talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

50 Leicester Fans Involved In Homophobic Chanting

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Inverted said:

Evidently we bluepills just can't grasp the deep intellectual  substance behind not liking the gays. 

It's interesting that it was the Tories who legalised gay marriage and the Labour Party members that bullied openly gay Angela Eagle over it though. I find the attempt to gain moral superiority over the topic for those of a political persuasion laughable. Something about throwing stones & glass houses springs to mind

26 minutes ago, HoneyNUFC said:

Fuck me. How did this thread go from a topic about homophobia in football to disgruntlement that some African Americans culturally appropriated the n word from the KKK?

People stopped discussing the incident and started attacking members on a range of issues. 

28 minutes ago, Fairy In Boots said:

It's interesting that it was the Tories who legalised gay marriage and the Labour Party members that bullied openly gay Angela Eagle over it though. I find the attempt to gain moral superiority over the topic for those of a political persuasion laughable. Something about throwing stones & glass houses springs to mind

People stopped discussing the incident and started attacking members on a range of issues. 

I honestly don't know what need there is to introduce a party-political aspect to this convo, neither I or anyone else has here. We're purely discussing people's personal feelings towards homosexuality. I don't know what this Eagle saga is, but all I'd say is that trying to paint the Conservatives as the more pro-gay rights party is laughable, especially considering the voting record on civil rights for gays between May and Corbyn. Gay marriage was an unavoidable move due to the massive change in public support, anyone would have done it. 

Not that, as I said, party politics has anything to do with it. I don't even get what you're trying to say. Only Tories have the right to call out homophobia because the Conservatives brought in gay marriage? What?

5 hours ago, Fairy In Boots said:

I recall times where you've laughed at jokes about gay's in TFF days, why you suddenly have become the moral compass of the forum I don't know. Also I've not actually really said anything homophobic, in fact my argument is that gay people are strong enough to not need knights in shining armour policing the internet for them. Smiley showed his posts to be more an excuse to have a pop at me on multiple subjects, HK & now you seem to want to get involved, it's virtue signalling, it's tedious. 

lol person of colour is the new pc term for black people you clown, it's fairly obvious I was talking about black people by the fact I've used the N word. I get that you're trying to appear that you're clowning me here but you're talking shit as normal. 

You said that people don't get to decide what words they use are derogatory, so why can black people be selective? Black people aren't necessarily offended by the N word just the context it's used in. Why do you think they use it themselves in all walks of life, likewise many gay people take ownership of "derogatory" terms and it ceases to be a word that effects them. As I said above it's all about the context with which it's used, not your perception on behalf of the person it's being used in conversation with. 

I'm talking shit yet you can't see the difference between straight people deciding the word fag or faggot isn't offensive when they use it and black people turning a word used to abuse them into something of their own to counteract racism.

22 hours ago, Inverted said:

I honestly don't know what need there is to introduce a party-political aspect to this convo, neither I or anyone else has here. We're purely discussing people's personal feelings towards homosexuality. I don't know what this Eagle saga is, but all I'd say is that trying to paint the Conservatives as the more pro-gay rights party is laughable, especially considering the voting record on civil rights for gays between May and Corbyn. Gay marriage was an unavoidable move due to the massive change in public support, anyone would have done it. 

Not that, as I said, party politics has anything to do with it. I don't even get what you're trying to say. Only Tories have the right to call out homophobia because the Conservatives brought in gay marriage? What?

In fairness I've got that from your blue pill comment so if it's my error if that's not what you meant,  I'll hold my hands up apologies. 

I wasn't saying the Tories have more moral high ground although the track record suggests that Labour's LGBT vote courting is just hollow electioneering. 

19 hours ago, Danny said:

I'm talking shit yet you can't see the difference between straight people deciding the word fag or faggot isn't offensive when they use it and black people turning a word used to abuse them into something of their own to counteract racism.

Ok by that logic I a homophobe "allegedly" so I fail to see what right none Homophobes have to decide what's homophobic or not. Society and what's culturally acceptable decideds, the individuals in the incident decide how it plays depending on the context of how it was given. I'm not arguing these are bad words, I'm arguing that context has an effect as to whether offence was meant or taken. That's not talking shit, saying that all conversations conform to a black and white view over specific comments is.

19 hours ago, Smiley Culture said:

Personal attack?! Amazing. Calling out homophobes and using evidence of other attacks on minorities is a personal attack now, I shall get my violin out. :468_violin:

Racist Homophobe In Boots is a spokesperson for black people as well as the gay community now I see, wonderful. 

Except that it was, I quoted you saying as much. You've not really discussed the topic and just attacked my general views. To save us going back and forth let's just leave it here, you've made you're opinion of me known.

For my part I think you're a whiny little twat just as prejudice as those you purported to dislike, your frequent generalisations about various things you perceive as wealthy or upper class being somewhat negative suggest to me you're a very bitter bloke probably because you frequently lose at life. The irony that you don't know much about these things aside from the brief experience is hilarious when you try to dismiss my opinions based on my own experiences (which are more than brief on things I comment on).  

You strike me as the kid in school that was middle of the road and liked to do down those striving to achieve at the top, because of your own inferiority complex. I remember the story about how you once got the piss taken out of you at rugby and the fact you're still bitter and whiny to the point you go out your way to rubbish it well over a decade on is hilarious. I remember when you told us about some toff in a sporting environment giving you a bit of verbal and oh how we got our violins out, it was gut wrenching. 

I think me & you just won't see eye to eye going forward and I've got a lot on the next few days so don't feel you need to reply, I certainly won't stir myself to read your posts as you don't really add much apart from the odd whinge anymore it's become tedious for me personally now I'll not be replying to you after this as you've become a waste of my time. 

7 minutes ago, Fairy In Boots said:

In fairness I've got that from your blue pill comment so if it's my error if that's not what you meant,  I'll hold my hands up apologies. 

I wasn't saying the Tories have more moral high ground although the track record suggests that Labour's LGBT vote courting is just hollow electioneering. 

Ok by that logic I a homophobe "allegedly" so I fail to see what right none Homophobes have to decide what's homophobic or not. Society and what's culturally acceptable decideds, the individuals in the incident decide how it plays depending on the context of how it was given. I'm not arguing these are bad words, I'm arguing that context has an effect as to whether offence was meant or taken. That's not talking shit, saying that all conversations conform to a black and white view over specific comments is.

Except that it was, I quoted you saying as much. You've not really discussed the topic and just attacked my general views. To save us going back and forth let's just leave it here, you've made you're opinion of me known.

For my part I think you're a whiny little twat just as prejudice as those you purported to dislike, your frequent generalisations about various things you perceive as wealthy or upper class being somewhat negative suggest to me you're a very bitter bloke probably because you frequently lose at life. The irony that you don't know much about these things aside from the brief experience is hilarious when you try to dismiss my opinions based on my own experiences (which are more than brief on things I comment on).  

You strike me as the kid in school that was middle of the road and liked to do down those striving to achieve at the top, because of your own inferiority complex. I remember the story about how you once got the piss taken out of you at rugby and the fact you're still bitter and whiny to the point you go out your way to rubbish it well over a decade on is hilarious. I remember when you told us about some toff in a sporting environment giving you a bit of verbal and oh how we got our violins out, it was gut wrenching. 

I think me & you just won't see eye to eye going forward and I've got a lot on the next few days so don't feel you need to reply, I certainly won't stir myself to read your posts as you don't really add much apart from the odd whinge anymore it's become tedious for me personally now I'll not be replying to you after this as you've become a waste of my time. 

You really can't see the irony in what you post, can you? You're claiming a personal attack after a personal attack on gay's. But yes, WE KNOW YOU CANT BE A HOMOPHOBE, YOU KNOW A GAY!

You cannot and seemingly will not accept that you are guilty of personal attacks. You personally attacked gay's then tried to claim it was banter and everyone was picking on you, plus you can't be a homophobe you know a gay, and in the past you've made feelings clear about the Muslim religion that can be described as far-right. 

You then went on to make sweeping generlisations about the gay community (you know a gay, of course you can be their spokesperson and generalise a whole community) and then did the same with black people, too. Yet, everyone is making a generalisation about you.

You're the victim and how we all should have laughed and swept derogatory homophobic language under the carpet as banter, it really is everyone else's fault.

Not bitter about anything that's ever happened in life. What does it achieve?My dislike of Rugby Union comes from finding the game utterly dour, unentertaining, dull and just an all round rubbish sport, especially for someone who'd be placed in the backs. It's history in public schools and it's history and hipocrisy towards Rugby League is not something I can connect with either.

You're description of me is laughable, as is your opinions on homophobia, the Muslim race and most things you comment on. 

Anyway, you're a dullard. Have a good'un. 

17 minutes ago, Fairy In Boots said:

Nah it's alright, the"Bluepill" thing comes from some cringe alt-right types calling themselves Red-pills - it comes from the Matrix where you can either take a blue pill and stay in the simulation or you can take a red pill and wake up. 

It's just stupid internet humour, where "bluepills" are supposedly screaming SJWs. 

2 minutes ago, Inverted said:

Nah it's alright, the"Bluepill" thing comes from some cringe alt-right types calling themselves Red-pills - it comes from the Matrix where you can either take a blue pill and stay in the simulation or you can take a red pill and wake up. 

It's just stupid internet humour, where "bluepills" are supposedly screaming SJWs. 

I know what it means I'd just assumed you were planting your flag by saying it is all. Nevermind though 

6 minutes ago, Fairy In Boots said:

I know what it means I'd just assumed you were planting your flag by saying it is all. Nevermind though 

No it wasn't meant as that. Tbh anyone that uses the term seriously probably would consider the Tories bluepills as well.

Archived