Income     23     £81.50m
Expenditures  22     £112.86m
Total results        £-31.37m

Where is all this profit ?

Figures taken from  https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk

WOW You actually we t and researched our spending :D 

Proper rattled :rofl:

Just now, The Liquidator said:

2mins to prove to everyone you and your fellow muppet are full of shit when it comes to discussing your club.

Just sowing the seed me ol luv  :ay:

Why are you getting all personal? Name calling at your age :rofl:

Take a tablet, put one of your patches on and go to bed me ol luv. 

• Subscriber

I don't rate Mr :ay: in his arguments most of the time but those are hard figures he's laid out and if you refuse to either dispute his argument/sources or accept that he has a point then Au Revoir to your credibility.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

I don't rate Mr :ay: in his arguments most of the time but those are hard figures he's laid out and if you refuse to either dispute his argument/sources or accept that he has a point then Au Revoir to your credibility.

I'm not sure why net spend is an issue. Nobody ever wanted Klopp to break even on transfers. We just wanted him to improve the squad. Amazingly he's done that to this point with a balanced spend and thus has ample funds available now to push on further... great! 

However the sale coutinho in January balanced that year after the fact. Bottom line is klopps done what's necessary and built a good squad doing it. 

• Subscriber
3 minutes ago, Harry said:

I'm not sure why net spend is an issue. Nobody ever wanted Klopp to break even on transfers. We just wanted him to improve the squad. Amazingly he's done that to this point with a balanced spend and thus has ample funds available now to push on further... great! 

However the sale coutinho in January balanced that year after the fact. Bottom line is klopps done what's necessary and built a good squad doing it. 

I don't give a toss about net spend personally but Klopp said he wanted to do things a different way. If he's abandoned that fine, it's the sensible thing to do, and I'm not arguing whether he's built a good squad.

However, you can't expect to sit there and pretend that he has made a profit or a positive net spend then just laugh it off when someone provides facts proving you wrong with no effort to make a counter argument.

Would have infinitely more respect for someone who just went "alright fair enough Klopp has spent a lot of money now but it's been worth it because look at the squad we've ended up with compared to others who have spent similar or more overall". And how hard is it to admit one fault (not even really a fault) in what Klopp has done at Liverpool when there are so many positives? How hard is it to just add a tiny bit of balance and self awareness to your point of view and in the process add a significant amount of credibility to your opinions on football?

But for some people they can't make a simple concession because they need to believe that everything Klopp, any Liverpool player or any Liverpool employee does has sunshine and rainbows shining out of its anus whilst also making a profit for the club in the process. A shame as you mostly have quality posters on here when it comes to Liverpool fans who can have a reasonable opinion with only the normal amount of club bias that you get with any fan but some just can't accept that only 95% of things are rosey and have to pretend it's 100%.

24 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

I don't give a toss about net spend personally but Klopp said he wanted to do things a different way. If he's abandoned that fine, it's the sensible thing to do, and I'm not arguing whether he's built a good squad.

However, you can't expect to sit there and pretend that he has made a profit or a positive net spend then just laugh it off when someone provides facts proving you wrong with no effort to make a counter argument.

Would have infinitely more respect for someone who just went "alright fair enough Klopp has spent a lot of money now but it's been worth it because look at the squad we've ended up with compared to others who have spent similar or more overall". And how hard is it to admit one fault (not even really a fault) in what Klopp has done at Liverpool when there are so many positives? How hard is it to just add a tiny bit of balance and self awareness to your point of view and in the process add a significant amount of credibility to your opinions on football?

But for some people they can't make a simple concession because they need to believe that everything Klopp, any Liverpool player or any Liverpool employee does has sunshine and rainbows shining out of its anus whilst also making a profit for the club in the process. A shame as you mostly have quality posters on here when it comes to Liverpool fans who can have a reasonable opinion with only the normal amount of club bias that you get with any fan but some just can't accept that only 95% of things are rosey and have to pretend it's 100%.

Of course he's spent a lot of money this summer, that's obvious to everyone. My point was that up until now Klopp has spent absolutely bell all, in fact he's made a profit. People seem so hung up on what he's spent recently when in reality all he's done is reinvest the Coutinho money into the squad plus a bit more. 

Everyone making a massive fuss of our spending this summer is not only funny, it's coming across as bitter as you can get. 

Chelsea, United and Everton fans seem to be more bothered about us this summer than their own clubs which is weird but wonderful at the same time. 

1 hour ago, RandoEFC said:

I don't recall making arguments on net spend. Maybe for the purpose of keeping expectations low the past couple years?

I'm not sure klopp ever said he would be arsene wenger in the transfer window though. I may be wrong but I'd guess he'd comment that he's different in that he's not signing players to sell jerseys or build a brand. Rather to build a team. My previous post yesterday explained why i see a difference to united for example. 

I don't actually care who united sign but I'm not surprised the approach they had for those years (which was a bit like perez at madrid) wasn't that successful on the pitch. 

City though generally sign well. Our difference to them is we probably cant afford to outbid them for a player both clubs want. Nor spend this year's level of money 3 years in a row as they have done. 

Net spend is only relevant when talking balancing the books, but whether you've made £160m through tickets, sponsors and merchandise or if you've made it from player sales....you're still spending the same money.

Klopp through the use of the market and selling Coutinho especially has been able to spend millions. He's had a transfer committee behind him to also buy and sell. He should be critiqued just the same as any other manager spending what he does.

2 hours ago, Danny said:

Net spend is only relevant when talking balancing the books, but whether you've made £160m through tickets, sponsors and merchandise or if you've made it from player sales....you're still spending the same money.

Klopp through the use of the market and selling Coutinho especially has been able to spend millions. He's had a transfer committee behind him to also buy and sell. He should be critiqued just the same as any other manager spending what he does.

He reinvested the Coutinho money into the squad, what do you suggest he did, give it to the owners to put in their piggy bank? Why should he be critiqued for reinvesting money he attained from selling one of his best players?

It's not like he's just blowing 100's of millions, season after season like City, United etc is it? 

• Subscriber
6 hours ago, LFCMadLad said:

Chelsea, United and Everton fans seem to be more bothered about us this summer than their own clubs which is weird but wonderful at the same time. 

Weird point to make. Signing a world record keeper prompts discussion. Just as many Liverpool fans in the Richarlison thread last night as soon as there was something to talk about Everton wise.

As to the rest of the debate, can't be bothered repeating myself and others. It only continues because people are making factual comments about what Klopp has spent just like people do with any other manager or club spending that money and a couple of you lot are taking offence to it for some reason. "Yeah but, yeah but".

39 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

He reinvested the Coutinho money into the squad, what do you suggest he did, give it to the owners to put in their piggy bank? Why should he be critiqued for reinvesting money he attained from selling one of his best players?

It's not like he's just blowing 100's of millions, season after season like City, United etc is it? 

Net spend allows you to analyse how the club makes its money. Using it in an argument about how much Klopp does or doesn't spend is idiotic. Klopps comes from Liverpool's transfers, United's comes from them being a bigger club than you.

Your argument for Klopp can be used for Mourinho, as if he is just going to say "na Ed mate you have all that Pogba money the club has generated, spread it around the board, I'm happy with what I've got."

The fact is Klopp has had big money made available to him, the board did not need to reinvest player transfers into the squad but they did. And he's now gone out and spent it.

To say he hasn't spent anything is to ignore the basics of running a club. You made a profit, that profit was put into a "war chest" and Klopp went out and spent it. He is one of the biggest spending managers in the league, he's just been given the funds from player sales rather than merchandise.

Ok then 9_9

Totally ignoring my points about City being given oil money not generated by the club and those who spend 100's of millions each and every season.

Anyway, not arsed. I'm just a little surprised and amused how many people's feathers all this has ruffled. 

Edited by LFCMadLad

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, LFCMadLad said:

Ok then 9_9

Totally ignoring my points about City being given oil money not generated by the club and those who spend 100's of millions each and every season.

Anyway, not arsed. I'm just a little surprised and amused how many people's feathers all this has ruffled

Exactly why people are on about it. You can't finish a post giving a balanced view without trying to "win" with this sort of parting comment.

If you think people commenting on other clubs business is just them having their feathers ruffled then why are we all posting on a mixed football forum.

17 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Exactly why people are on about it. You can't finish a post giving a balanced view without trying to "win" with this sort of parting comment.

If you think people commenting on other clubs business is just them having their feathers ruffled then why are we all posting on a mixed football forum.

It might just be me because I can't speak for the other pool fans on here but it just seems that people are genuinely fucked off that we have got our shit together and that Klopp has spent a lot of money. 

2 hours ago, Danny said:

Net spend allows you to analyse how the club makes its money. Using it in an argument about how much Klopp does or doesn't spend is idiotic. Klopps comes from Liverpool's transfers, United's comes from them being a bigger club than you.

Your argument for Klopp can be used for Mourinho, as if he is just going to say "na Ed mate you have all that Pogba money the club has generated, spread it around the board, I'm happy with what I've got."

The fact is Klopp has had big money made available to him, the board did not need to reinvest player transfers into the squad but they did. And he's now gone out and spent it.

To say he hasn't spent anything is to ignore the basics of running a club. You made a profit, that profit was put into a "war chest" and Klopp went out and spent it. He is one of the biggest spending managers in the league, he's just been given the funds from player sales rather than merchandise.

My only issue with your comment there is money made from transfers generally means players of good quality leaving. Which is at a significant disadvantage in terms of what a manager is trying to do in building up a squad. This makes 120m from coutinho to be reinvested different to 120m bestowed from your Arab overlords or from extra jersey sales in korea... We still miss coutinho ffs. but it all comes to the same at the end of the day which is a fair point. 

2 hours ago, LFCMadLad said:

Ok then 9_9

Anyway, not arsed. I'm just a little surprised and amused how many people's feathers all this has ruffled. 

I'm not bothered about whether you do well or not, the point is going over your head.

2 hours ago, Danny said:

I'm not sure what the point of this post is, apart from backing up what Liverpool fans are saying.

Liverpool are not a sugar daddy club being doped by an oil baron like Chelsea and Manchester City, so there is a difference between how the spending is perceived and rightly so. Of course Klopp will be judged on his signings but they have had to sacrifice to make them.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

It might just be me because I can't speak for the other pool fans on here but it just seems that people are genuinely fucked off that we have got our shit together and that Klopp has spent a lot of money. 

Think they're just pointing out what they see as hypocrisy mate. That's their prerogative. 

4 minutes ago, The Artful Dodger said:

I'm not sure what the point of this post is, apart from backing up what Liverpool fans are saying.

Liverpool are not a sugar daddy club being doped by an oil baron like Chelsea and Manchester City, so there is a difference between how the spending is perceived and rightly so. Of course Klopp will be judged on his signings but they have had to sacrifice to make them.

there must be a point we stop considering Chelsea to be that based on the way they've operated since the crimea sanctions froze romans money... they've not spent much at all lately and would surely be in danger of running at a surplus.