talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Liverpool Discussion

football forum

• Subscriber
2 hours ago, LFCMike said:

Cheers. There's a chance he's not as mental as this season has made him seem then!xD

I can't remember where I read it (maybe on here) but I think his entire disciplinary breakdown may have something to do with him not being happy at the club. While I don't think that's the kind of attitude you want from a player you're trying bring on-board I have no qualms in what he will provide on that first season which was very good. Only time will tell what happens here.

I think he will be fine, there was massive question marks over Xhaka's discipline coming from Germany and he has only been sent off twice in 2 seasons. One of them being a total joke of a red, seriously one of the worst decisions I have ever seen.

I'm sure once he settles is he will be fine, may take him a season. Xhaka wasn't sent off once this season.

Season Over and conformation Liverpool did not improve.

Same league position and no Cups brought home to Anfield.

Just as I said. :D

Hope its not too painful for you, but look on the bright side.

WHO WOULD HAVE THOUGHT WHEN LIVERPOOL FANS HAVE IN HAND WHAT RESIDES UNEMPLOYED BETWEEN THEIR LEGS THINKING OF KEVIN KENNY & SLIPPYG, IT WOULD BE A MOHAMMAD WHO WOULD HAVE YOU REACHING FOR THE TISSUES  :ay:

@LFCMadLad

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

9 hours ago, The Liquidator said:

Season Over and conformation Liverpool did not improve.

Same league position and no Cups brought home to Anfield.

Just as I said. :D

Hope its not too painful for you, but look on the bright side.

WHO WOULD HAVE THOUGHT WHEN LIVERPOOL FANS HAVE IN HAND WHAT RESIDES UNEMPLOYED BETWEEN THEIR LEGS THINKING OF KEVIN KENNY & SLIPPYG, IT WOULD BE A MOHAMMAD WHO WOULD HAVE YOU REACHING FOR THE TISSUES  :ay:

@LFCMadLad

You make me laugh xD

4 hours ago, Spike said:

Klopp's overly aggressive 'heavy metal football' is the progenitor of Karius' mistakes... and Liverpool's success.

I don't think playing attacking football means your keeper will necessarily throw the ball right at the striker right next to him to have it bounce off him into the goal.

You can take a horse to water, but you can't make that horse not retarded.

9 hours ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

I have nothing else to further add after this class post. Regardless of the final league position and Klopp's terrible final record, next year will be the year! Don't lose faith regardless of who jumps ship to a better team this summer.

Thought you had nothing to add?

• Subscriber

So with Fabinho and Keita not making the WC they'll join the squad early and train with them as well. I think this is good in the longer run considering players go these tournaments and can sometimes get injured as well (knowing our luck someone else gets injured at the WC).

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, True Blue said:

Good signing in Fabinho, with also Keita on the way that midfield looks far better than the current one. Aside the final will Liverpool look for a new keeper? Read that they were linked with Roma's number one.

Oblak or Allison are our targets. Klopp seems to not be fucking around.

• Upvote 1

Surely Klopp should be under pressure this season? 

I mean, this potentially being their team 

Firmino

Mane-----Fekir---Salah

Keita---Fabinho

Robertson---VDV----CB----Clyne

GK 

And for this to come out next season again trophyless, should lead some cause for concern, no? 

5 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Firmino

Mane-----Fekir---Salah

Keita---Fabinho

GK 

And for this to come out next season again trophyless, should lead some cause for concern, no? 

It's all circumstantial. If we lose in a cup final or 2 against a good side and miss out on the title by a point or 2... that's devestating and I will probably be raging.

But calling for his head after that would be silly I think. Someone building a side strong enough to compete shouldn't be ousted if they compete and come close. It would be his work that's improved us. And he's done that each year, gradual improvement. I wouldn't want to end that just to punish him for coming very close.

If we're out of the title race early and are shit in the cups only playing for top 4, or not competing for the top 4 and competing in a cup... that's more of a cause for concern.

But sacking someone who's done a good job and had one bad setback is also risky. Sacking Rafa after Aquilani was too injured to really replace Alonso, who was probably our most important player the season prior, because Rafa had a bad year for the first year was something that never sat well with me. He was a man who took us from Ged's stagnation and made constant improvement season after season until his last season, where there were many issues not even in his control. I'd argue it's taken until Klopp's appointment to really steady the ship since that decision.

We're not Chelsea, we can't afford to abandon our long term projects unless we really really have to - at least imo. I think any sort of rebuild means setting us back a few years.

• Upvote 2

10 hours ago, Danny said:

Don't be daft 😂

9 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I don't think playing attacking football means your keeper will necessarily throw the ball right at the striker right next to him to have it bounce off him into the goal.

You can take a horse to water, but you can't make that horse not retarded.

You guys think that Klopp's high tempo methodology had no influence on Karius playing the ball too quickly?

1 hour ago, Cicero said:

Firmino

Mane-----Fekir---Salah

Keita---Fabinho

GK 

You can't be serious? 

He's totally transformed us! 

Cause for concern xD