talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Liverpool Discussion

football forum

5 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

Same! Felt fucking awful this morning. Thankfully I was sat around the pool in Gran Canaria though xD

I can't ever remember a hangover like this. I feel terrible.

Well I would feel terrible, if I didn't know why I'd drank so much. So it's a good feeling terrible, because at least I did this to myself for an excellent reason.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• Subscriber

Apparently Jurgen is showing interest in Donny Van De Beek from Ajax with a reported price of around 55m. I think thats a steal for a class midfielder who has operating prowess right behind the front line as well.

Dave Maddock (very reliable for us) says we’re looking to give Origi an extension (good, because he’s officially a legend now) and moving on the players with expiring contracts, namely Moreno (yay) and Sturridge (important because he’s on big wages). And that we’re also open to offers for Lallana to free up wages.

Haven't got a bad word to say about Sturridge. He's been a proper professional even when he wasn't getting picked. Wish him all the best. 

To his credit, Moreno has never really kicked up a fuss but he's nowhere near good enough to be even deputising Robbo. Watch him go back to Spain and be a beast just like Aspas did. 

5 hours ago, Stan said:

Footballer on the pitch. 

A crime-fighter, unbeknownst to him (?) off it... 

I posted that a few days back in the breaking news/politics section. Honestly, I think it's a bit sad it takes an incredible footballer to humanise Muslims to a large swathe of the country.

• Subscriber

Give him one before all the usual big guns come in with offers, like Real, Juve, Barca, PSG...

595204111_DONTDELETE.thumb.png.79057f04cd7e65e12fef88076e28cca2.png

Sources: Van Dijk wants new Liverpool deal

Virgil van Dijk has told Liverpool he wants to sign a new contract with the club, sources have told ESPN FC.

The world's most expensive defender signed a five-and-a-half-year deal upon his £75 million switch from Southampton in January 2018 but is already enthusiastic about further solidifying his commitment to the Champions League winners.

- When does the transfer window close?

The 27-year-old made the declaration to the club well in advance of Liverpool's 2-0 win over Tottenham in Madrid, which saw them add a sixth European Cup -- the first trophy of the Jurgen Klopp era.

Given the length of Van Dijk's deal as well the relentless intensity of the final months of the season, neither party were in a rush to formally begin negotiations. That is still the case with the centre-back now on Nations League duty with the Netherlands.

Both Liverpool and the player's agent, Neil Fewings of Wasserman, are relaxed about the process as there is confidence that terms will eventually be thrashed out with minimal fuss.

Van Dijk is already among the highest earners at Anfield and his status within the squad is reflected by the dressing room selecting him as the third captain behind Jordan Henderson and James Milner. Named the PFA Player of the Season, Netherlands' captain is expected to be a serious contender for the Ballon d'Or, which hasn't been won by a defender since Fabio Cannavaro in 2006.

Tying down the standout performer would be a continuation of Liverpool's policy of investing to keep their core intact and ensuring a pathway is open for their next generation rather than spending blockbuster fees this summer.

https://www.espn.co.uk/football/soccer-transfers/story/3868289/sources-van-dijk-wants-new-liverpool-deal

Edited by CaaC (John)

19 minutes ago, CaaC (John) said:

I see Liverpool are playing Napoli here at Murrayfield on the 28th July and that's our son trying to get tickets for him and his son (our grandson), he asked me if I would like to go with them and all I said is I will think about it lol.

Liverpool v Napoli

Seems an odd location, do a lot of Scots follow English sides?

On 05/06/2019 at 02:14, Rick said:

Haven't got a bad word to say about Sturridge. He's been a proper professional even when he wasn't getting picked. Wish him all the best. 

To his credit, Moreno has never really kicked up a fuss but he's nowhere near good enough to be even deputising Robbo. Watch him go back to Spain and be a beast just like Aspas did. 

To be fair both players leave Liverpool and you could wish them nothing but the best. Moreno I've found such a frustrating player but his attitude was never in question.

Sturridge had a reputation for petulance but you have to say he's been absolutely fantastic in his time with us even through some rough patches and being down the pecking order.

They're both I think still going to have some very good playing years ahead of them. I hope Sturridge in particular has big success and finds a club and a solid injury free few years.

On 05/06/2019 at 06:33, Dr. Gonzo said:

I posted that a few days back in the breaking news/politics section. Honestly, I think it's a bit sad it takes an incredible footballer to humanise Muslims to a large swathe of the country.

Heaps of people don't interact with Muslims. Some of them are happy to believe the best of them despite that. Others will be more wary. Salah fills that gap and makes a portion of those earlier people think twice.

Other possibility is is a statistical anomaly.

• Subscriber
23 minutes ago, The Artful Dodger said:

Seems an odd location, do a lot of Scots follow English sides?

Aye, our son is a Hearts of Midlothian and a Liverpool fan, I am a Rangers and a Man United fan, there is a Man United supporters club in Edinburgh and a Liverpool Supporters club and a lot more with English club connections.

Liverpool

469743656_download(2).thumb.png.181deffe540ae80be1912cb62047ee4e.png

Man United

Just now, Dr. Gonzo said:

Apparently Klopp is ready to go back in for Fekir despite the glass knee. Because apparently now we can get him at just a fraction of the agreed price last year (rumour is £15m, which would be well worth the risk).

That needs to be put to bed. He hasn't had any injury in over 3 years now. 

• Subscriber

Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp is willing to sell Egypt striker Mohamed Salah, 27 if Pepe comes to Anfield according to the BBC via Le10 Sport - in French)  :whistling:

Foot - Mercato - LOSC

EXCLU - Mercato - LOSC : Nicolas Pepe sème la zizanie à… Liverpool?

303592-large.jpg

Publié le 13 juin 2019 à 21h13 par Alexis Bernard

Très intéressé par Nicolas Pepe, Liverpool aurait transmis une offre de transfert au LOSC. Et l’intérêt de Jurgen Klopp pour l’Ivoirien est tel qu’il perturberait l’harmonie des Reds en interne…

L’intérêt de Liverpool pour Nicolas Pepe est réel. Jürgen Klopp adore le joueur et souhaite voir les Reds se positionner cet été pour pouvoir le récupérer. Selon nos informations, Liverpool a d’ailleurs transmis une offre de transfert au LOSC. Visiblement, elle n’a pas encore convaincu les Lillois, qui ont par ailleurs reçu deux autres propositions, très importantes…

Tension Klopp / Salah ?

Le cas Pepe prend de l’ampleur à Liverpool. A tel point qu’il perturberait même la bonne ambiance qui règne en interne après la victoire en Ligue des Champions. Jürgen Klopp ne serait plus vraiment sur la même longueur d’onde que ses équipes de recrutement. Au cœur des tensions, il y aurait surtout une relation Klopp/Salah de plus en plus compliquée… L’entraîneur allemand ne serait visiblement pas contre la vente de l’Égyptien, notamment si cela lui permet de récupérer Nicolas Pepe. Un dossier à suivre de très près à Liverpool, mais également dans toute l’Europe. L’Ivoirien est un garçon des plus courtisés, pas seulement en Angleterre…

https://le10sport.com/football/mercato/exclu-mercato-losc-nicolas-pepe-seme-la-zizanie-a-liverpool-461075

On 12/06/2019 at 15:27, Cicero said:

That needs to be put to bed. He hasn't had any injury in over 3 years now. 

The fear wasn't that he's injury prone, it's that when that knee does go, it'll be the end of his career. I'm not a medical professional, so I don't know whether that's a legitimate fear, but what needs to be put to bed is this "he hasn't been injured yet" stuff.

I'm a little hesitant beccause of the league he plays in as well as the injury, but it's got to the stage that anyone Klopp and Edwards like is more than good enough for me. All for it if we can get him for a small fee on a short deal