talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Show us your pets

football forum

• Subscriber

Thinking of getting a Golden Retriever when this pandemic subsides. The only reason I ever stopped myself was because I didn't have enough time to dedicate to the dog but I think the time is right now and I have prior experience with a labrardor as well so I figure I have done rowdy now I'll do disciplined.

• Upvote 3

On 25/03/2020 at 16:03, Dr. Gonzo said:

Huskies are famously difficult to train, if you’ve never had a dog before that might not be the best one to start with. 

They tend to like the wild free yonder a bit... When I was up in Notts a workmate had one and no matter how hard he tried to secure his yard it always used to escape and run off, took hours to find it each time.. fun times xD

• Haha 3

On 25/03/2020 at 17:12, Dr. Gonzo said:

Best thing about working from home has been spending my days with Cosmo.

He’s unfortunately got a tumour on his thyroid (hopefully benign, it’s getting checked again soon - poor little guy has had so many medical tests lately). But he’s been happy I’m home

0763D8FA-F11A-4EDB-A063-B2584D39D904.jpeg

The cat, the myth, the legend! Good to finally put a face to the name! :D Beautiful cat! I really hope he'll fully recover. Keep us posted! 

6 minutes ago, Inti Brian said:

They sent me the picture of the Elkhound.

I'll take a more proper picture when the dog is with me, but here he is.

91444042_556602464951073_2034526188503826432_n.png?_nc_cat=111&_nc_sid=b96e70&_nc_ohc=m-ZHo118yoMAX91hYOx&_nc_ht=scontent-yyz1-1.xx&oh=4a413da4e47bf09cd4e62de6ac905567&oe=5EA9EF69

That's a good looking doggo! 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Stan said:

giphy.gif

In all seriousness, very relieved for you :D 

Well I always give you the inside scoop first, obviously.

And thanks mate. I am so very fucking happy, I don't even care it cost me a load of money to find out he doesn't have cancer. He's a good kitty, he doesn't deserve shitty things like that happening to him.

32 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Well I always give you the inside scoop first, obviously.

And thanks mate. I am so very fucking happy, I don't even care it cost me a load of money to find out he doesn't have cancer. He's a good kitty, he doesn't deserve shitty things like that happening to him.

We had to have Mooms in for an op earlier this year because they found a lump and the missus was in bits thinking the worst... cost us a £1,000 to have the tests and the op for her but it was not cancer related thank fuck, she is as healthy and as playful as she has always been despite being down in the dumps with that cone on for 2 weeks... I get what you are saying about the money, got to give them every chance to get through it... been part of the family for so long it just wouldn't be the same without her

• Upvote 2

53 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

We had to have Mooms in for an op earlier this year because they found a lump and the missus was in bits thinking the worst... cost us a £1,000 to have the tests and the op for her but it was not cancer related thank fuck, she is as healthy and as playful as she has always been despite being down in the dumps with that cone on for 2 weeks... I get what you are saying about the money, got to give them every chance to get through it... been part of the family for so long it just wouldn't be the same without her

The "mass" in Cosmo's throat they were feeling was his fucking Adams Apple. And they wanted to either radiate him or remove his thyroid based on that, him having a big Adam's Apple - even though the cytology & bloodwork indicated that the "mass" wasn't a cancer - or a benign lump.

I'd also like to add, Cosmo's a fairly big cat. So a bigger than normal cat would most likely have a bigger than normal Adams Apple compared to other cats, I'd imagine. I felt the "lump" as well. It did seem quite big. So obviously I was concerned.

Thank fuck my wife & I were thinking "hmmm.... better get another fucking opinion before we put our cat through this shit." This time we go to a vet who's said, "I'm not sure if it's a lump or not, but based off the testing the other doctors have done and other doctors feeling something in his throat - but if it were you or me or our spouses/kids, we'd do a CT scan to figure out exactly what it is." And at this point, I'm thinking he might have cancer - but I'm not going to give him treatment for it without figuring out exactly what it is. So yeah... get Cosmo his CT scan.

And tbh, I'm pretty livid with the other vets he's seen it's been a bit of an ordeal thinking that there's something seriously wrong with my cat for... a few weeks now. And they did so many tests that were inconclusive. And he's a cat... so he hates fucking vet visits. So I feel like I've put him through a lot of shit (that also... wasn't very cheap) when a vet should have been telling us to get a CT scan... prior to telling me that he's got cancer and he's going to need serious serious treatment.

I just don't understand how people could make that diagnosis without all of the information available. I also don't understand why I did testing to figure out "what the lump was" when it turns out the lump was just him being a big cat and having an Adams Apple... and he was groaning just because he's older now and he's got arthritis and some cats do that.

But regardless at how annoyed I am at some of Cosmo's past vets... I cannot really put into words how relieved I am that he doesn't have cancer.

But I feel like vets should know how important pets can be to their owners and maybe exercise a bit more caution before suggesting serious treatments for issues the pets don't even have.

• Upvote 4

24 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

But I feel like vets should know how important pets can be to their owners and maybe exercise a bit more caution before suggesting serious treatments for issues the pets don't even have.

Agreed, Once upon a time vets used to be all about the animals welfare first but these days it's about the cost it seems which is a shame, that and the fact no matter how small the test or operation the price is always really high... Our vet is also checking to see if we have been to another vet before carrying out any checks etc.. it's almost as though you might get punished for daring to go somewhere else for a second opinion... The last time I had to have my German Shepherd put down they were trying to flog me a little mini coffin for pets that cost £150.. get fucked!! I feel sorry for a lot of elderly people that probably get sucked in by such things and end up spending a bloody fortune for their pet... 

Edited by Bluewolf
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Bluewolf said:

Agreed, Once upon a time vets used to be all about the animals welfare first but these days it's about the cost it seems which is a shame, that and the fact no matter how small the test or operation the price is always really high... Our vet is also checking to see if we have been to another vet before carrying out any checks etc.. it's almost as though you might get punished for daring to go somewhere else for a second opinion... The last time I had to have my German Shepherd put down they were trying to flog me a little mini coffin for pets that cost £150.. get fucked!! I feel sorry for a lot of elderly people that probably get sucked in by such things and end up spending a bloody fortune for their pet... 

Fucking hell thats sad about that your German Shepherd. These people know people love their pets so much and try to exploit it for as much cash as possible - I think it’s fucked to do that to people who are just concerned about their sick pets & who are grieving their lost pets.

Might be another reason I like animals more than most people xD

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • Subscriber

Our daughter's pet rat Charmander giving the wife a wee kiss when she saw her yesterday around our daughters, she (Charmander) is very possessive towards her and will knock the other (4) female rats away from the wife, the daughter has to separate Charmander away so the other rats can greet her.

117643084_10222146203219924_2012670179221717551_o.thumb.jpg.e5bb53d75bf25fb13408d9d994cb776a.jpg

51771366_10217085959516994_3592702433291

66702637_10157446513812855_4080939386194100224_n.jpg

Edited by CaaC (John)
Restore photos
  • Upvote 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 17/07/2020 at 16:30, Dr. Gonzo said:

Here are both of my kitties posing for a photo

4E26A9DC-52D6-43B0-B427-8EAADB3F0361.jpeg

Do either of your cats go on the odd mad one from time to time, just running around at top speed from room to room with no reason??? Ours has this habit of jumping on and off the bed in the middle of the night and then snuggling up against my face waking me up... If I try and ignore her she bites me on the chin... I have to try and pin her under my arm to get her to settle down but then she starts biting my hand instead... she also ambushes Mooms in the garden when she is walking past.. right little trouble maker she is