talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Liverpool Discussion

football forum

• Administrator
7 hours ago, Rick said:

After what he did with Dortmund I think everybody was excited. 

Yeah I think it was quite obvious it was a perfect match and was inevitable Klopp would join Liverpool. 

1 hour ago, Harry said:

I was not in favour of cutting short Brendan Rodgers tenure at the time. It was media driven hype and I felt he was still capable of taking us forwards.

That said I loved Klopp from Dortmund and was happy to have him as our manager, so whilst I wasn't happy with the sacking my mood improved once it became clear Klopp was being brought i as his replacement.

Rodgers would have needed to have started the 15/16 season well to have had any hope of keeping his job. The end to the 14/15 season was terrible. Throw in the embarrassing FA Cup semi final defeat too. He could have had no complaints if he'd been sacked after the 6-1 at Stoke.

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, LFCMike said:

Rodgers would have needed to have started the 15/16 season well to have had any hope of keeping his job. The end to the 14/15 season was terrible. Throw in the embarrassing FA Cup semi final defeat too. He could have had no complaints if he'd been sacked after the 6-1 at Stoke.

Still drives me mental he was given time after that 6-1 loss to Stoke.

I am so glad we have Klopp now, those were some bad fucking days

• Subscriber
7 hours ago, LFCMike said:

Hard to believe its only been about 4 years since then. The change in the way we play and the amount of accolades we're amassing is such a stark contrast to what was happening back then.

Edited by Mel81x
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Still drives me mental he was given time after that 6-1 loss to Stoke.

I am so glad we have Klopp now, those were some bad fucking days

Yeah at the time it felt mad to keep him given the way we ended that season. It never felt like he would turn it around after the semi final defeat and the 6-1 seemed a massive case of him losing dressing room. Maybe the plan was to wait around for Klopp and if so, it's all worked out brilliantly. 

1 hour ago, LFCMike said:

Yeah at the time it felt mad to keep him given the way we ended that season. It never felt like he would turn it around after the semi final defeat and the 6-1 seemed a massive case of him losing dressing room. Maybe the plan was to wait around for Klopp and if so, it's all worked out brilliantly. 

Definitely seems like we kept him around only until we heard from Klopp that he was ready to end his sabbatical from football - so yeah, all for the best.

34 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

Rumours at the time were that Klopp was a massive fan of Firmino and that Firmino was signed by the owners ready for Klopp coming in. 

I remember there being talk of that. But then if that was the case, it seems strange they'd sanction a signing like Benteke. Having said that, Liverpool's approach pre-Klopp was very scattergun

11 hours ago, Mel81x said:

Keita is slowly turning into a liability more than an asset. I hope he can find a way around these injury problems so that he can get extended game time.

I don't think he was really helped by being overplayed by his national team in the summer while he was still recovering from injury. Saw a highlight real of him on the Liverpool subreddit which showed he was clearly injured and struggling on the pitch - and taking some pretty nasty challenges - but they'd keep playing him for long periods of those matches.

An actual summer off would be good for him and while we've had our midfield depth tested with injuries to him, Ox, Fabinho, and Milner this season - we've been getting players back so hopefully we'll be in a position where we can keep him out until he's fully fit. He's a good player when fit and in form.

Having said that, I think his inability to stay fit - coupled with AOC's own fitness issues makes it pretty understandable why the club is rumoured to be looking at bringing in a new central midfielder. Those two having constant injury woes + Lallana (a player who has also had a rough time with injury) likely leaving at the end of the season mean we should probably be looking at strengthening our depth in the position.

• Subscriber
24 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I don't think he was really helped by being overplayed by his national team in the summer while he was still recovering from injury. Saw a highlight real of him on the Liverpool subreddit which showed he was clearly injured and struggling on the pitch - and taking some pretty nasty challenges - but they'd keep playing him for long periods of those matches.

An actual summer off would be good for him and while we've had our midfield depth tested with injuries to him, Ox, Fabinho, and Milner this season - we've been getting players back so hopefully we'll be in a position where we can keep him out until he's fully fit. He's a good player when fit and in form.

Having said that, I think his inability to stay fit - coupled with AOC's own fitness issues makes it pretty understandable why the club is rumoured to be looking at bringing in a new central midfielder. Those two having constant injury woes + Lallana (a player who has also had a rough time with injury) likely leaving at the end of the season mean we should probably be looking at strengthening our depth in the position.

I agree that a summer off with time to recuperate would benefit a lot of players. Especially the midfield considering the energy that is required to operate to the manager's gameplan. Having said that you have to also ask the question about how these players are getting conditioned to weather  the situations that are thrown at them. Look at Rashford and the possible long-term damage its going to do to him and then you look at the fact that we've had players out for such long spells and then they get reintroduced only to get injuries again. Part of me wants to say that the players just want to play (I get that its why you're at the club) and some things a physio can never really tell like the amount of pain you're willing to play through. Having said all that I am glad Fabinho is back and I am sure the rest of the squad will be back soon enough to help out with what is possibly the hardest part of the season and getting over the finish line domestically while keep their eyes on the European games as well

I would like Keita to get to this Redbull form because if you see him playing there he's a totally different player to what we see him at Liverpool. It's also all the congestion and rotation that has forced the club to keep these players coming in and doing a job where necessary and its probably not helped that he has gotten time to play when realistically a deeper and fully fit squad could help with the ease back into his role.

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber
9 minutes ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

Chances of Mane playing on Wednesday? :(

5 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

Think they were waiting for results of a scan last I heard on Friday. I doubt he makes Wednesday

Quote.thumb.png.21d5be47952089a0ea7213fc66be1fcb.png

Naby Keita could be available for Sunday's FA Cup clash with Shrewsbury Town but Liverpool await further news on Sadio Mane's hamstring injury.

Dejan Lovren is in contention for the fourth-round tie at New Meadow, though James Milner and Xherdan Shaqiri are unlikely to be involved.

The manager was asked for an update on Mane, who was withdrawn after ‘feeling something’ in the first half of Thursday’s win at Wolverhampton Wanderers, at his pre-match press conference.

“No, I think he is in the scan at this moment,” replied Klopp. “They didn’t call me out of the scan, so, no. [Fingers crossed], yes.”

On other fitness concerns in his squad, the boss said: “Dejan trained completely normally, until the game it’s a week [back] so should be fine.

“For Shaq and Millie, I think it’s too early. Naby, we will have to see. My information is that he will be part of training today and then we have to see.

“It was not too long, but how he looks and so on. For the boys that didn’t play longer than a half yesterday, today will be a very, very important session and kind of an intense session.

“It’s minus two [days] to the game so there is always intensity. We will see if he can be part of that completely – then he would be an option. If not, then not.”

https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/first-team/384219-lfc-injury-update-mane-keita-lovren-milner-and-shaqiri

What do you guys make of this?

I follow this guy on Twitter for FPL purposes only as he seems to leak team line ups before the deadline.

Very peculiar he would come out with this but his track record of being right with line ups gives this a bit more credibility.

20200127_122705.thumb.jpg.24a7e3cd695544562a687cd623eaa0c1.jpg

20200127_122719.thumb.jpg.9b887d7d28fc2df345ae2ad88c4a6307.jpg

• Subscriber

If we get 200+ million for him sure go wherever you want. I think its silly to think he'd want to stay with the club for a long period and in would be even more sillier to think that other clubs wouldn't try and go for him. 

• Administrator
15 minutes ago, Mel81x said:

If we get 200+ million for him sure go wherever you want. I think its silly to think he'd want to stay with the club for a long period and in would be even more sillier to think that other clubs wouldn't try and go for him. 

£200m?! You're never getting that. 

10 minutes ago, Harry said:

I'd be gutted if that's true tbh. I want to see him Captain the club.

I'm just gonna hope he's using this as a motivation tactic to make sure the team keep delivering this season.

A team or players within should not rely on another player's wishes to leave as a motivation to keep delivering. The motivation should be there as it is, and it clearly already is considering the season you're having right now...