talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Show us your pets

football forum

• Subscriber
On 22/01/2020 at 09:31, Mel81x said:

I asked a friend who breeds fish and works on aquariums about this today morning and he said it could happen for a lot of reasons the most common one being stress. If the water levels are okay and there isn't anything in the tank raising the ammonia level, coupled with the other parrot getting better, then its just stress and it will get better with time. The biggest help you can be to the fish is to give them hiding spots (which you have) to reduce stress and test the water things will be just fine. You can also keep the water fresh with a 35% displacement but you also said your friend is coming over to give you the low-down on the tank so I'd wait to hear from him first before doing anything else chances are they are just getting used to the new surroundings and the stress elevated in the process.

The black spots are mostly gone from the second fish now too ^_^ looks like we're good for now. 

IMG_20200123_200545-01.jpeg

IMG_20200123_200541-01.jpeg

IMG_20200121_201827-01.jpeg

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber
28 minutes ago, nudge said:

The black spots are mostly gone from the second fish now too ^_^ looks like we're good for now. 

IMG_20200123_200545-01.jpeg

IMG_20200123_200541-01.jpeg

IMG_20200121_201827-01.jpeg

Think your lens used for taking the pics might be dirty haha. But that is some good recovery. Glad the fish are doign well. How many are there in total in that tank?

• Subscriber
5 minutes ago, Mel81x said:

Think your lens used for taking the pics might be dirty haha. But that is some good recovery. Glad the fish are doign well. How many are there in total in that tank?

16; various cichlid species.

5 parrot cichlids.
4 humphead cichlids.
3 Jack Dempseys.
2 Snow White Cichlids.
1 Green Terror.
1 juvenile of unidentified species (so far).

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 21/09/2019 at 08:18, DeadLinesman said:

Lost my little man in January. Fucking devastating. We’d had him longer then we’d been married and he was basically our first child. Can’t bring myself to get another one yet.

C7CD6DCB-9195-4BB5-8B59-A2184678A9CF.png

Jack Russel Terrier? I grew up with a bunch of those fellas, gone now but never forgotten

• Like 1

18 hours ago, DeadLinesman said:

He was a CoJack, crossed Jack Russel with a Corgi! He was fucking superb. Picked him up from a dogs home at 3 years old and had him till he was 17. Still cuts me. 

Great age. Lived a long life 

Edited by Cicero
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

So I used to hate pets and was never really interested in owning any. A lot of it was also down to me being germophobic.

Until, this little bundle of joy around my office kept approaching me during lunch hour. So our friendship started with me tossing few bits of food towards her, in a hope that she keeps away from me. But I guess with each passing day I began to enjoy her company. In fact on certain days when she wouldn't show up, I would be disappointed. 

She has indeed had an effect on me, considering I now spend a lot of time on YouTube watching cat videos (and sometimes dog videos as well).

So here's presenting Maau, my office pet. We still haven't got to the stage of me holding her in my hands, but we will get there eventually.

klCTTQlr.jpg

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

20 minutes ago, IgnisExcubitor said:

So I used to hate pets and was never really interested in owning any. A lot of it was also down to me being germophobic.

Until, this little bundle of joy around my office kept approaching me during lunch hour. So our friendship started with me tossing few bits of food towards her, in a hope that she keeps away from me. But I guess with each passing day I began to enjoy her company. In fact on certain days when she wouldn't show up, I would be disappointed. 

She has indeed had an effect on me, considering I now spend a lot of time on YouTube watching cat videos (and sometimes dog videos as well).

So here's presenting Maau, my office pet. We still haven't got to the stage of me holding her in my hands, but we will get there eventually.

klCTTQlr.jpg

That's a sweet looking kitty.

• Upvote 1

On 20/03/2020 at 12:18, Inti Brian said:

Might get a pet after this whole pandemic ends. Thinking maybe a Hedgehog.

So I'm looking at a dog instead. I want a puppy though as I always liked seeing how family and family friends' dogs grew up. I'm mostly interested in those Arctic dogs (Husky-like) that work. That's the type for me. I'll see if I can go for one after everything opens again.

8 hours ago, Inti Brian said:

So I'm looking at a dog instead. I want a puppy though as I always liked seeing how family and family friends' dogs grew up. I'm mostly interested in those Arctic dogs (Husky-like) that work. That's the type for me. I'll see if I can go for one after everything opens again.

Huskies are famously difficult to train, if you’ve never had a dog before that might not be the best one to start with. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Dr. Gonzo said:

Huskies are famously difficult to train, if you’ve never had a dog before that might not be the best one to start with. 

That's strong advice. I had a friend tell me similar.

Though I do want a working and extremely obedient dog. Not just one that will slack off at home. Looking for that type of breed.

9 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Look into golden retrievers or labradors. Smart dogs that are easily trained. They’re also friendly as fuck and just generally great dogs.

Dogs are fantastic companions and great animals with a lot of love to give. Owning one is a commitment to that dog for it’s entire life, so picking one that suits your lifestyle is very important. Because otherwise it’s not fair to the animal, who’ll basically be loving you unconditionally. If you’re getting a dog you’ve got to be all in on giving it the best life possible, so it’s not something to be taken lightly.

I'd rather something a bit smaller. Something along those lines though. I'm probably gonna start camping more when this pandemic ends so I'd like something that can accompany me on those trips.