talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Liverpool Discussion

football forum

3 hours ago, Cicero said:

And? This has been happening for years. We lost Drogba, Essien, and Kalou all the time when they were vital for us. 

Just because it’s now happening to Liverpool doesn’t mean it deserves an outcry 

What outcry?

Weve been losing African players for a while also, it was just a flippant comment I made.

Jesus christ some proper wet wipes on here.

3 hours ago, Danny said:

Because their world doesn’t revolve around Europe...

No, but European clubs that pay the players wages should be taken into consideration surely? And as Gonzo said, most top African players ply their trade in Europe.

Edited by LFCMadLad
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

No, but European clubs that pay the players wages should be taken into consideration surely?

To be fair, they have which is why it was moved to the summer last time. Just not possible this time. I don't know why they need to have it every two years though

27 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

No, but European clubs that pay the players wages should be taken into consideration surely? And as Gonzo said, most top African players ply their trade in Europe.

You’re welcome to stop paying Mane and Salah their wages 😂 

They moved the tournament to the summer already, it can’t be done for this tournament so it’s been moved back for one. Simple. The clubs can wank themselves off furiously I doubt the continent of Africa cares

3 hours ago, Cicero said:

And? This has been happening for years. We lost Drogba, Essien, and Kalou all the time when they were vital for us. 

Just because it’s now happening to Liverpool doesn’t mean it deserves an outcry 

Who said it deserved an outcry? 

People, including myself, have always complained about it being mid season. When they switched it to the end of the season we all felt relief. Now it’s moving back we are obviously gonna be annoyed again. 

It’s not a new thing, but it doesn’t make it any less irritating. 

• Upvote 1

• Administrator

Palace probably actually suffer the most from it. Their players are more pivotal when you look at their importance to the club - Schlupp, Ayew, Kouyate, Zaha.

Liverpool could get by without Mane & Salah. Palace will really suffer without those players.

Palace & Villa (if they're still in the division) will both have 4 players missing. 

1 hour ago, Stan said:

Palace probably actually suffer the most from it. Their players are more pivotal when you look at their importance to the club - Schlupp, Ayew, Kouyate, Zaha.

Liverpool could get by without Mane & Salah. Palace will really suffer without those players.

Palace & Villa (if they're still in the division) will both have 4 players missing. 

Depends what you mean by 'get by'

9 minutes ago, Stan said:

As in still get results? What else would it mean xD 

There's a huge drop off from Salah and Mane to their replacements. Can get by if they're missing for one game maybe but over a number of weeks? I think you're underestimating just how good they are. It would be difficult to keep up the form of the last 18 months without two of the best players in world football

It also depends on how the fixtures fall too of course

Edited by LFCMike

• Administrator
5 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

There's a huge drop off from Salah and Mane to their replacements. Can get by if they're missing for one game maybe but over a number of weeks? I think you're underestimating just how good they are. It would be difficult to keep up the form of the last 18 months without two of the best players in world football

It also depends on how the fixtures fall too of course

I'm not underestimating how good they are. If anything I'm complimenting your squad depth which Klopp is able to get the best out of.

And also I was weighing it up against what Palace would miss - that was my initial point as they'd miss more important players considering they have more key players missing and also probably have less adequate replacements.

10 hours ago, Stan said:

I'm not underestimating how good they are. If anything I'm complimenting your squad depth which Klopp is able to get the best out of.

And also I was weighing it up against what Palace would miss - that was my initial point as they'd miss more important players considering they have more key players missing and also probably have less adequate replacements.

Fair enough. We'll have to see how Minamino develops over the next 12 months too. 

10 minutes ago, BartraPique1932 said:

This is currently trending on yt. Oh the memories...

What were you thinking at the time? 

Be honest. I'm going to browse the old forum and expose your lil bitch ass if you write bull.

I can’t remember much about those days other than hating the shit out of Brendan Rodgers

6 hours ago, BartraPique1932 said:

Be honest. I'm going to browse the old forum and expose your lil bitch ass if you write bull.

He was without doubt the best available at that point. I had very little faith at the time that the club would go out and get him though. 

3 hours ago, Harry said:

Let's not forget the December red card, where we conceded the moment he went off, and then the league goals conceded during his suspension.

Fair point. Remarkable that he's conceded just five league goals though. 

6 hours ago, BartraPique1932 said:

I was not in favour of cutting short Brendan Rodgers tenure at the time. It was media driven hype and I felt he was still capable of taking us forwards.

That said I loved Klopp from Dortmund and was happy to have him as our manager, so whilst I wasn't happy with the sacking my mood improved once it became clear Klopp was being brought i as his replacement.