talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Liverpool Discussion

football forum

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, LFCMike said:

Dominic Matteo undergone surgery on a brain tumour. Only 45. All the best to him

Bloody hell, I wish the lad well, ex Leeds, Scotland International too besides Liverpool.

Edited by CaaC (John)

• Subscriber

R.I.P. Johnny, my thoughts go out to all the loved ones you left behind.

Quote.thumb.png.4dec55a1196b41709f8cd88212c3c20c.png

Johnny Wheeler: Former Liverpool and Bolton winger dies aged 91

_109712801_shutterstock_editorial_306990

Former Liverpool and Bolton Wanderers player Johnny Wheeler has died at the age of 91.

After starting his career at Tranmere Rovers, Wheeler made more than 180 appearances for Bolton, including the 1953 FA Cup final defeat by Blackpool.

The winger left for Liverpool in 1956 and made 177 appearances for the Reds, scoring 23 goals, and captained the side in the 1958-59 season.

Wheeler was capped once by England in 1954.

In that game, he helped England beat Northern Ireland 2-0 in the British Home Championships.

Following his retirement in 1963, Wheeler went on to become an assistant trainer at Bury.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/50445510

8 hours ago, LFCMadLad said:

So apparently Salah, Gomez, VVD , Robertson and Henderson are all injured and a doubt for our next league game.

Love International football me. 

Van Dijk left the Dutch camp because of 'personal circumstances', he's not injured.

33 minutes ago, Mel81x said:

Think we'll get Salah back in time and Robertson was injured before the actual international friendlies right? I don't think he played any part in any of the games.

Yeah and Henderson had a viral infection and didn't play any part for England in either game. Gomez picked up a knock in England training but it's not serious

• Subscriber
3 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

Yeah and Henderson had a viral infection and didn't play any part for England in either game. Gomez picked up a knock in England training but it's not serious

Its safe to assume we'll have our core players back in time for Palace so nothing to worry about. I was a bit concerned about the Salah injury but its really a non worry at this point. The other good point about the friendlies is that Ox got a goal and its very useful for us when it comes to having attack swap options now. 

Edited by Mel81x

• Administrator
10 hours ago, LFCMadLad said:

So apparently Salah, Gomez, VVD , Robertson and Henderson are all injured and a doubt for our next league game.

Love International football me. 

2 hours ago, LFCMike said:

Van Dijk left the Dutch camp because of 'personal circumstances', he's not injured.

1 hour ago, Mel81x said:

Think we'll get Salah back in time and Robertson was injured before the actual international friendlies right? I don't think he played any part in any of the games.

1 hour ago, LFCMike said:

So not really anything to worry about then xD