talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Game Of Thrones

football forum

48 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

I have my issues with the season but I don't know what else people want from the last episode. It's hardly going to be jam packed with action, this one is more about resolutions and that's what we got. 

Nobody wanted action. We just wanted a better resolution. 

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, Rick said:

Nobody wanted action. We just wanted a better resolution. 

Bran being King is weird and not set up well at all, and some aspects were rushed, but I thought most of the resolutions were satisfying, Jon gets to go North, Sansa rules Winterfell, Arya gets to do whatever the fuck she likes, Tyrion is hand of the king, Sam is a maester (though he shouldn't be grand maester all of a sudden), Brienne and Podrick are knights, Dany died in the manner she was supposed to and the iron throne got melted after several people died trying to get or control it and keep it, from the Mad King to Viserys to Renly and Stannis to Tywin, all of the Tyrells, Littlefinger, Euron, Cersei and finally Daenerys.

• Upvote 1

GRRM needs to get his shit together and finish the books. I want to read his ending. 

Jon is still dead. We still don't know who his mother is or if GRRM plans to resurrect him. 

Aegon and his men are sailing for StormsEnd

Dany is still in Meereen 

Edited by Cicero

5 hours ago, RandoEFC said:

I have my issues with the season but I don't know what else people want from the last episode. It's hardly going to be jam packed with action, this one is more about resolutions and that's what we got. 

Totally agree. Martin always said he was going for a Lord of the rings type ending. I can see the parallels. I'd give it a 9/10.

3 hours ago, RandoEFC said:

Bran being King is weird and not set up well at all, and some aspects were rushed, but I thought most of the resolutions were satisfying, Jon gets to go North, Sansa rules Winterfell, Arya gets to do whatever the fuck she likes, Tyrion is hand of the king, Sam is a maester (though he shouldn't be grand maester all of a sudden), Brienne and Podrick are knights, Dany died in the manner she was supposed to and the iron throne got melted after several people died trying to get or control it and keep it, from the Mad King to Viserys to Renly and Stannis to Tywin, all of the Tyrells, Littlefinger, Euron, Cersei and finally Daenerys.

When I recognised the reasons bran made sense, and that Tyrion had got his backstory at Winterfell I actually liked the Bran result. I knew going in to watching it that bran was $1.01 to end up on the throne and I said there was no conceivable way that could be done plausibly except if Bran warged into Dany. In the end this plotlineconmfortably exceeded my expectations.

51 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I doubt he ever finishes the books now tbh.

I'm hoping for a renewed energy when he watches and then feels the urges to improve the flow of the final chapters, particularly after the public outcry. 

14 hours ago, Cannabis said:

I feel quite smug that GOT ended up shite. I could have told you all years ago and saved you the trouble. 

You think everything is shite because you're a miserable bastard though :ph34r:

I feel for the producers tbh. Not sure they knew what they were getting themselves in for when they limited it to 13 episodes but I'm willing to bet it was budget related, and whilst HBO didn't constrain the episode count they did constrain the budget.

This show deserved to make more money than the Lord of the rings movies or the Marvel franchise but it's on that same level of awesome. I'll bet it didn't make a patch on that. Hence the budget constraints still being a limiting factor.

For sure it felt a bit rushed, (about on par with the Harry Potter movies for me in terms of pacing) but within the confines of that they did a pretty great job.

The internet has been Savage, which is understandable given the love people have. 

But let's not forget these are the guys who holed GRRM up and persuaded him to make a tv show about his unfinished books, who already knew enough about the series to call the R+L=J thing this passing GRRMs test, and then put together a fucking sensational show which continued to be pretty damn amazing even after they went way way beyond the source material. There's been ups and downs but All time levels of respect from me.

1 hour ago, Harry said:

I feel for the producers tbh. Not sure they knew what they were getting themselves in for when they limited it to 13 episodes but I'm willing to bet it was budget related, and whilst HBO didn't constrain the episode count they did constrain the budget.

This show deserved to make more money than the Lord of the rings movies or the Marvel franchise but it's on that same level of awesome. I'll bet it didn't make a patch on that. Hence the budget constraints still being a limiting factor.

For sure it felt a bit rushed, (about on par with the Harry Potter movies for me in terms of pacing) but within the confines of that they did a pretty great job.

The internet has been Savage, which is understandable given the love people have. 

But let's not forget these are the guys who holed GRRM up and persuaded him to make a tv show about his unfinished books, who already knew enough about the series to call the R+L=J thing this passing GRRMs test, and then put together a fucking sensational show which continued to be pretty damn amazing even after they went way way beyond the source material. There's been ups and downs but All time levels of respect from me.

Mate, HBO wanted 10 seasons and offered them more money. They refused because they want to fuck off and do star wars. And hbo could replace them because GRRM won't let anybody else do the show, he has an agreement in place for that. 

1 hour ago, Rick said:

Mate, HBO wanted 10 seasons and offered them more money. They refused because they want to fuck off and do star wars. And hbo could replace them because GRRM won't let anybody else do the show, he has an agreement in place for that. 

Mate this argument which is pretty pervasive on social media reeks of misinformation and being strung together from a bunch of half true tweets and articles. It's too convenient for me that a bunch of social media commentators from the outside can all simplify and diagnose the root cause of all our pain and frustration down to a single scapegoat. Things are rarely ever that simple.

Especially when the decision for 13 episodes was announced long ago and none of the many articles spoke about that being because the D's were just over it and wanted to get out. They took 3 years to make these 13 episodes rather than the usual 2 years to make 20. 

Why are the producers the only ones we'll believe wanted a new project not everyone else who's worked just as tirelessly on the show for just as long?

It's all too simplistic for me to pin all this blame on the two guys who's years of effort and passion suggests to me care more about the show than anybody.

Edited by Harry

5 hours ago, Harry said:

Mate this argument which is pretty pervasive on social media reeks of misinformation and being strung together from a bunch of half true tweets and articles. It's too convenient for me that a bunch of social media commentators from the outside can all simplify and diagnose the root cause of all our pain and frustration down to a single scapegoat. Things are rarely ever that simple.

Especially when the decision for 13 episodes was announced long ago and none of the many articles spoke about that being because the D's were just over it and wanted to get out. They took 3 years to make these 13 episodes rather than the usual 2 years to make 20. 

Why are the producers the only ones we'll believe wanted a new project not everyone else who's worked just as tirelessly on the show for just as long?

It's all too simplistic for me to pin all this blame on the two guys who's years of effort and passion suggests to me care more about the show than anybody.

There's not many things bigger than Game Of Throne. But a Star Wars trilogy is one of them. Can you imagine telling Disney "oh yeah, we want that but we will see you in five years once we tie up this". No chance that deal stays on the table. 

Sometimes rumours are right. And I've heard it from the mouth of people in the business on podcasts, so I tend to believe there's elements of truth about it. 

Looks more like proof of how rushed the story is on the later seasons.

All the battle episodes are very low which has been the case since season 2. The more of those the are the more it brings down the average.