talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Liverpool Discussion

football forum

1 minute ago, Mel81x said:

im more worried about this international break coming up and what it might do to the players before we even go to the the tournament.

If I were Klopp I'd do what Fergie used to do all the time and claim all our International players are injured. 

Edited by LFCMadLad
  • Upvote 1

• Administrator
6 minutes ago, Mel81x said:

He then goes on to say that he'd love to see what happens if we progress and the FA Cup, league games and the Carabo cup all clash together. His exact words "I'd like to see what happens then" after which he laughs.

The league game just gets shoved towards the end of the season.

The Carabao Cup finishes end of Feb so after that, it's the CL which would hinder it more.

In 16/17 we had the same issue. Progressed to QFs of FA Cup. So our league game with Arsenal originally scheduled for Feb or March kept getting moved back. Ended up going to last Wednesday in May before the season finished.

1 minute ago, Stan said:

The Carabao Cup finishes end of Feb so after that, it's the CL which would hinder it more.

In 16/17 we had the same issue. Progressed to QFs of FA Cup. So our league game with Arsenal originally scheduled for Feb or March kept getting moved back. Ended up going to last Wednesday in May before the season finished.

I've a feeling Klopp will totally throw the FA Cup, which is a shame but hes not really got much choice.

• Subscriber
15 minutes ago, Stan said:

I don't think its much of the fact that the league games get pushed and more to do with what the conundrum in rotation is at that point. If you progress then you want to put your best foot forward and make sure you're competing on all fronts.

• Administrator
1 minute ago, Mel81x said:

I don't think its much of the fact that the league games get pushed and more to do with what the conundrum in rotation is at that point. If you progress then you want to put your best foot forward and make sure you're competing on all fronts.

You have a squad. A big one at that. Use it like any other side would have to :) 

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, Stan said:

You have a squad. A big one at that. Use it like any other side would have to :) 

Think the manager alluded to that in the interview too. I believe he thinks we should be gunning for the league and I agree with him. The rest of them are competitions we want to be in and the Carabo cup is one we even tried to get out of but it just backfired on us eventhough it was very entertaining for the neutrals. 

• Administrator
4 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

That's hard to do when we have a domestic cup game one day and then a game on the other side of the world the next day O.o

Okay granted it's a busy December, but we're also talking about FA Cup games as well and they start from January onwards. Don't forget every side in the Premier League has a week off in February either the 8th or 15th. Time to recuperate and give players a break which I'm sure will be welcome.

22 hours ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

It takes a world class coach to achieve such feat, I dont think klopp would be fond of such unrealistic expectations 

Would you rather have Klopp as manager of Manchester United or OGS? 

I know Klopp turned down Utd but question still stands? :D

On 09/11/2019 at 05:52, The Artful Dodger said:

Fuck that, go for greatness, win them all. Aim for the treble that Manchester United did, the greatest achievement in English football history.

Did they have a mid season trip to Qatar when they won the treble? If we’d been dumped out of the league cup early like we’d been trying to I’d say go for it. But Unai Emery fucked that up for us.

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Did they have a mid season trip to Qatar when they won the treble? If we’d been dumped out of the league cup early like we’d been trying to I’d say go for it. But Unai Emery fucked that up for us.

I'd love to have a go at the FA Cup but the timing of it is just shit. Right after the busy Christmas period, add the CWC on top of that too. It's not doable. It's alright if you have no European football

On 10/11/2019 at 12:53, LFCMadLad said:

I know Klopp turned down Utd but question still stands? :D

Which story is the fan base going for this week? Phil Thompson and the wife story? Or Robbie Fowler and the ‘too commercial’ line? Of course Klopp will say he turned United down, it’ll simply give him even cheaper adulation to the fans (not that he needs it). Can’t say I ever remember him being approached at the time. That’s not a bitter or bias comment either, it’s the genuine truth.

Sterling is a brave man trying to take on Gomez. 

@topic

I have always deemed the 08-09 team to be the best, but I can say that this team is better than that. 

Also, in Fabinho we have finally replaced Mascherano, and dare I say the Brazilian is technically and creatively superior to the Argentine. 

Edited by IgnisExcubitor

21 hours ago, Harry said:

FB_IMG_1573532494849.jpg

By Rio Ferdinand

GARETH has handled being England manager brilliantly - up to this point.

He has conducted himself in a admirable, eloquent & engaging way. Helping to make a Nation feel like they can have some sort of confidence & respect for the national team.
However, I feel this incident could have been handled better.

Keep it behind closed doors & deal with it internally surely?! Come International Week, it’s meet up time between Sterling & Gomez...  Raheem Sterling was still upset with Gomez about the result on Sunday & their little pushing/words said during the #lfc vs #mcfc game.

So he has obviously gone into the England camp heated & gone for Gomez, in doing so grabbed Gomez by the throat. Obviously as a manager I’m sure having a harmonious squad is the best scenario - handshakes and hugs on sight not confrontations. But let’s be honest now this kind of stuff isn’t uncommon in squads full of testosterone.

In the various squads I have been a part of I have seen players get punched in the face, ribs broken, nose busted, head kicked like a football.....a throat grab was the equivalent of the intricate handshake embraces that are all too familiar today!

The main question is: Why this couldn’t be handled internally? 

I suppose the management have felt it would be better to nip it in the bud prior to the press, agents, family friends leaking the news. However, the worst case on this instance would have been someone asking in a press conference “what happened between Raheem & Gomez, we heard there was a fight”. Easy answer & we have a game to concentrate on. Incident done and dusted. No player looks any worse, we move on.

Now Raheem is left to defend himself from all of the haters that had had their keyboards turnt off due to him becoming a very worthy ambassador for the English game, and rightly so.

If this was a terrible incident then I would be all for public shaming & discipline. But for this ‘throat grab’ that we are TOLD it’s for I can’t understand it.

Gareth would no doubt had seen worse many times during his time as a player and manager.
I just feel this could and should have been handled better to support the player & not hang him out to dry.

One of our World Class players who has conducted himself wonderfully through Racism and unwarranted criticism in an England shirt will now come under more scrutiny and be vilified in the media no doubt - when this could have been dealt with internally. Hindsight is a great thing though.

It seems to me, Raheem felt embarrassed by all that went on at the weekend.... a sign of winning mentality..... however channeled wrongly. Help educate him!

RF

Thoughts?