talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Liverpool Discussion

football forum

43 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Just seen some clips of Harvey Elliot's performance vs Lyon - looks pretty fucking good for a 16 year old kid

Indeed. So calm and confident, didn't look out of place against grown men 

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Imo the star of our pre-season (according to many highlight reels and me watching one actual preseason match) gets some good news for the upcoming season:

I dont think thats an incorrect statement at all. Some of his appearances have been very good and he'll only get better. Even if he does make a few mistakes along the way he can only get better from what I have seen.

Well yesterday Kieta looked sharp as fuck despite only just returning to training. Also, Lallana had a really good game sat just in front of the defence. 

Hoever looked great at RB, could actually be considered as Trents back up?!

Oh and what a gem we have on our hands with Elliot! 16 years old and strutting around like he owned the gaff. Actually gave Hendo a right bollocking at one point xD Could Klopp include a 16 year old in our first team squad? Well he has got balls the size of a house so who knows? 

Anyway, we finally got a pre season win :banana:

Edited by LFCMadLad
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Imo the star of our pre-season (according to many highlight reels and me watching one actual preseason match) gets some good news for the upcoming season:

Hes gonna be excellent! Cant wait to see him develop. 

• Administrator
37 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

Could Klopp include a 16 year old in our first team squad?

Technically doesn't need to. U21 so doesn't count towards 25-man squad. 

1 hour ago, The Artful Dodger said:

A video has emerged of him mocking the way Harry Kane speaks done when he was at Fulham. Might make things a bit awkward if he ever gets in the England squad, we're all tits when we're 16 and got to wonder who has stored that and kept it waiting for the right moment to sell it.

xD I don’t think the issue is mocking Harry Kane here, it’s him calling Kane a Oopsy Daisy, which is mocking people with Down syndrome . I’m sure if they ever play together, Harry Kane’s skin will be thick enough to get over the fact that when Elliot was 15 or 16 he said some not nice stuff about Kane.

But it’s good he’s apologised for any offense caused, because mocking disabilities isn’t really okay. Although in fairness to him, when I was his age I didn’t know the origin of the word “Oopsy Daisy” or “Autumnal foliage” and I’m sure loads of other people were the same.

This video should make him reevaluate who his friends are though

• Subscriber

Quote.thumb.png.dc65ea8c8ed00b87847011563317ea5c.png

Liverpool sell Melwood training ground 'with heavy heart'

download.thumb.png.26d420828f8e0bca6edbc8fbb791a23f.png

Liverpool have completed the sale of their training ground to an affordable housing provider, the club's vice-president has said.

The club announced it would leave Melwood in West Derby and move to a new £50m first team and academy training site in Kirkby in 2017.

They would leave with "a heavy heart" as it had played "a significant role in the club's history", Andy Hughes said.

Not-for-profit trust Torus has bought the site for an undisclosed fee.

The organisation has 1,600 properties in the surrounding area and manages around 40,000 properties in the region.

'Incredibly historical site'

Harry Doyle, the Labour councillor for Knotty Ash, said he was "really disappointed" and claimed the club had "turned their back on what could have been a fantastic legacy".

He added that the local community were "disappointed and angry" at the decision to sell.

Torus managing director Chris Bowen said being selected to develop the site "means a great deal to us".

"We look forward to meeting with the community in due course [and] we will also be working closely with LFC to ensure the legacy of this incredibly historical site is a theme throughout."

Mr Hughes said all funds from the sale would be invested in Liverpool's squad and the new training centre.

Work on the Kirkby site started in summer 2018 and is expected to be completed in summer 2020, with the first team taking up residence from the start of the 2020/21 season.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-merseyside-49191871

2 hours ago, IgnisExcubitor said:

Milner and Robbo discussing and rating biscuits is highly entertaining content. Whoever came up with this idea deserves a medal. 

Already watched this earlier, They do upload some amazing content at times. The hip hop quiz is brilliant too.

Not sure how it's possible to become CEO of two of the biggest brands in the world (in their respective fields) without the basic intelligence to figure out how to post a Twitter thread, but apparently it is. Anyway, Peter Moore's been tweeting about the copyright controversy

Edited by Burning Gold

• Subscriber
10 hours ago, IgnisExcubitor said:

Milner and Robbo discussing and rating biscuits is highly entertaining content. Whoever came up with this idea deserves a medal. 

Watched it yesterday and Robbo's face when he eats the biscuits is priceless. Even the comment "why would you invite him he only has 3% body fat" LOFL

• Subscriber

Liverpool sign keeper Adrian to replace the departed Simon Mignolet

Liverpool has signed former West Ham keeper Adrian to replace Simon Mignolet, who has joined Club Bruges.

Adrian, 32, was available on a free transfer having been released by the Hammers during the summer.

FULL REPORT

Whoops, just seen @IgnisExcubitor has already posted this in a separate thread, my apologies buddy  :ay:

Edited by CaaC (John)
  • Upvote 1

Pushing City so close and now to sit back and do nothing whereas City have strengthened yet again, is ludicrous. Just no funds available? 

The audacity of Pep if he ever spouts out nonsense again about seeking a ‘challenge’ . Mug.

Edited by Cicero

• Administrator
3 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Pushing City so close and now to sit back and do nothing whereas City have strengthened yet again, is ludicrous. Just no funds available? 

The audacity of Pep if he ever spouts out nonsense again about seeking a ‘challenge’ . Mug.

It's not Pep's fault though if Liverpool don't spend? Surely Liverpool have funds?

14 minutes ago, Stan said:

It's not Pep's fault though if Liverpool don't spend? Surely Liverpool have funds?

He has a clear advantage no other manager has, so it’s a bit of a piss take if he says stuff like needing a new challenge, as he’s done before. Especially considering his rumored next destination is Juve. 

He has a bench valued at 260 million (Jesus, Mahrez, Sane, Rodri, Mendy, and Gundogan), whereas it’s been reported Liverpool only have a 20 million budget. 

Like I said, Liverpool had no right to finish 1 point behind them with all things considered. That was all down to Klopp

Edited by Cicero

• Administrator
Just now, Cicero said:

He has a clear advantage no other manager has, so it’s a bit of a piss take if he says stuff like needing a new challenge, as he’s done before. Especially considering his rumored next destination is Juve. 

He has a bench valued at 260 million (Jesus, Mahrez, Sane, Rodri, Mendy, and Gundogan), whereas it’s been reported Liverpool only have a 20 million budget. 

There's a clear advantage which is not brand new information. Can't deny he didn't get a challenge last season though.

I can't imagine Liverpool only have a budget that small when they've just won CL. The revenue from that plus the PL money alone means there's no way it's just £20m.

3 minutes ago, Stan said:

There's a clear advantage which is not brand new information. Can't deny he didn't get a challenge last season though.

I can't imagine Liverpool only have a budget that small when they've just won CL. The revenue from that plus the PL money alone means there's no way it's just £20m.

Balancing the books maybe. I for the life of me can’t fathom why they wouldn’t strengthen if the funds are there. 

Spending in England at most clubs seems down compared to other insane transfer windows.

I think the reality is we're a normal football club without infinite budgets and the focus this year is on keeping the core group of players we have together, rather than what usually happens where Barca or Real Madrid come and take our best player and leave us in a state of rebuilding. We're rich, but we don't have Manchester City money.

Obviously, I'd like to see us have more depth... at the same time, Klopp's shown he's willing to wait until he can get the players he actually wants... and those players generally are the players the fans are most happy with. So if that's what's going on here, then I'm alright with that as well.

• Upvote 1