talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Liverpool Discussion

football forum

• Subscriber
8 minutes ago, Stan said:

Maybe one of your front-line is going to leave.

I can't see Man City selling him tbh.

Out of the two I think it might actually be Salah who goes if I am being honest. But, like you said, I don't see City letting him go while Pep is still there because Pep rates him very very highly.

• Subscriber

Our son being a Liverpool man is bored to shite like us all with no football so on his Face book page he put what he thinks is his best Liverpool side...

"To my football fan friends, what's your favourite 11 from the team you support? In your lifetime!! So many to choose from but this is my 11, not necessarily the best but my favourites -"

Team - Liverpool
GK - Reina
RB - Steve Nicol
CB - Sami Hypia
CB - Alan Hansen
LB - Riise

CM - Souness
CM - Gerrard
CM - Alonso
LW - Dalglish
CF - Rush
RW - Mcmanaman
4-3-3
Subs

James
Glen Johnson
Skertle
Agger
Wark
Barnes
Berger
Fowler
Torres

All I replied was " Son, Ray Clemence shits all over Reina and you have to remember that Clemence played at the same time as Peter Shilton and they both had to take turn eaches wearing the England gk shirt, pus I would have Grobbelaar as a sub than James, then you are forgetting about the hard man at the time in Tommy Smith, stick him at the back". 

Just fun and games really but this no football bit is beginning to get at us all.  xD

8 hours ago, Mel81x said:

I think the club getting the taxpayer to pay for 80% of furloughed staff is an absolute disgrace. It's nice the club will pay the remaining 20%, unlike Levy with Spurs, but it's antithetical to the ethos of our club to have the taxpayer paying when we've got more money than most clubs and most clubs have shitloads of cash.

• Subscriber
18 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I think the club getting the taxpayer to pay for 80% of furloughed staff is an absolute disgrace. It's nice the club will pay the remaining 20%, unlike Levy with Spurs, but it's antithetical to the ethos of our club to have the taxpayer paying when we've got more money than most clubs and most clubs have shitloads of cash.

Agreed and I think the club will have to make a statement on whats going on here when this starts to escalate more than it does. I don't think its fair to the money being routed to a place it shouldn't be honestly.

On 05/04/2020 at 21:49, CaaC (John) said:

Our son being a Liverpool man is bored to shite like us all with no football so on his Face book page he put what he thinks is his best Liverpool side...

"To my football fan friends, what's your favourite 11 from the team you support? In your lifetime!! So many to choose from but this is my 11, not necessarily the best but my favourites -"

Team - Liverpool
GK - Reina
RB - Steve Nicol
CB - Sami Hypia
CB - Alan Hansen
LB - Riise

CM - Souness
CM - Gerrard
CM - Alonso
LW - Dalglish
CF - Rush
RW - Mcmanaman
4-3-3
Subs

James
Glen Johnson
Skertle
Agger
Wark
Barnes
Berger
Fowler
Torres

All I replied was " Son, Ray Clemence shits all over Reina and you have to remember that Clemence played at the same time as Peter Shilton and they both had to take turn eaches wearing the England gk shirt, pus I would have Grobbelaar as a sub than James, then you are forgetting about the hard man at the time in Tommy Smith, stick him at the back". 

Just fun and games really but this no football bit is beginning to get at us all.  xD

I never watched Clemence play live, but having read about him he is rightfully a great. But Reina wasn't half bad. Won golden glove three times in a row. We celebrate Alisson and Ederson for being good passers, but Reina was great with his feet before it became cool to be ball playing goalkeepers.

And on top of that he was good guy. I don't remember anybody saying anything bad against him (except maybe the Gooners because he put a Barca shirt on Cesc for banter:D). 

He is my all time favourite Liverpool goalie too.

• Upvote 1

Reina's easily the best keeper we've had in my lifetime, so I understand why @CaaC (John)'s son put him in. Clemence is before our time. I only caught the tail end of Grobelaar's career. Same with Rush, which is why I've got more fond memories of Robbie Fowler and Gerrard than players like Rush and Barnes, who are some of Liverpool's all time greats (although I think Stevie is too). I'd probably put Grobelaar in over James though tbh.

Some good shouts in there though. Hyypia's the best defender I've seen with us (until VVD, but let's see Virgil do it for as long as Big Sami did for us before I say he's better) - sorry Carra.

If I were to do one from my lifetime, I'd probably make it.

Reina

Alexander-Arnold Hyypia Van Dijk Robertson

Mascherano

Alonso Gerrard

Mane               Suarez           Salah

And if I had to leave players we've currently got in the side out, I'd just make a few tweaks...

Reina

Finnan Hyypia Carragher Aurelio

Mascherano

Alonso Gerrard

McMannaman        Torres                Suarez 

Notable absentees that deserve mentions: Fowler, Agger, Skrtel, Kuyt, Riise, Johnson, Sissoko, Gary Mac, Didi Hamman, Luis Garcia, fuckin' Heskey (especially that one season), Berger. 

I know you lads probably never seen Barnes play, but he would walk into any of the sides posted on here. Absolute quality. Beardsley probably would too. Hansen would also get in miles ahead of Hyypia, and I love Hyypia. 

When Dalglish first took over as player manager he signed Barnes, Beardsley and Aldridge in the same summer. Absolutely inspired signings.

Steve Mcmahon and Ray Houghton were also brilliant. 

Edited by LFCMadLad

10 hours ago, LFCMadLad said:

I know you lads probably never seen Barnes play, but he would walk into any of the sides posted on here. Absolute quality. Beardsley probably would too. Hansen would also get in miles ahead of Hyypia, and I love Hyypia. 

When Dalglish first took over as player manager he signed Barnes, Beardsley and Aldridge in the same summer. Absolutely inspired signings.

Steve Mcmahon and Ray Houghton were also brilliant. 

Yeah, I get that there's better players that probably should be in my XI... but ya know how it goes - I can only really judge things based off what I've seen with my own eyes. And unfortunately, we had much better teams before I was alive compared to after I was alive. Hansen's considered by many to be our best ever centreback by a long, long, long distance - so I'm sure had I seen him, I'd have him in my XI.

We can all probably do a "best ever" Liverpool XI that'll have a shitload of the same players - those "legends" that are obviously great because those names come up in so many XIs that were pivotal moments in the club's history and they've etched themselves forever in history as some of the most successful players to play in England while with us. Unfortunately for me, I missed most of that and I think the first year I remember of football is 1993, Fowler's debut season. I think I'd been forced to watch it with my dad probably since I was just an alien-looking-like newborn and I was too young to ever really watch it click, but watching this kid explode onto the scene and just score on everyone was what made it all click with me.

So ya know, that's gonna be my first like "starting point" for the Liverpool players/sides I judge.

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Administrator
28 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Trent’s beaten the snake in that FIFA tournament for charity. Sterling absolutely lost it at the end, hilarious.

Trent lost in the final and was fuming.

Mardy arse xD 

Jota seems to be world class level on FIFA though. Takes part in (and wins) loads of tournaments for Wolves.