talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Show us your pets

football forum

3 minutes ago, nudge said:

Our biology teacher used to have a turtle and let it walk around on the floor during the class. I don't know how old it was because my mother, my elder sister and me all went to the same school (obviously not at the same time haha) and that turtle was there from the very beginning xD Considering it survived three generations of stupid teenagers I reckon it would do just fine on a bear hunt as well xD 

Sounds like your biology teacher was one step ahead then... allowing the turtle to explore and mix with others was vital to it's physical and mental growth, just goes to show that if you nurture a pet in the early years it can live a fulfilling life... I have to seriously question any owner who basically imprisons his pet in a glass cage only to be leered at once or twice a day... Might as well be on Death Row

If that turtle has any intelligence it will learn to bounce on that ball and leap the glass and make a run for freedom at the first available opportunity...  

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

I've just bought an Indian ring neck parakeet.

I will get a good picture of it when its settled down. It'll have to stay in the cage for a few days but then once I get it settled and tame, I will leave the cage open at all times(with perches and shit all over for it) then it can just fly around freely in the room. They aren't unsafe by doing that and will go back into their cage at night and not move when it's dark anyway. I don't think a bird's cage should ever really be locked once one is settled. It's great either way, pretty little thing with a big red beak. It looks as though it could be a male as well as a ring is forming around its neck, although it's not certain yet.

I had to go all the way to Warrington for it @DeadLinesman It was from a pet shop that also sells exotic animals. It was quite cramped in there, but very clean and all the animals looked in great condition. The blondie who worked in there was fucking banging as well. Do you know her by any chance? :ph34r:

It's a decent town to be fair, plenty there and cleaner than most towns in the North West. I've always been quite fond of Warrington.

I was thinking of getting one(a parrot) from Burnley, but it'd have probably had 3 legs or summet.

Edited by Carnivore Chris
  • Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Carnivore Chris said:

I've just bought an Indian ring neck parakeet.

I will get a good picture of it when its settled down. It'll have to stay in the cage for a few days but then once I get it settled and tame, I will leave the cage open at all times(with perches and shit all over for it) then it can just fly around freely in the room. They aren't unsafe by doing that and will go back into their cage at night and not move when it's dark anyway. I don't think a bird's cage should ever really be locked once one is settled. It's great either way, pretty little thing with a big red beak. It looks as though it could be a male as well as a ring is forming around its neck, although it's not certain yet.

I had to go all the way to Warrington for it @DeadLinesman It was from a pet shop that also sells exotic animals. It was quite cramped in there, but very clean and all the animals looked in great condition. The blondie who worked in there was fucking banging as well. Do you know her by any chance? :ph34r:

It's a decent town to be fair, plenty there and cleaner than most towns in the North West. I've always been quite fond of Warrington.

I was thinking of getting one(a parrot) from Burnley, but it'd have probably had 3 legs or summet.

Was it this place by any chance.......

1B6B569E-AAA8-4239-B85C-5216B6B88CE4.png

1 hour ago, DeadLinesman said:

Lost my little man in January. Fucking devastating. We’d had him longer then we’d been married and he was basically our first child. Can’t bring myself to get another one yet.

C7CD6DCB-9195-4BB5-8B59-A2184678A9CF.png

Always gutting to lose a pet... After we lost Holly our last German Shepard I felt the same as you, couldn't go through it again, I have had 3 in my lifetime and it never gets any easier but my Laura wanted a Staffy so I said yes.. been as good as gold she has

• Sad 1

I nearly bought a Conure from a local pet shop, but it was 12 month old, you want them younger than that. Not to mention, they are too small and I wanted something bigger. Ringneck parakeets are about the perfect size. They aren't too big like a Macaw or a Cockatoo, while not too small like a Budgie, Cockatiel or Conure.

To be honest though, it's not always about size, I mean budgies are some of the most fun pets you can get.

Anyway, this is it:-

SZraRUQ.jpg

It just needs to settle now for a few days, then I can let it out a bit and enable it get used to its new(and much larger) environment B|

• Upvote 4

I just had it out for the first time and it was flying around everywhere going wild. I had my head in my hands thinking that a disaster was going to happen, but it wasn't crashing into anything fortunately and kept landing on alsorts. I then had the dilemma of getting it back in the cage, although luckily it just flew in on its own accord. I've only had it 3 days though so it needs time to settle. The only human hands it has seen so far are when they are grabbing it and putting it in a box. It's not hand tame and will take a few months for me. I can tame budgies in days(as I did when younger) but these are more like bigger parrots in their character and are stubborn.

It's settling, hasn't stopped eating and is making more noise all the time(which are good signs), but actually getting it to trust you might be harder than I'd have liked. Then again, 3 days is nothing and in 3 weeks there could already be a huge change. It is only a baby so it's far from untameable.

On 21/09/2019 at 14:18, DeadLinesman said:

Lost my little man in January. Fucking devastating. We’d had him longer then we’d been married and he was basically our first child. Can’t bring myself to get another one yet.

C7CD6DCB-9195-4BB5-8B59-A2184678A9CF.png

Sorry about that mate. Horrible loosing pets. They are part of the family

• 3 months later...
  • Subscriber
1 minute ago, Bluewolf said:

xD I knew you would pull the sad face on me... 

Only joking obviously... 

I spent hours keeping an eye on it today as I had the same fears... xD So far so good... But I don't trust the one hiding between the stones in the last pic (there are two of that sort) and the black and white striped ones; those four gang up on all other fish every time. Bunch of bullies xD 

5 minutes ago, nudge said:

I spent hours keeping an eye on it today as I had the same fears... xD So far so good... But I don't trust the one hiding between the stones in the last pic (there are two of that sort) and the black and white striped ones; those four gang up on all other fish every time. Bunch of bullies xD 

Can't you rig up some mesh divider to keep them apart for a bit until it gets a bit bigger??? just in case

• Upvote 2

• Subscriber
5 minutes ago, nudge said:

It will be fine its gone past the point of being swallowed. Was only joking about the 'nom nom'. I have seen it with Rasbora's where they'll just start eating their young but this won't be the case here.

• Like 1

• Subscriber
Just now, Bluewolf said:

Can't you rig up some mesh divider to keep them apart for a bit until it gets a bit bigger??? just in case

Its called a breeding box and they do work wonders when you want to keep smaller fish away from bigger ones.

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

1 minute ago, Mel81x said:

Its called a breeding box and they do work wonders when you want to keep smaller fish away from bigger ones.

This is a fantastic idea. I'll hit the shop tomorrow.

This is my first aquarium ever and I kind of got it unexpectedly a few days ago so I have absolutely no clue :7_sweat_smile:

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Bluewolf said:

I was thinking something like this maybe only smaller holes.. 

Take a look at what this guy is suing might be closer to what you had in mind.

I used to use it when I wanted fish to breed a bit and its easier to drop into a tank and segregate the smaller ones from the bigger ones.

• Upvote 2