The better place to talk football.

EFL Cup - 3rd Round Draw

football forum

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
3 minutes ago, Lucas said:

Seeing as it's a Thai brand, I'd be up for Round 4 being done between two women and a set of ping pong balls. Now that would help redeem itself.

Yeah... 'women'... 

• Subscriber

At first I was going to argue against the fume because I thought the issue was having the draw done in another country and didn't see that as a massive issue, whilst agreeing that it's still one step closer to holding the final in whichever country is the highest bidder.

Then I noticed it was 4.15am, not 4.15pm :dam:. The time difference is 7 hours so they could at least have gone for around 4 or 5pm local time resulting in a 9-10am draw UK time. You'd think with all that money they could buy some common sense.

Well you'll need a lot of that energy drink to get through it.

Theres talk of the sponsors wanting games moved so people in China can watch it at a more convenient time for themselves. If that happens I would have to agree with a boycott as that's ridiculous.

I reckon that rumour has legs given how the lady connected with Carabao and Reading wanted all Reading fans to sing a song before the Ipswich game last season which went down like a lead baloon. They don't seem to have any connection or understanding of English football at all.

22 hours ago, Aaroncpfc said:

Theres talk of the sponsors wanting games moved so people in China can watch it at a more convenient time for themselves. If that happens I would have to agree with a boycott as that's ridiculous.

You wouldn't need to boycott as the game would be on at an impossible time to even go to the ground. xD

Think of China's time difference and that the games are midweek and you'll see where I'm coming from.

• Subscriber

Absolute disgrace that it's at that time. Sums up the way English football is going completely. No doubt you'll get some "it's only a cup draw", which is correct, but these things lead to another.

Want Brentford or Bristol Rovers away. Know full-well I'll wake up tomorrow seeing we've been sent to the fucking Emirates.

• Subscriber
On 8/22/2017 at 0:48 AM, RandoEFC said:

At first I was going to argue against the fume because I thought the issue was having the draw done in another country and didn't see that as a massive issue, whilst agreeing that it's still one step closer to holding the final in whichever country is the highest bidder.

Then I noticed it was 4.15am, not 4.15pm :dam:. The time difference is 7 hours so they could at least have gone for around 4 or 5pm local time resulting in a 9-10am draw UK time. You'd think with all that money they could buy some common sense.

I'm totally convinced they do it to see how much they have to piss off the fans in this country for them to get a proper reaction (and by that, I mean more than a social media outrage), they'll push it bit by bit.

If you have to do it to benefit the Chinese, it isn't impossible to include the English too, you know, as it's our fucking tournament.

Can't help but feel it's one step closer to getting games abroad, which they clearly so desperately want.

• Administrator

Full draw

West Bromwich Albion v Manchester City

Everton v Sunderland

Leicester City v Liverpool

Manchester United v Burton Albion

Brentford v Norwich City

Wolverhampton Wanderers v Bristol Rovers

Burnley v Leeds

Arsenal v Doncaster Rovers

Bristol City v Stoke City

Reading v Swansea City

Aston Villa v Middlesbrough

Chelsea v Nottingham Forest

West Ham United v Bolton Wanderers

Crystal Palace v Huddersfield Town

Tottenham Hotspur v Barnsley/Derby County

Bournemouth v Brighton and Hove Albion

• Administrator
4 minutes ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

LCFC v Liverpool i expect a lot of goals, both defences are average at best. 

could be weaker squads for both to be honest. Especially Liverpool considering their CL campaign will be underway and we both play each other a few days later in the league.

Archived