 23:39, Tommy said:

Also remember when it took a couple of episodes for characters to travel from e.g. King's Landing to Winterfell? Now everyone always fast travels and is at the other end of the world within 5 minutes. Lazy writing. Ofc we don't want an episode of just traveling, but still...

It's like Skyrim, it's a pain in the arse to go somewhere the first time. But once you've found a new location you can fast travel

Has anyone asked why the fuck Dany didn't destroy all the ships when she was down to 1 dragon after the other remaining dragon? Because it didn't seem like it took Drogon much effort to burn them all in Blackwater Bay. *edit* Yes, they have xD

Edited by Dr. Gonzo

2 hours ago, Cicero said:

Why are people cricising the scene where Dany and her fleet were attacked by Euron? 

DId they expect Dany to know that on her way back to Dragonstone, Euron was setting up a surprise attack?

Dragonstone is one the doorstep of Kings landing. 

It's improbable that Tyrion, Varys and Dany would be so ignorant and unprepared for eurons fleet to be present to surprise them given it was the third time he pulled a move like that.

It's then shocking that the crossbows are of magical level accuracy from a point they could not even been seen by those on a dragon. Then the following week Dany just ducks out of the way of them as if they're nothing at much closer range, like keanu in the matrix.

Game of Thrones season 1-4 would never serve up such bullshit and ask us to swallow it.

6 hours ago, Cicero said:

Reveal hidden contents

Supposedly a post credit season for the finale.

What do you mean?

3 hours ago, Batard said:
  Reveal hidden contents

If Bran ends up on the Throne :dam:

The betting markets are quite peculiar.

13 hours ago, Harry said:

Dragonstone is one the doorstep of Kings landing. 

It's improbable that Tyrion, Varys and Dany would be so ignorant and unprepared for eurons fleet to be present to surprise them given it was the third time he pulled a move like that.

It's then shocking that the crossbows are of magical level accuracy from a point they could not even been seen by those on a dragon. Then the following week Dany just ducks out of the way of them as if they're nothing at much closer range, like keanu in the matrix.

Game of Thrones season 1-4 would never serve up such bullshit and ask us to swallow it.

Cercei did nothing during the armistice meeting, so the possibility of 'having their guard down' is highly probable.

People acting genuinely shocked that Dany, Tyrion, and Varys didn't 'know better' when heading to Dragonstone, are downright nitpicking. 

Why didn't Robert Baratheon question that all of his legitimate children have blonde hair?

How did Khal Drogo, the greatest warrior of Essos, die of a small wound?

Why did Robb, who has won every major battle and had great character, allowed a woman he just met to have his guard down and completely forget about the war?

Why did Jaqen H'ghar, a master of manipulation, assassination, and disguise, get captured by low Lannister guards? 

Why didn't Stannis, the greatest naval commander in Westeros, lead the battle of Blackwater? 

Why did Prince Oberyn, arguably the greatest fighter in Westeros, let his guard down and not finish off the Mountain?

These are just a small handful of the numerous mistakes found in seasons 1-4. So to actually criticise a scene, that is entirely plausible, screams of nitpicking. xD

Edited by Cicero
  • Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Cercei did nothing during the armistice meeting, so the possibility of 'having their guard down' is highly probable.

People acting genuinely shocked that Dany, Tyrion, and Varys didn't 'know better' when heading to Dragonstone, are downright nitpicking. 

Why didn't Robert Baratheon question that all of his legitimate children have blonde hair?

How did Khal Drogo, the greatest warrior of Essos, die of a small wound?

Why did Robb, who has won every major battle and had great character, allowed a women he just met, to have his guard down and completely forget about the war?

Why did Jaqen H'ghar, a master of manipulation, assassination, and disguise, get captured by low Lannister guards? 

Why didn't Stannis, the greatest naval commander in Westeros, lead the battle of Blackwater? 

Why did Prince Oberyn, arguably the greatest fighter in Westeros, let his guard down and not finish off the Mountain?

These are just a small handful of the numerous mistakes found in season 1-4. So to actually criticise a scene, that is entirely plausible, screams of nitpicking. xD

Mate surely you recognise the difference. None of those "holes" are on the level of a character oscillating from invulnerable to nerfed from one week to the next.

Or of euron being the only one to survive the shipwreck and just so happening to swim ashore just as Jamie was walking past.

4 minutes ago, Harry said:

Mate surely you recognise the difference. None of those "holes" are on the level of a character oscillating from invulnerable to nerfed from one week to the next.

Or of euron being the only one to survive the shipwreck and just so happening to swim ashore just as Jamie was walking past.

Where exactly is the difference? 

Why did the greatest warrior of Westeros let his guard down against the Mountain?

Why did Robb Stark, a proven war commander, let a woman he just met have his guard down?

You are criticising a scene that is entirely plausible. Dany, Tyrion, and Vary's letting their guard down....because they were heading home? Why would they expect a random fleet at Dragonstone? Not even taking into consideration Cercei did nothing in the armistice meeting? 

It's nitpicking.