Espanyol vs Leganes, 17.15
Getafe vs Sevilla, 19.15
Real Madrid vs Valencia, 21.15

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
3 minutes ago, carefreeluke said:

Some very decent fixtures this week and at some good times for me personally as well.

Betis vs Celta is my game of the weekend.

agreed. I fancy Girona to beat Malaga as well at home. They'll take huge confidence from how they played vs Atletico and were unlucky to only get a point from it after being 2-0 up. 

Real Madrid vs Valencia should throw up some goals too. 

Very impressive from Betis there, good early signs that Setien's playing style has been implemented. There were a few snapshots you could of had especially first half where the setup looked exactly like Las Palmas at home last season. In fact, I think the first goal Betis score is a great example of the benefits of playing out of the back and perhaps on the other side (Celta) the risks if you don't press high effectively.

Javi Garcia was fantastic, Setien's Roque Mesa?

What support Betis have by the way, 50,000 season ticket holders this season and it looked a class atmosphere.

1503689850366.jpg

Real Sociedad 3-0 Villarreal CF

Real Sociedad fans went to bed last night with their team leaders of La Liga (provisionally).  They destroyed Villarreal in more ways than one with goals from Willian José, Juanmi and Xabi Prieto (pictured).

Villarreal look terrible with no football in their first two games and the players without ideas.

14 hours ago, carefreeluke said:

Very impressive from Betis there, good early signs that Setien's playing style has been implemented. There were a few snapshots you could of had especially first half where the setup looked exactly like Las Palmas at home last season. In fact, I think the first goal Betis score is a great example of the benefits of playing out of the back and perhaps on the other side (Celta) the risks if you don't press high effectively.

Javi Garcia was fantastic, Setien's Roque Mesa?

What support Betis have by the way, 50,000 season ticket holders this season and it looked a class atmosphere.

While on the subject of him, I don't get why Roque Mesa moved to Swansea from Las Palmas, as they are building a very exciting young side there and since he's been there for most of his professional career, you'd have thought that he'd have wanted to be part of it, unless of course an established Champions league/Europa league club came in with an opportunity for him. Pointless move really, although as you have mentioned before, Viera leaving would be a much bigger blow to them. I also think Sergi Samper is going to thrive there on loan this season.

As for Betis, I think they have a decent side at the moment and seem to be going in the right direction. They have done some very solid business in this window and I can see them growing in the next couple of years. La Liga really has a strong mid-table these days with sides such as themselves, Espanyol(another growing side) and Las Palmas, although it's the better sides who I believe could be potentially worsening in the likes of Villarreal and Sevilla, mainly the former.

Real Sociedad are the most impressive so far for me and they swept away Villarreal last night 3-0. They have looked brilliant.

• Administrator

Messi misses a penalty halfway through first half. They don't even look half as good as in previous few seasons. Hopefully Dembele slots right in straight away and hits the ground running.

5 hours ago, The Rebel CRS said:

While on the subject of him, I don't get why Roque Mesa moved to Swansea from Las Palmas, as they are building a very exciting young side there and since he's been there for most of his professional career, you'd have thought that he'd have wanted to be part of it, unless of course an established Champions league/Europa league club came in with an opportunity for him. Pointless move really, although as you have mentioned before, Viera leaving would be a much bigger blow to them. I also think Sergi Samper is going to thrive there on loan this season.

As for Betis, I think they have a decent side at the moment and seem to be going in the right direction. They have done some very solid business in this window and I can see them growing in the next couple of years. La Liga really has a strong mid-table these days with sides such as themselves, Espanyol(another growing side) and Las Palmas, although it's the better sides who I believe could be potentially worsening in the likes of Villarreal and Sevilla, mainly the former.

Real Sociedad are the most impressive so far for me and they swept away Villarreal last night 3-0. They have looked brilliant.

Yeah mate shame really about Roque Mesa, he's good enough to get into a lot sides better than Swansea, sat on the bench again today.

Las Palmas have been using Lemos there as well who looks more comfortable at CB for me.

• Administrator
54 minutes ago, Azeem98 said:

Vidal looked very comfortable in his position. Overall unsatisfactory display by Barca

just like last week vs Betis. They miss Suarez as a focal point and as a prolific, proper striker. 

Very important result for Barça and a very good performance considering the situation right now.  Valverde is using various of the homegrown players and they're bringing in the results...  The football isn't bright because the confidence is down and that can only be repaired by a set of results which is what's happening right now. Nothing to complain about where the team is concerned.

• Administrator

Finished 5-1 to Atletico. 

Koke's brace and Partey's goal were pretty good. Last Palmas look a shadow of themselves. Other than Viera, they have no creativity. Really missing the likes of Roque Mesa and Prince-Boateng. 

Las Palmas are suffering from the loss of a top quality coach.

All the same...  It's always been difficult to go to Las Palmas and win easily throughout history even when they've been in the lower divisions.  This will be a very big boost confidence wise for Atlético Madrid.

It wasn't a classic Barcelona performance but a vital win and positives to take from it.

Suarez will be back soon, which will be a big plus, Dembele will be available soon enough and Semedo was rested last night. With those 3 in the side, it'll make a big difference.

Messi grabbing 2 goals is a positive also, as he's needed them to kick start his season.

8 hours ago, SirBalon said:

Las Palmas are suffering from the loss of a top quality coach.

All the same...  It's always been difficult to go to Las Palmas and win easily throughout history even when they've been in the lower divisions.  This will be a very big boost confidence wise for Atlético Madrid.

They also have Vitolo to come back, who wasn't eligible yesterday and Haliliovic, who was suspended. Not to mention Sergi Samper, who has now gone there on loan. That's 3 big players who could make a difference for them right there.

• Administrator

Asensio makes everything look so easy. Bends a shot from the edge of the box right in to the corner. Keeper doesn't even dive.

Future Ballon d'Or winner for sure.

• Administrator
1 minute ago, Cannabis said:

Absolutely 120% guaranteed that this will be won by Real in the 91st minute. 

Valencia looking sharp going forward though. Zaza should have tucked away at least 1 goal as should Benzema though in the first half. Been a very open game. 

• The topic was unpinned

Archived