talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Liverpool Discussion

football forum

football forum
18 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I'd probably just rely on insurance, unless I had some particular one of a kind sentimental type of item. And even then I'd probably still just rely on insurance.

Personally, I'd be concerned about the trauma that could be caused if, for example my girlfriend/wife and/or kids were in the home at the time and in any way abused during the incident. I get that you can insure watches but what price to you put on your family? 

2 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

Personally, I'd be concerned about the trauma that could be caused if, for example my girlfriend/wife and/or kids were in the home at the time and in any way abused during the incident. I get that you can insure watches but what price to you put on your family? 

Two people broke into my uncle's house to burglarise the place... while he, his wife, and his kids were home. They were scared shitless, but the burglars were more scared shitless to see there were people in the home and hightailed it the fuck out of there.

I'd be more worried about a murderer or a rapist breaking into the house, but I suppose if you're desperate enough to steal you might be desperate enough to do some very fucked up things to avoid getting caught. And in the North West I think most crimes like that are gangs (especially these famous victims, I suspect) or (for more normal victims and not rich people) a neighborhood junkie or crackhead stealing shit to fence for drugs. Neither of whom you'd want around your family really.

football forum
3 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Two people broke into my uncle's house to burglarise the place... while he, his wife, and his kids were home. They were scared shitless, but the burglars were more scared shitless to see there were people in the home and hightailed it the fuck out of there.

I'd be more worried about a murderer or a rapist breaking into the house, but I suppose if you're desperate enough to steal you might be desperate enough to do some very fucked up things to avoid getting caught. And in the North West I think most crimes like that are gangs (especially these famous victims, I suspect) or (for more normal victims and not rich people) a neighborhood junkie or crackhead stealing shit to fence for drugs. Neither of whom you'd want around your family really.

Horrible. 

One of the worst memories of my childhood was waking up one morning and finding out that someone had broken into our house and taken my Dad's motorbike, our car and his mobile phone (which was on the kitchen top). They had took the windows out of our garage and kitchen to get what they needed and got off without us waking up. Despite this being a horrific thing to wake up to, we were so lucky as they'd been through our BBQ equipment (which was in the garage) and place skewers/knives etc. all around the garage so that if someone had spooked them they had a weapon at arms reach. I literally cringe and don't want to think about what could potentially happened if we'd have woken up and challenged them. You've got the go-lucky junkies that would probably run away and the sick fucks that would happily go down for manslaughter over missing out on what they came to steal for. 

Like I said, an absolutely horrendous memory that I don't like thinking about but it's what I had in mind when posting about the above. 

6 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

Horrible. 

One of the worst memories of my childhood was waking up one morning and finding out that someone had broken into our house and taken my Dad's motorbike, our car and his mobile phone (which was on the kitchen top). They had took the windows out of our garage and kitchen to get what they needed and got off without us waking up. Despite this being a horrific thing to wake up to, we were so lucky as they'd been through our BBQ equipment (which was in the garage) and place skewers/knives etc. all around the garage so that if someone had spooked them they had a weapon at arms reach. I literally cringe and don't want to think about what could potentially happened if we'd have woken up and challenged them. You've got the go-lucky junkies that would probably run away and the sick fucks that would happily go down for manslaughter over missing out on what they came to steal for. 

Like I said, an absolutely horrendous memory that I don't like thinking about but it's what I had in mind when posting about the above. 

Yeah that sounds fucking shite. Worst that happened like that with my direct family was some fuckers stole my ma's hubcaps, in true Scouse stereotype fashion. They didn't steal my dads xD, she was so pissed off about that. I DON'T EVEN KNOW WHAT THE FUCK PEOPLE DO WITH STOLEN HUBCAPS, THEY'RE NOT LIKE PARTICULALY USEFUL! Then the police came and put these strange orange replacement hubcaps on her car until she got actual replacements put on.

So I thought ours was a bit funny, rather than fucked up like yours.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Subscriber
19 hours ago, Harvsky said:

Liverpool will offer Netherlands centre-back Virgil van Dijk, 27, a new contract worth £200,000 a week to fend off interest from Barcelona and Real Madrid. (Sunday Express)

Worth every penny imo. I think if we keep him for another four seasons it will be a miracle as hes one of the best center-backs in the world right now.

On 11/03/2019 at 05:44, Mel81x said:

Worth every penny imo. I think if we keep him for another four seasons it will be a miracle as hes one of the best center-backs in the world right now.

You are one of the best teams in the world right now too, dont see why he wouldn't stay long term

• Subscriber
21 minutes ago, Happy Blue said:

You are one of the best teams in the world right now too, dont see why he wouldn't stay long term

I suppose that can only be backed up by trophies and you wouldn't really blame anyone for wanting to jump if they don't materialize but things are on the horizon and this chase to the finish line might solidify that. Even if it doesn't I can still see him staying around for atleast another season but money generally talks better in most cases anyways. 

28 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Don't rush him back in like City did with KDB

I don't think that's the case with either. Gomez was initially expected back in February so they've taken their time with him after his set back. Chamberlain will have been out just short of a year come the end of the month

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, Pyfish said:

Do you reckon Chamberlain will make much of an impact in the run-in?

He's the kind of player who likes to leave it all on the pitch so having that kind of energy when you want to rotate people in and out is very useful. Plus, he offers a more direct approach in the way we attack but I doubt we'll see too much of him till very late in the run-in as Klopp likes taking his time with reintroducing players.

1 hour ago, Pyfish said:

Do you reckon Chamberlain will make much of an impact in the run-in?

I really hope so because he's the best midfielder we have at connecting the midfield to the front 3, but he's been out for almost a year so probably not - we didn't see much of Lallana until recently after his long injury issues.

I doubt whether we will see Ox in action this season. Gomez on the other hand would be involved in matches in the next month. 

On a side note, anyone else read the Swiss national team's press release on Shaqiri? Apparently, he is suffering from a sensitive problem. They haven't named the exact reason or cause, but have stated that he is suffering from 'pubic inflammation'. Might be an explanation as to why Klopp isn't using him. 

2 minutes ago, IgnisExcubitor said:

I doubt whether we will see Ox in action this season. Gomez on the other hand would be involved in matches in the next month. 

On a side note, anyone else read the Swiss national team's press release on Shaqiri? Apparently, he is suffering from a sensitive problem. They haven't named the exact reason or cause, but have stated that he is suffering from 'pubic inflammation'. Might be an explanation as to why Klopp isn't using him. 

Power CPube

• Haha 2

• Subscriber

Didn't know there was a Liverpool match live on LTV, but I soon did when our son arrived with the son in tow (grandson) lol.

Liverpool Legends v Milan Glorie in a charity match, 40 minutes each half, a good entertaining match and Liverpool were coasting in the second half and was leading 2-0 compliments of Fowler and Cisse but they relaxed a wee bit and Pirio with a lovely free-kick and Pancaro with a thumper outside of the box, 2-2.

All through the match, our son kept yelling with the Anfield faithful every time Gerard had the ball "SHOOT, SHOOT...", Gerrard did twice and put it over the bar but when Milan made it 2-2 with around 5 minutes to go, Gerrard did shoot and scored the winner, 3-2.   

The funny bit for me was when Owen came on and replaced Fowler and the Anfield faithful (and my son) booed him because he played for us at one time and they booed him again when he was taken off and replaced by Aldridge lol. 

As I said an enjoyable afternoon also with a McDonalds Big Mac and chips and a banana milkshake...BURP   

Edited by CaaC - John

18 hours ago, CaaC - John said:

Didn't know there was a Liverpool match live on LTV, but I soon did when our son arrived with the son in tow (grandson) lol.

Liverpool Legends v Milan Glorie in a charity match, 40 minutes each half, a good entertaining match and Liverpool were coasting in the second half and was leading 2-0 compliments of Fowler and Cisse but they relaxed a wee bit and Pirio with a lovely free-kick and Pancaro with a thumper outside of the box, 2-2.

All through the match, our son kept yelling with the Anfield faithful every time Gerard had the ball "SHOOT, SHOOT...", Gerrard did twice and put it over the bar but when Milan made it 2-2 with around 5 minutes to go, Gerrard did shoot and scored the winner, 3-2.   

The funny bit for me was when Owen came on and replaced Fowler and the Anfield faithful (and my son) booed him because he played for us at one time and they booed him again when he was taken off and replaced by Aldridge lol. 

As I said an enjoyable afternoon also with a McDonalds Big Mac and chips and a banana milkshake...BURP   

Idk why they bring Owen to these matches. He’s not a Liverpool legend, he’s a twat, and he’s fucking hated by our fans.

21 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Idk why they bring Owen to these matches. He’s not a Liverpool legend, he’s a twat, and he’s fucking hated by our fans.

I think the club still employ him as an ambassador which is absolutely disgraceful

To his credit though, he's always a good sport about showing up to these things despite knowing he'll get booed. That or he suffers from a total lack of self-awareness

Just now, Burning Gold said:

I think the club still employ him as an ambassador which is absolutely disgraceful

To his credit though, he's always a good sport about showing up to these things despite knowing he'll get booed. That or he suffers from a total lack of self-awareness

It’s an absolute joke he’s a “club ambassador” we should cut all ties with the collosal dickhead