talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Liverpool Discussion

football forum

Just now, Harry said:

It should be for the most outstanding and important player.

Messi had obviously been very much that but VVD was pivotal also, and his natural calm is hugely important to the mental strength of the team.

If Messi doesn't win it it'll be because Barca were seen to fall down in important games, and I think some responsibility rests with the captain when that occurs.

Which should be Sterling ;)

• Subscriber

Wish I could copy the tweet and paste it in here but this iPad doesn’t allow it. Apparently all our sales and loans of players have generated 53.2 Million this summer. I suppose that’s a good thing because now the pot to get a player we want just gets better either in the winter or the following summer.

NVM figured it out.

Edited by Mel81x

1 hour ago, LFCMadLad said:

His wages I'd imagine. VVD is probably 10 times better yet was on lower wages. 

I've just read that no new contract has been offered anyway, just paper talk atm.

Yeah I read Van Dijk is 'bemused' at reports of a new contract

• Subscriber

I am hopeful he does get time in the last week of September because even though we have a big month in October every single game counts when you're running up against City who are regaining momentum again. There is a part of me that doesn't want him to go out on International break when he recovers but it might be good for his form and to gain playing time if he does.