talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

50 Leicester Fans Involved In Homophobic Chanting

24 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

Someone in here showing their true colours :coffee:

As i've said before mate i'm no homophobe I have two gay cousins who I have very good relationship & banter with, it's my personality to take the piss. If you truly know gay people you would know that it's often part of their personality to be very scathing and well equipped for verbal sparring and they appreciate a bit of back & forth, there's a fine line obviously but gay people from my experience which is probably the slightly older crowd now love a lewd comment by & large. Like anything context is massive however, joking in the pub is different from 50 pissed up idiots being verbally abusive.

Regarding me & my comment's i've stopped giving a fuck about football so now I mainly just enjoy teasing these easily offended types who like to show how virtuous they are online, there's a fair chance Smiley is red faced at his screen utterly disgusted with me and that's essentially why i've posted the "going deeper" comment (gay people would laugh at this more often than not). His rant about others none related topics where he's making massive assumptions about my opinions while trying to disparage my opinions on the basis that my opinions are formed using assumptions is hilarious and virtue signalling 101. Fucking "Inglund" i'd love to know what he thinks I look like, i'd love it if he can find any example of me clearly stating all those opinions he's accusing me of expressing. He won't though he's just made a quick generalization based on his own prejudices which he obviously feels are justifiable enough to attack people over, I believe the term sanctimonious little smegma riddled cretin wouldn't be far off the mark

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Fairy In Boots said:

As i've said before mate i'm no homophobe I have two gay cousins who I have very good relationship & banter with, it's my personality to take the piss. If you truly know gay people you would know that it's often part of their personality to be very scathing and well equipped for verbal sparring and they appreciate a bit of back & forth, there's a fine line obviously but gay people from my experience which is probably the slightly older crowd now love a lewd comment by & large. Like anything context is massive however, joking in the pub is different from 50 pissed up idiots being verbally abusive.

Regarding me & my comment's i've stopped giving a fuck about football so now I mainly just enjoy teasing these easily offended types who like to show how virtuous they are online, there's a fair chance Smiley is red faced at his screen utterly disgusted with me and that's essentially why i've posted the "going deeper" comment (gay people would laugh at this more often than not). His rant about others none related topics where he's making massive assumptions about my opinions while trying to disparage my opinions on the basis that my opinions are formed using assumptions is hilarious and virtue signalling 101. Fucking "Inglund" i'd love to know what he thinks I look like, i'd love it if he can find any example of me clearly stating all those opinions he's accusing me of expressing. He won't though he's just made a quick generalization based on his own prejudices which he obviously feels are justifiable enough to attack people over, I believe the term sanctimonious little smegma riddled cretin wouldn't be far off the mark

xD @ the whole of this.

The old "I'm not being racist but"/"how can I be racist, my best mate is Indian and I love curry" or in this case "how can I be a homophobe, I know a gay bloke" line. Classic.

You've covered yourself in no glory at all in a number of discussions both on this forum and the old one about your feelings towards the Muslim race and now homosexuality. Now you're backtracking because you've shown your true colours and thought it would be funny only to be greeted with shock that you think like this in the year 2017 and you've not time travelled from 1987. I'm only red faced that a mouth breather like yourself has the same rights I do and your vote counts for exactly the same as the rest of the nations. 

Your sweeping generalisation of the whole homosexuality community based upon allegedly being related to and presumably being fairly close to two homosexual's is also sensational but if you know two gays, all gay's act, think, behave and converse exactly the same. Can you not see the small-mindedness of yourself? Its the small minded attitude you showed in your initial posting on this thread that shows this sort of behaviour at Football won't be ending anytime soon, because you see it as "funny" or "tongue in cheek".

1 minute ago, Smiley Culture said:

xD @ the whole of this.

The old "I'm not being racist but"/"how can I be racist, my best mate is Indian and I love curry" or in this case "how can I be a homophobe, I know a gay bloke" line. Classic.

You've covered yourself in no glory at all in a number of discussions both on this forum and the old one about your feelings towards the Muslim race and now homosexuality. Now you're backtracking because you've shown your true colours and thought it would be funny only to be greeted with shock that you think like this in the year 2017 and you've not time travelled from 1987. I'm only red faced that a mouth breather like yourself has the same rights I do and your vote counts for exactly the same as the rest of the nations. 

Your sweeping generalisation of the whole homosexuality community based upon allegedly being related to and presumably being fairly close to two homosexual's is also sensational but if you know two gays, all gay's act, think, behave and converse exactly the same. Can you not see the small-mindedness of yourself? Its the small minded attitude you showed in your initial posting on this thread that shows this sort of behaviour at Football won't be ending anytime soon, because you see it as "funny" or "tongue in cheek".

As I said in the original post we'd discussed homosexuality previously  some months back either here or TFF where i'd expressed my view on it and I don't remember any outcry about homophobia then. For the record I know many gay men & women and have interacted with them pretty much all my life, never had a problem. I've also never really come across those that are that weak they need heroes like yourselves to fight the battle online for them, most of the incalculable number i've meet when receiving abuse about holding hands would have grasped each others hands maybe even had a kiss then given the finger!  They need you to police the internet for them though they're to weak to do it themselves.

Why you've brought up the "muslim race" I don't know, mainly because a race would suggest that there's a specific race when there isn't it's an ideology that's not racially specific. I suspect it's in part to just validate your opinion and the "sweeping generalization" you made originally when attacking me over it and get a few likes of the usual crowd. I would also for the record say that anybody who thinks their democratic vote is worth more than another's based on what their personally validation of their own opinions is the very definition of a small minded mouth breather.

2 minutes ago, Fairy In Boots said:

As I said in the original post we'd discussed homosexuality previously  some months back either here or TFF where i'd expressed my view on it and I don't remember any outcry about homophobia then. For the record I know many gay men & women and have interacted with them pretty much all my life, never had a problem. I've also never really come across those that are that weak they need heroes like yourselves to fight the battle online for them, most of the incalculable number i've meet when receiving abuse about holding hands would have grasped each others hands maybe even had a kiss then given the finger!  They need you to police the internet for them though they're to weak to do it themselves.

Why you've brought up the "muslim race" I don't know, mainly because a race would suggest that there's a specific race when there isn't it's an ideology that's not racially specific. I suspect it's in part to just validate your opinion and the "sweeping generalization" you made originally when attacking me over it and get a few likes of the usual crowd. I would also for the record say that anybody who thinks their democratic vote is worth more than another's based on what their personally validation of their own opinions is the very definition of a small minded mouth breather.

"Policing the Internet" xD No, just telling idiots that their small minded homophobic or racist opinions about people of different sexual orientation or religion is utterly stupid, unwanted and not okay in this day and age.

YES, WE KNOW, YOU CANNOT BE A HOMOPHOBE, YOU'VE MET A GAY! 

1 minute ago, Smiley Culture said:

"Policing the Internet" xD No, just telling idiots that their small minded homophobic or racist opinions about people of different sexual orientation or religion is utterly stupid, unwanted and not okay in this day and age.

YES, WE KNOW, YOU CANNOT BE A HOMOPHOBE, YOU'VE MET A GAY! 

Lol ok we should all just go with your world view then I take it? Maybe we could take you up on the disproportionate vote system you seem keen on. Jesus wept what a prat you are, the fact you call me small minded when you can't comprehend conflicting arguments and just dismiss them outright as "outdated" while extolling the virtues of your own opinion is laughable. The fact that you don't see the irony of excluding opinion and labeling opposing thought as small minded is scary really, it doesn't bode well for social discourse long term, fuck it though It will get you a few +1's off your fellow idiots on here though. 

What's funny is i'm not being homophobic I made a tongue in cheek comment about a rainbow kit and how Brighton will be mercilessly used to virtue signal about how "we're all down with the gays" and you've started accusing me of racism and homophobia, something which i've denied and explained that in my opinion the gay community can look after themselves and they don't need all the fake virtue signalling comrade shite really, yet i'm still a homophobe.  Just how condescending shall we be to the homosexual community?

Also your relentless insistence to pull other topics into this discussion to throw at me rather than stick to the topic at hand is quite funny, it's an effective tactic it stigmatizes me and my opinion but to my mind it just shows that you've made a general assumption about me and my opinions and there's nothing I can do to change it. It's humorous that i'm the one being called small minded here.

6 minutes ago, Fairy In Boots said:

Lol ok we should all just go with your world view then I take it? Maybe we could take you up on the disproportionate vote system you seem keen on. Jesus wept what a prat you are, the fact you call me small minded when you can't comprehend conflicting arguments and just dismiss them outright as "outdated" while extolling the virtues of your own opinion is laughable. The fact that you don't see the irony of excluding opinion and labeling opposing thought as small minded is scary really, it doesn't bode well for social discourse long term, fuck it though It will get you a few +1's off your fellow idiots on here though. 

What's funny is i'm not being homophobic I made a tongue in cheek comment about a rainbow kit and how Brighton will be mercilessly used to virtue signal about how "we're all down with the gays" and you've started accusing me of racism and homophobia, something which i've denied and explained that in my opinion the gay community can look after themselves and they don't need all the fake virtue signalling comrade shite really, yet i'm still a homophobe.  Just how condescending shall we be to the homosexual community?

Also your relentless insistence to pull other topics into this discussion to throw at me rather than stick to the topic at hand is quite funny, it's an effective tactic it stigmatizes me and my opinion but to my mind it just shows that you've made a general assumption about me and my opinions and there's nothing I can do to change it. It's humorous that i'm the one being called small minded here.

A bit like Brighton & Hove Albion this season, you have no defence here. Your language was homophobic, offensive, unacceptable and frankly, disgusting. Defending yourself with the classic "I can't be a racist, I love a curry" or in your case "my cousins are gays, I can't be a homophobe" is no defence at all. The fact that you cannot see this or accept this says a lot, I feel.

You then went on to make a sweeping generalisation about a whole community based on your limited experience of homosexuality and said that they all behave in a certain way is just mind-boggingly stupid. Deny that too.

You've backtracked and tried to defend yourself by calling it "tongue in cheek". A bit like the initial post in this thread, this isn't Football, it's not banter and it's not funny. Your choice of language isn't acceptable in this day and age. I think most would accept that in 2017. This isn't a case of defending a certain group of people in order to be patronising, to make myself or anyone else feel good or because certain people cannot defend themselves.

You've proven on this subject and other subjects both on this forum and it's previous incarnation, that you have issues with people and their beliefs. There's nothing small minded about stating that. Maybe you should keep your opinion to yourself sometimes. Or engage your brain before posting. 

Anyway, have a good night. I hope your next visit to the site isn't as much of a car crash as this one. 

Only sad people with no life can have an opinion on how someone else lives there's when they're not causing any harm to anyone else.  Only idiots can chant things like this and other stuff of the ilk regarding race, colour, gender.  This isn't political correctness...  This is just about being polite and not acting worse than an animal.

4 minutes ago, Smiley Culture said:

A bit like Brighton & Hove Albion this season, you have no defence here. Your language was homophobic, offensive, unacceptable and frankly, disgusting. Defending yourself with the classic "I can't be a racist, I love a curry" or in your case "my cousins are gays, I can't be a homophobe" is no defence at all. The fact that you cannot see this or accept this says a lot, I feel.

You then went on to make a sweeping generalisation about a whole community based on your limited experience of homosexuality and said that they all behave in a certain way is just mind-boggingly stupid. Deny that too.

You've backtracked and tried to defend yourself by calling it "tongue in cheek". A bit like the initial post in this thread, this isn't Football, it's not banter and it's not funny. Your choice of language isn't acceptable in this day and age. I think most would accept that in 2017. This isn't a case of defending a certain group of people in order to be patronising, to make myself or anyone else feel good or because certain people cannot defend themselves.

You've proven on this subject and other subjects both on this forum and it's previous incarnation, that you have issues with people and their beliefs. There's nothing small minded about stating that. Maybe you should keep your opinion to yourself sometimes. Or engage your brain before posting. 

Anyway, have a good night. I hope your next visit to the site isn't as much of a car crash as this one. 

What language, let's revisit my comments. I said this:

2 hours ago, Fairy In Boots said:

I thought Brighton get it often "does your boyfriend know your here" I'm sure that has been sang at most clubs. Give it six months Brighton will have a third kit in rainbow colours released while the media really go an extra mile to prove they're not homophobic while championing them. 

It's slightly ironic because Brighton look like they're going to get fucked in the arse all year based off their showing so far. 

They do get that chant though that's me just stating a fact, the only thing that could be remotely offensive is the play on words about them getting fucked which is more a comment on the football you tit.

You then dismiss my opinion based on my experience with members of that community because you're to preoccupied with labeling me as homophobic and you're pulling in from other topics to support this perception. What i've said is not homophobic and if suggesting that the homosexual community are strong enough to fight their own battles and don't need the likes of you fighting the good fight for them is homophobic then guilty as fuck. I personally find that condescending because from my experience they own it well enough themselves.  Regarding the rainbow comment, It's not backtracking at all more a case of clarifying my position which I did a few posts ago, they may well be used to virtue signal over but the rainbow kit was obviously flippant.

"You've proven on this subject and other subjects both on this forum and it's previous incarnation," haha so we're not discussing a topic here, this is you having a pop in general based on your opinion of me as a person and not my comments xD the nerve you then have to label me small minded.

I'll tell you what's a car crash, a car crash is coming into a topic labeling somebody something they're not, then not really being able to make it stick so pulling from the back catalogue of discussions making a personal generalization and attempting to make that stick. Then having the nerve to label the person you're generalizing about "small minded" evidently without irony and to top it off freely admitting you think that you're opinions are in someway more omnipotent and should carry more weight in a democratic society. Sounds pretty much like it's come from any dictator of the last hundred years hand book, you've not had a car crash, this is a fucking train wreck you daft cunt.

• Administrator
2 hours ago, Panflute said:

lmao homophobia really is the biggest crime in the Anglo mind, all the memes are true

It's a delicate topic. England still has deep rooted racism and homophobia within its society. Chanting homophobia isn't acceptable, nor so throwing bananas at black players or shouting "fucking paki" at a British Asian player because the inference is clear, it's meant to defame and it's abundantly violent communication.

Now in the states saying "that's some faggot shit" appears to be common place, but at its heart it's still incredibly divisive and derogatory. If someone is offended by that, it doesn't make them a lesser person. We've become too focused on people being offended by everything instead of focusing on the genuinely aggressively forms of bigotry. Sure, too many whine on social media about fucking everything trivial, but gay bashing at football grounds ... that's not something we want to turn a blind eye to.

Just now, HK85 said:

Stick to that Championship forum, son. 

oh good one! (use Conor for that to)

I love that you've just come into the topic and got involved with the jibes to try and point score with your peers, I don't recall any point where we've interacted in fairness so my inital reaction now as you try to gang up is you're a bit of a cunt. The typical type of cunt that just joins in at a witch burning, I never actually said what you put and that's not my reasoning for it, I explained my reasoning at the time but that's not stopped you twisting it to suit your own agenda to point score. Funny though seeing a scouser use tactics you'd attribute to the sun newspaper, for shame.

40 minutes ago, Batard said:

It's a delicate topic. England still has deep rooted racism and homophobia within its society. Chanting homophobia isn't acceptable, nor so throwing bananas at black players or shouting "fucking paki" at a British Asian player because the inference is clear, it's meant to defame and it's abundantly violent communication.

Now in the states saying "that's some faggot shit" appears to be common place, but at its heart it's still incredibly divisive and derogatory. If someone is offended by that, it doesn't make them a lesser person. We've become too focused on people being offended by everything instead of focusing on the genuinely aggressively forms of bigotry. Sure, too many whine on social media about fucking everything trivial, but gay bashing at football grounds ... that's not something we want to turn a blind eye to.

That's not necessarily derogatory.  You're not calling a person that, you're calling a thing/situation that.  That's hardly offensive.

1 minute ago, Fairy In Boots said:

oh good one! (use Conor for that to)

I love that you've just come into the topic and got involved with the jibes to try and point score with your peers, I don't recall any point where we've interacted in fairness so my inital reaction now as you try to gang up is you're a bit of a cunt. The typical type of cunt that just joins in at a witch burning, I never actually said what you put and that's not my reasoning for it, I explained my reasoning at the time but that's not stopped you twisting it to suit your own agenda to point score. Funny though seeing a scouser use tactics you'd attribute to the sun newspaper, for shame.

What peers you madman? I only know one person on this place (and that's putting it lightly, it's a forum knowing). 

Very happy you know where I'm from though. The very place you and your kind have twice been laughed out of. Next time, join them. 

2 minutes ago, HK85 said:

What peers you madman? I only know one person on this place (and that's putting it lightly, it's a forum knowing). 

Very happy you know where I'm from though. The very place you and your kind have twice been laughed out of. Next time, join them. 

Peers means the general membership, lets be fair its them you're pandering to with the attempt to point score by chiming in with your jibes, regardless of whether they're your friends or not. Me & you have never spoken to my knowledge and you're generalising and attacking me pretty much confirms you've had a pop to try and win points/ standing amongst them. It's fairly obvious at this point on here I'll say my piece regardless of how many disagree,  multiple members going at me aren't going to bother me I'll take my time and argue my case. You should have picked an easier target I'll just call it as it is. 

You're going to have to elaborate on "my kind" as I've no idea what you're talking about. I smell a generalisation though 😉

• Subscriber

So basically FiB made a joke that could have been interpreted as offensive but wasn't really commentworthy in my personal opinion, and now everyone is a cunt and also either a bigot or part of some TF365 social justice clique?

Just another day on the internet then.

6 hours ago, Dan said:

I don't know what exactly. If it's things such as "we can see you holding hands" I really don't think it warrants a huge outcry. If there was threatening behaviour based on someone being gay, say Chris* for example was threatened for it then I agree action needs taking.

It doesn't surprise me in the slightest. People always try and cross the line once one is drawn, that's a fact of life. I can't believe that those who did it will see this reaction and have any regret, being honest, they knew it'd get a reaction like this so did it.

It is poor but stand by my first paragraph.

*Chris used to post on TFF xD he was FuriousFox.

Did he?, i don't remember him.

1 minute ago, RandoEFC said:

So basically FiB made a joke that could have been interpreted as offensive but wasn't really commentworthy in my personal opinion, and now everyone is a cunt and also either a bigot or part of some TF365 social justice clique?

It's not really the comment that's the issue really, I explained them above and in reality they're not offensive. It's more a case of because I don't always go with the group think on occasion we get a bit of a flare up, it's a pattern of forums I guess. 

Smiley hasn't really listened to my comments it's more of a general attack against me based on his perception of me and this HK guy has just joined in because he wants to point score. That's pretty much it really it's no biggie 

• Subscriber
32 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Sounds about right xD

2 hours ago, oliveandblue said:

That's not necessarily derogatory.  You're not calling a person that, you're calling a thing/situation that.  That's hardly offensive.

I would go as far as saying that's the dumbest thing I've read in this topic.

Archived