talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Liverpool Discussion

football forum

• Subscriber
50 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Holy shit, you wanna see something delusional? Look at Tom Hicks’ latest interview.

So glad that absolute waste of human flesh isn’t associated with us anymore.

He consistently kept saying he wishes he was a part of the financial bigger pie. What a nutjob and he turned on Gillett all through the interview too.

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11669/11876502/former-liverpool-owner-tom-hicks-talks-to-sky-sports-news-about-his-time-at-anfield

3 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Holy shit, you wanna see something delusional? Look at Tom Hicks’ latest interview.

The club has literally trebled in value since they left. He must feel like topping himself everytime he hears our name :clown:xD

18 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Honestly I respect the frankness of that interview. Interesting to see a bit of his perspective through that period.

However given his affiliation for Trump I couldn't trust anything he'd say to be factual.

• Administrator
58 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

Everyone seen our squad for Qatar? We're not leaving anyone behind. From the League Cup side against Arsenal, only Kelleher and Van Den Berg have been left out I think.

Genuinely thought it'd be a mix of seniors/youngsters for both squads that are going and staying. 

Can see Villa giving you an absolute walloping but on the flip side, you giving an absolute thrashing to whoever you play in Qatar. Favourable for us given the time frame in which you would leave Qatar and then play us. Does Klopp do Xmas Day training :ph34r:

1 minute ago, Stan said:

Genuinely thought it'd be a mix of seniors/youngsters for both squads that are going and staying. 

Can see Villa giving you an absolute walloping but on the flip side, you giving an absolute thrashing to whoever you play in Qatar. Favourable for us given the time frame in which you would leave Qatar and then play us. Does Klopp do Xmas Day training :ph34r:

Yep.

2 minutes ago, Stan said:

I've just read that Brewster, Elliott, Jones and Williams will play v Villa and fly out after that game.

47 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

Where would he get in our team? Hes not want to sit on the bench. 

Players like Origi and Ox play plenty of games and Minamino is currently at Salzburg...I’m sure it wouldn’t take much convincing. 

He was very good at Anfield and had spells in the game on Tuesday. I don't know enough about him to judge him based off just those two games but I'm sure Klopp and his team will have done their homework if they do go for him. At £7m you can't really go wrong though

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber
26 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

He was very good at Anfield and had spells in the game on Tuesday. I don't know enough about him to judge him based off just those two games but I'm sure Klopp and his team will have done their homework if they do go for him. At £7m you can't really go wrong though

Echo what Mike says here. He's young and has talent I think that's what everyone can see. How Klopp uses him and what he wants from him as part of the team is something no one will know right now and only time will tell. Keep in mind that this deal needs to be acted on sooner rather than later because I feel like come the summer his valuation will go much higher depending on how they do in the Europa League too.

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber

Sometimes we forget how useful he can be in the dying minutes of a game to start slowing it down. I think he's done very well for us since signing on almost a free or was it a free?

Edited by Mel81x

I'm so happy he's extended his contract. He's put in so many good performances for us since signing. He spent a whole season out at left back and was one of the better left backs in the league - which was incredible. Then he moved back to midfield and went back to being great in the midfield.

Usually I'd balk at the idea of paying a man until he's 36, but Milner consistently wins the fitness challenges in preseason and he's a wise old head. Really good to have around when you need a bit of control, as well as being able to cover loads of different positions

Really good couple of days for Liverpool Football Club

Edited by Burning Gold

1 hour ago, LFCMike said:

Liverpool have confirmed the squad for Qatar. Lovren is not travelling but Wijnaldum does. 

Alisson, Van Dijk, Wijnaldum, Milner, Keita, Firmino, Mane, Salah, Gomez, Adrian, Henderson, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Lallana, Lonergan, Shaqiri, Robertson, Origi, Jones, Alexander-Arnold, Williams.

Thought they might leave some of the first team squad at home for the Villa game, but looks like they've got everyone. Even Jones, Lonergan and Williams are travelling. That game could get ugly, which will do nothing for those players' development

15 minutes ago, Burning Gold said:

Alisson, Van Dijk, Wijnaldum, Milner, Keita, Firmino, Mane, Salah, Gomez, Adrian, Henderson, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Lallana, Lonergan, Shaqiri, Robertson, Origi, Jones, Alexander-Arnold, Williams.

Thought they might leave some of the first team squad at home for the Villa game, but looks like they've got everyone. Even Jones, Lonergan and Williams are travelling. That game could get ugly, which will do nothing for those players' development

I'm not sure what's happened to Elliott and Brewster from this squad, they were originally named in the 23 man squad along with Jones and Williams and it was said they'll be travelling after the Villa game. But Jones and Williams are named here so assume they're not playing the League Cup game at all. Maybe this is just the players travelling today, I don't know.

On the point of first team players being left behind, I'm not sure how well it would have gone down if you told say, Milner, Lallana and Shaqiri 'we're going to go and become World champions but you're staying at home to play a League Cup quarter final'.

I agree that it's potentially not going to be good for the young players development though, I said as much when the situation became clear. I thought there would have been another solution that didn't involve us playing two games in less than 24 hours