talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Liverpool Discussion

football forum

Just now, LFCMadLad said:

Was just going to edit my post to say there are again conflicting reports. 

Klopp wont put a timescale on it but as you say, he just said 'a few weeks', which is quite a blanket response to be fair xD

It's probably 6-8 weeks, unless it was a pretty severe tear. But Klopp doesn't want to put a timetable on and just wants to let him recover at whatever pace, rather than putting pressure on him to return. Which is fair enough, we don't want to put him out when he's not fully healed and have a more severe repeat of this. It's a long season, we need him for as much of it as possible.

It's a bit mental that Adrian is now in the position he's in after a summer not attached to a club until days before the window shut, and he's got big shoes (gloves) to fill... we know he's not as good as Alisson - he knows it too. We just have to keep working as a unit and doing the best we can in this bad situation and hope that he does a good job while also hoping that Alisson is ready to go ASAP. I've seen Adrian have good games against us, I've also seen him get utterly rocked by us - he seems like a keeper that's capable of good moments and capable of moments of madness... which we're a bit used to. I hope the crowd gets behind them, he got a good reception for just hopping in, the squad are now trying to big him up. If he's full of confidence and can fill in for a... month or two admirably that won't fuck us up too badly.

I'm just relieved it's not an Achilles issue, which'd keep him out for the whole season. It's shit, but it could have been much worse. And we've seen also with Sane, who walked off the pitch against us when he'd torn his ACL... it can be a lot worse, even when it doesn't seem too bad initially because the player feels strong enough to walk.

• Upvote 1

Hopefully last night taught Klopp a lesson. Don't leave Firmino on the bench if he is fit, cause he always makes things happen. Ox is great, but not as part of a front 3, he needs to sit deeper and make those driving runs from midfield. Also, Gini needs to be absolutely first choice over Milner, he's out best midfielder when it comes to retaining the ball.

What a tit

We really should have enough to beat Southampton but I have to say I'm quite worried about this game now. What with extra time the other night and the lack of time between the two games. Now we're going to have some keeper who was on loan at Rochdale from Middlesbrough last season in goal making his Premier League at the age of 35!

3 hours ago, RandoEFC said:

Do Liverpool fans actually enjoy not winning the league? :ph34r:

Holy fuck, ban that fucking moron from our matches for life. Stupid fucking cunt like that dumb shithead kid with a beachball that should have been shot into the fucking sun

Edited by Dr. Gonzo

Jürgen Klopp sets Liverpool record after Southampton win
Glenn Price@GlennPrice94

Liverpool's 2-1 victory over Southampton on Saturday saw Jürgen Klopp amass 300 league points in fewer games than any manager in the club's history.

Jürgen Klopp sets Liverpool record after Southampton win

Liverpool's 2-1 victory over Southampton on Saturday saw Jürgen Klopp amass 300 league points in fewer games than any manager in the club's history.

www.liverpoolfc.com

The trip to St Mary's was the German's 146th league match in charge of the Reds since taking over in October 2015.
The three points claimed after goals from Sadio Mane and Roberto Firmino helped Klopp surpass the mark previously set by Sir Kenny Dalglish, who reached the threshold in 150 fixtures.
Club statistician Ged Rea has broken down the numbers based on three points for a win.

Number of games to reach 300 league points

Jürgen Klopp – 146 (17/8/19)
Kenny Dalglish (first spell) – 150 (14/3/89)
Rafael Benitez – 159 (5/10/08)
Bob Paisley – 161 (8/4/78)
Bill Shankly – 166 (30/11/63)
Gerard Houllier – 169 (8/3/03)
Tom Watson – 197 (6/9/02)
Matt McQueen – 205 (2/1/28)
George Kay – 212 (25/8/48)
George Patterson – 220 (27/12/32)

Quite a remarkable achievement when considering the fact that Klopp had to entirely reconstruct the squad after the shambles Rodgers had left us with, and hadn't even a first summer pre-season to prepare the players when he came in. Congrats Kloppo, long may that continue!

7 hours ago, The Artful Dodger said:

Teams are more dominant nowadays, as football is far more unequal. Shankly, paisley's achievements will be hard to get even close to for Klopp. 

Winning league champions used to regularly lose 7-8 games a year. 

Hmm I dont know? I'd say the league is more competitive now if anything, certainly the standard of football, fitness etc has increased.

From the 70's to the 00's, English football was largely dominated by Liverpool and Utd, with Leeds Utd having a decent spell as well. 

Now you have City, Arsenal, Chelsea and Spurs all competing to a certain degree. I definitely think the standard is largely better now than what it was.