talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Liverpool Discussion

football forum

7 hours ago, LFCMadLad said:

Not necessarily. We made a lot of high profile and highly expensive signings last season, some of which took time to settle.

This season we will have Kieta and Fabinho up to speed and also Ox returning. 

Keeping a good, settled side together can be a good thing, without having to spend for spending sake.

I'm anticipating a steady transfer window with most of our business being offloading deadwood, with a couple of fringe players being brought in. 

I don’t think we have that much deadwood to sell tbh. With Sturridge and Moreno leaving that’s a lot of wage budget freed up on two players who were paid far more than what they earned.

• Subscriber
17 minutes ago, Happy Blue said:

Congrats @Dr. Gonzo @LFCMadLad @Mel81x @LFCMike @Rick @Harry @Burning Gold @UNORTHODOX :twothumbsup:   ....would of been a travesty if Liverpool finished empty handed this season

Thanks buddy. You've had a superb season too. And even if Yaya got confectionery screwed come over to india and I'll sort you out :)

• Like 1

• Subscriber

Congratulations all you lot, if you are anything like our son at the moment he has a raging hang-over but with a big smile on his face, he said to me "I won't be driving my Taxi for the next 2 days pops until I get all this booze out of my system" xD

giphy.gif?cid=790b76115cf381623759316e59

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, CaaC - John said:

Congratulations all you lot, if you are anything like our son at the moment he has a raging hang-over but with a big smile on his face, he said to me "I won't be driving my Taxi for the next 2 days pops until I get all this booze out of my system" xD

giphy.gif?cid=790b76115cf381623759316e59

No hangover here. Woke up about 6 feeling fine. Couple of pints now before going on holidayB|

• Upvote 2

The good thing about Klopp is he's not the kind of man who hops from job, he really buys into the whole club/fans ethos. It's why he was so perfect for Liverpool and why they're unlikely to lose him anytime soon. I just can't see him leaving for another top club until he's won the league, and even then I'd bet on him staying to try and build further. Obviously a club like Real Madrid is an opportunity no manager would just dismiss, but would he enjoy the transiet nature of the job and their fans? As someone else said, I see him leaving to manage the German national team in 6-7 years.

Edited by The Artful Dodger

17 minutes ago, The Artful Dodger said:

The good thing about Klopp is he's not the kind of man who hops from job, he really buys into the whole club/fans ethos. It's why he was so perfect for Liverpool and why they're unlikely to lose him anytime soon. I just can't see him leaving for another top club until he's won the league, and even then I'd bet on him staying to try and build further. Obviously a club like Real Madrid is an opportunity no manager would just dismiss, but would he enjoy the transiet nature of the job and their fans? As someone else said, I see him leaving to manage the German national team in 6-7 years.

You're right, Klopp has already burnt his bridges when he said that hed never manage a club like Barcelona, Real Madrid, Bayern Munich, PSG or Manchester United (who he already turned down). 

Hes not interested in clubs that can just buy anyone they want, hes much more about team bonding and improving/developing young players. 

He also loves clubs where the club has a real connection with the fans and I think Klopp and Liverpool are a perfect fit. I cant see him going anywhere soon. 

Edited by LFCMadLad

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

VVD joint favourite to win the ballon d'or. 

What a signing he has been. 

No disrespect to your current captain Henderson but whenever you see or hear the name Virgil van Dijk you straight away think of Liverpool, and he should be captain.  

5 minutes ago, CaaC (John) said:

No disrespect to your current captain Henderson but whenever you see or hear the name Virgil van Dijk you straight away think of Liverpool, and he should be captain.  

Not sure about that. The players and Klopp himself have previously said that Hendo is by far and away the biggest influence in the dressing room bar none. 

51 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

Not sure about that. The players and Klopp himself have previously said that Hendo is by far and away the biggest influence in the dressing room bar none. 

I have massive respect for Hendo. Against all odds, and with incredible boots to fill he's gone on to become a great captain and an exceptional servant of Liverpool and deserves to be long remembered for that. I do like Virgil as a future captain though. He appears to have the charisma on the pitch and be the loud voice, and the calm presence in a sea of angst. 

Without a doubt he'll wear the armband more often as the years go by

• Subscriber

1574425000_DONTDELETE.thumb.png.cd750897566edf00ccd564e215fbb0c0.png

Club World Cup: Liverpool to play tournament in Qatar in December

Liverpool will travel to Qatar in December to compete at Fifa's Club World Cup after the Gulf state was named as the new host.

The annual tournament, featuring the champions of six continents, will take place in the winter with Champions League winners Liverpool entering at the semi-final stage.

Qatar will hold the next two editions of the tournament in 2019 and 2020.

It will also host the World Cup in 2022.

It had previously been reported that the Club World Cup would not take place this year after Fifa approved changes for the tournament.

One of those changes was to replace it with a 24-team tournament which would take place every four years instead of the Confederations Cup.

Liverpool's last appearance in the Club World Cup came in Japan after their Champions League triumph in 2005. They lost 1-0 to South American champions Sao Paulo in the final.

Real Madrid won last year's Club World Cup, beating the United Arab Emirates' Al Ain 4-1 in the final in December for their third title in as many years.

Earlier on Monday, the organising committee of the Qatar 2022 World Cup released its latest workers report, in which it said it was "extremely proud of the progress made over the past year".

However, it also gave details of the work-related death of one employee, which resulted in the "removal" of "several key staff including senior health and safety managers".

It also reported the non-work-related deaths of 10 workers, including one who was struck by a car.

Hassan Al-Thawadi, the secretary-general of the Supreme Committee for Delivery and Legacy, told the BBC that "every death is a tragedy".

"In relation to workers' welfare, while progress has been made in the state of Qatar, there's still a lot more to be done," he said.

"Within the Supreme Committee, we're working very hard with NGOs, medical institutions, and with universities to do everything we can to address these issues.

"In relation to death, no matter what we say, it's never going to be enough. But we are doing everything that we can, and working towards ensuring that whatever solutions we put in place also aren't just solutions that address the spotlight, they're solutions that remain beyond 2022."

In February, Amnesty International said there could be as many as 4,000 deaths before the 2022 World Cup begins.

According to a report by the International Trades Union Confederation, more than 1,200 workers have already died since 2010.

Stephen Cockburn, deputy director of global issues at Amnesty International, said at the time: "Time is running out if the Qatari authorities want to deliver a legacy we can all cheer - namely a labour system that ends the abuse and misery inflicted upon so many migrant workers every day.

"The Qatari authorities have been taking some important steps to protect labour rights, but much more needs to be done. Holes in the reforms to date mean many workers are still stuck in harsh conditions, vulnerable to exploitation and abuse, while those who return home do so empty-handed, with no compensation and no justice."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48504200

11 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Also I should have called in sick today. I only had a few hours sober this weekend and while my hangover wasn't bad yesterday, it's furious today.

Same! Felt fucking awful this morning. Thankfully I was sat around the pool in Gran Canaria though xD