talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Liverpool Discussion

football forum

On 12/06/2019 at 15:43, Cicero said:

He's been fine for 3 years now. The only risk presented to Fekir atm is having arthritis in his later years. 

Where have you heard that mate? I ask because all the medical reports from his failed medical with us explained that the operation Fekir had on his knee was a cheap bodge job which left loads of soft scar tissue that is more than likely to tear again. 

Basically the professional medics that carried out the medical strongly suggested that it was a case of when,  not if, his knee gave way again. 

I dont think we would have pulled out of a £53m deal at the very last minute if the only issue was Fekir getting arthritis when hes retired. 

18 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

If that ban holds it's a pretty boring summer for you then. Well I guess there'll be excitement about a new manager, especially if it's Lampard.

Barkley the new face of Chelsea according to Sky Sports. That’s pretty exciting 

• Haha 2

• Subscriber

:o  :eek:

1904684623_DONTDELETE.thumb.png.e102f0265f36f7795fd57d13bdffe176.png

Mo Salah: Liverpool forward should join Barcelona, says Samuel Eto'o

_107507627_mosalah.jpg

Salah scored in the 2019 Champions League final as Liverpool beat Tottenham to lift the trophy

Former Chelsea striker Samuel Eto'o has urged Liverpool's Egyptian forward Mo Salah to move to Barcelona.

Salah has been in stunning form for the Reds since joining in 2017, scoring 54 goals in 74 appearances.

He has been linked with a move to Real Madrid but 38-year-old Eto'o, who spent five years at Barcelona from 2004, said: "Barcelona would be a better fit.

"Real gave me the opportunity to leave Africa but I know Barcelona's style and I think it would be better for him."

Eto'o, who was taken on a youth player by Real and made three appearances for Los Blancos, added: "If he has the chance to play in the best league of the world, which is the Spanish one, he has to sign for Barcelona.

"Mo has everything to be one of the best players in the world."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48738211

1 hour ago, CaaC (John) said:

:o  :eek:

1904684623_DONTDELETE.thumb.png.e102f0265f36f7795fd57d13bdffe176.png

Mo Salah: Liverpool forward should join Barcelona, says Samuel Eto'o

_107507627_mosalah.jpg

Salah scored in the 2019 Champions League final as Liverpool beat Tottenham to lift the trophy

Former Chelsea striker Samuel Eto'o has urged Liverpool's Egyptian forward Mo Salah to move to Barcelona.

Salah has been in stunning form for the Reds since joining in 2017, scoring 54 goals in 74 appearances.

He has been linked with a move to Real Madrid but 38-year-old Eto'o, who spent five years at Barcelona from 2004, said: "Barcelona would be a better fit.

"Real gave me the opportunity to leave Africa but I know Barcelona's style and I think it would be better for him."

Eto'o, who was taken on a youth player by Real and made three appearances for Los Blancos, added: "If he has the chance to play in the best league of the world, which is the Spanish one, he has to sign for Barcelona.

"Mo has everything to be one of the best players in the world."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48738211

Barcelona have started their usual shit then. This will be the big saga next summer, but I can't see Salah wanting to make the step down for a few years yet.

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I wouldn’t sell Salah to anyone, especially Barca. I’d start the negotiations at a billion though, if they’re going to start a media campaign to get him.

I wouldn't go as high as a billion xD

I would however (if I was involved in the negotiations) issue a public statement telling them that they can have him for £300m or shut the fuck up. 

I would also tell them that £50m will be added every time the sly twats leak bollocks to the press.

Seriously, Barca have overtook Madrid as the ugliest club in world football. 

Salah probably realises though that we are better than Barcelona, both in terms of playing staff, coaching staff and popularity. 

Edited by LFCMadLad

4 minutes ago, IgnisExcubitor said:

Retaining the core of the squad is important, and we have done a good job with that, but at what point should we be worried about no additions.

It's important to improve our bench, especially when we expect to again compete with a freak of a side like City. 

I'll be worried if we've got a week to go in the window and nobody's signed for us.

Guys the Eto'o comment is from one loose dude.

So let's not go sharpening the fuck Barca knives just yet...

If they are going for Neymar and Griezmann it's unlikely they'd be thinking of Salah joining in the next 3 years...

1 hour ago, Rick said:

I'm a bit worried that there are no real murmurs of anything. We absolutely need re-enforced if we want to go up against City again.

Totally agree. In previous years we have been quite decisive in the market whereas this year there hadn't been any really credible links of players that could seriiously improve our Matchday squad in the coming season 

13 minutes ago, Harry said:

Guys the Eto'o comment is from one loose dude.

So let's not go sharpening the fuck Barca knives just yet...

If they are going for Neymar and Griezmann it's unlikely they'd be thinking of Salah joining in the next 3 years...

They're looking to bin off Coutinho after 18 months, wouldn't be surprised if they look to bin off another player after spending a shitload.