talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Show us your pets

football forum

• Subscriber
52 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

My cats have never seen a real mouse or brought me a real bird because where I live it's not safe to let them go out (I think if they fell off my balcony... they'd probably die) - but they love the birds when they see them at the window.

But cats bring dead mice/birds to their owners as gifts - they think we' ll want to play with the dead animal carcass the same way they would. Mine bring me toys they think they' ve "killed" in the mornings doing the same thing.

They actually get quite offended if you just discard the gift xD so it was smart of her to give Puddin a treat for a job well done.

The funniest one for me was years ago when we were living down South where I was working and we lived in a flat above a pet shop, at this particular time the wife was not fond of cats and would not have one as a pet or whatever.

Well, a mouse was running around the flat and the wife was petrified, laid down traps the lot but could not catch the bugger so I said to the wife we will have to get a cat, she agreed in the end, reluctantly, so I got one at the RSPCA discarded pets sanctuary, named Rumps, I year old.

The wife would not let Rumps near her because of cats hairs and after a week she said " So much for that cat catching a bloody mouse...", the next day I was in the kitchen and heard the wife scream, I went into the lounge and there was the wife sitting on our son's knee scared shit as Rumps was sitting on the floor with his tail swishing away with a dead mouse in it's mouth. xD

I managed to get it away from Rumps and headed outside to get rid of it and when I came back there was the wife sitting there with Rumps on her knee, CAT HAIRS THE LOT!!!! stroking him and he was purring away, the wife loved Rumps to bits after that. 

• Haha 2

@CaaC (John) do you have a google/you tube account? They ask for id then you can view any videos on there. Some arent suitable for young viewers. I used my driving licence and it was fine didnt need to use credit card.But I understand if you dont want to 

• Subscriber
33 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

@CaaC (John) do you have a google/you tube account? They ask for id then you can view any videos on there. Some arent suitable for young viewers. I used my driving licence and it was fine didnt need to use credit card.But I understand if you dont want to 

I checked it out again and it was ok, all that just to hear a parrot say Fuck Off  🤣

• 2 weeks later...
  • Subscriber

That's our daughter giving away her last 2 pet rats, Link & Zelda to a friend who has pet rats, she was a bit heartbroken but she has lost 4 in the last 2 years in passing away and it's not fair to wee Kaiden when one dies and makes him upset, plus her cat Puddin is growing bigger by the day and has been eyeing them off in their cage, he is a right mouser and has already caught 2, better being safe than sorry from 'Puddin Claws'.

239866362_10225132158506940_1022634772823780387_n.jpg

download.png

download (1).png

• Wow 1
  • Sad 1

On 20/10/2021 at 07:41, nudge said:

Both Gyros and Tzatziki have a dodgy eye :( Still beautiful though. One-eyed pirate.

IMG_20211015_164107-01.jpeg

Cat's have very sensitive eyes... but it could be lots of things. When cats get their version of a cold/flu, it tends to impact them in the eyes for some reason.

If any goopy liquid is coming out of their eyes... and you might think I'm bullshitting you on this, but I swear I am absolutely not... there's a good chance it's herpes. Most domestic cats out there in the world have herpes, many are born with it. It's a respiratory disease for them. It could also just be a cold or a flu... but herpes is outrageously common in cats.

There's not really much you can do, it'll get better on it's own. If it's herpes, just like people, they'll sometimes have outbreaks. Usually it's because of an environmental change or if they get very stressed out.

If they've got goopy liquid coming out of their eyes that's greenish, it could be chlamydia. But chances are you'll see many other symptoms. When we got Peanut she had chlamydia but showed 0 symptoms whatsoever... but she ended up giving poor Cosmo the disease and he got very sick from it. That needs medicine to clear it up.

So my advice would be keep an eye on them. You posted it 6 days ago, so I assume if it's chlamydia you'd have noticed the cats get much worse (they'll get a fever eventually and you'll feel it on their bellies if they've got a fever).

My guess is it's probably herpes!

Don't worry we can't get cat herpes (or cat chlamydia) xD

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber
5 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Cat's have very sensitive eyes... but it could be lots of things. When cats get their version of a cold/flu, it tends to impact them in the eyes for some reason.

If any goopy liquid is coming out of their eyes... and you might think I'm bullshitting you on this, but I swear I am absolutely not... there's a good chance it's herpes. Most domestic cats out there in the world have herpes, many are born with it. It's a respiratory disease for them. It could also just be a cold or a flu... but herpes is outrageously common in cats.

There's not really much you can do, it'll get better on it's own. If it's herpes, just like people, they'll sometimes have outbreaks. Usually it's because of an environmental change or if they get very stressed out.

If they've got goopy liquid coming out of their eyes that's greenish, it could be chlamydia. But chances are you'll see many other symptoms. When we got Peanut she had chlamydia but showed 0 symptoms whatsoever... but she ended up giving poor Cosmo the disease and he got very sick from it. That needs medicine to clear it up.

So my advice would be keep an eye on them. You posted it 6 days ago, so I assume if it's chlamydia you'd have noticed the cats get much worse (they'll get a fever eventually and you'll feel it on their bellies if they've got a fever).

My guess is it's probably herpes!

Don't worry we can't get cat herpes (or cat chlamydia) xD

That's very informative, thank you! I read on cat herpes before, but I don't think that's it - there's no goopy liquid (or any liquid for that matter) coming out of their eyes, they are just cloudy inside... I've been here for almost two months now, and there have been no changes whatsoever. Maybe they had it before and it resulted in a permanent eye damage? No idea. Those are not exactly strays, apparently they have been living and roaming freely on the grounds of the landlord and he fed them too, but it doesn't look like anyone cares for them otherwise. So if things get worse, I'll definitely bring them to the vet, but they seem fine to me... Considering how they want to play, eat and bother me all the time xD