talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Liverpool Discussion

football forum

17 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

What's going on here then @LFCMadLad??? 

Thought Klopp said they can't be spending money like Chelsea do?? then go and throw 60+ Mill on  2 new players?? 

Just how long is that 'Coutinho' elastic band of yours??? seems kinda stretchy to me.. 

Let's not even compare the two:coffee:

9 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

No let's.... B|

Very different in the way the deals have been done in comparison to what Liverpool would have had to do to get Werner for example. Liverpool were never paying the amount up front that Leipzig will have wanted for Werner and Chelsea ended up paying. Klopp always said that the club could sign if the right player was available and the right deal could be done. A small initial outlay in the first 12 months for both Thiago and Jota obviously fit the bill. 

3 hours ago, Bluewolf said:

No let's.... B|

Lol, you’re comparing paying the Werner fee up 100% up front, with his very high wages (when he wouldn’t be a starter for us), to us paying less than £10m up front (offset by the fee for Hoever as well).

If we had the same financial power as a sportswashing nation or money laundering for the Russian oligarchy, we’d probably have your expensive star new striker sat on our bench right now.

You should be happy we had to go with Diego Jota because we can’t spend that much up front this year tbh

2 hours ago, LFCMike said:

Very different in the way the deals have been done in comparison to what Liverpool would have had to do to get Werner for example. Liverpool were never paying the amount up front that Leipzig will have wanted for Werner and Chelsea ended up paying. Klopp always said that the club could sign if the right player was available and the right deal could be done. A small initial outlay in the first 12 months for both Thiago and Jota obviously fit the bill. 

Just now, Dr. Gonzo said:

Lol, you’re comparing paying the Werner fee up 100% up front, with his very high wages (when he wouldn’t be a starter for us), to us paying less than £10m up front (offset by the fee for Hoever as well).

If we had the same financial power as a sportswashing nation or money laundering for the Russian oligarchy, we’d probably have your expensive star new striker sat on our bench right now.

You should be happy we had to go with Diego Jota because we can’t spend that much up front this year tbh

I can't believe you two are even having a nibble on this... 

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, The Artful Dodger said:

You’ve not mentioned that for shankly and paisley many of those games were 2 points for a win. 

Klopp will go down as great but he will sit alongside those two, not above 

It's been adjusted to three points for a win for them. There is an argument that teams were more happy to settle for a draw back then though

• Subscriber
35 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

Neco Williams blacked out his Twitter because of some fans abusing him after last night. After playing in a game Liverpool won 7-2. Honestly what is wrong with some people

Twitter is a toxic hell-hole. I sometimes wonder why professional players even bother going on there. I'd imagine hes moved on but its stupid that people think a keyboard entitles them to being abusive.

• Upvote 2

Be interesting to see the impact of yesterday on Liverpool. Psychologically conceding 7 goals has to knock confidence. Champions have of course been spanked before, I remember Manchester United getting a couple of 5-0 pastings and still winning the league but will this prove a bigger hurdle? I imagine Klopp is probably the best manager to overcome it, he'll point to the abundance of goals everywhere, several deflections etc but it'll take some good management to coax the confidence back into Liverpool's defence, especially with an error prone goalkeeper behind them.

• Administrator
6 minutes ago, Mel81x said:

Klopp gets time to think while everyone is away and come up with a game-plan involving all the returning players. The only X-factor now is will everyone come back fit from international duty.

Apart from Alisson.

And there's no guarantee Mane & Thiago will be rid of COVID by the time 17th Oct comes around?

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, Stan said:

Apart from Alisson.

And there's no guarantee Mane & Thiago will be rid of COVID by the time 17th Oct comes around?

I think Mane is an iffy situation but Thiago is assured. As for the rest of them, there's zero guarantee they don't get the virus on international travel with country or that they don't get injured in a game/training. If we lose another one of our first XI players its going to be a very interesting next few weeks.

Edited by Mel81x

1 hour ago, LFCMike said:

Shouldn't have loaned out Karius. He's definitely better than Adrian and playing behind closed doors would have been a good time to get him back in the side

Yeah it pissed me off that one. No logic in keeping the older, poorer keeper. There’s nothing Adrian is going to learn now, he’s set. Karius could have improved next to Allison and as you say, playing behind closed doors to build his confidence. Proper knackered ourselves. 

I don’t expect anything to happen today, but a GK & CB in would be ideal. 

Edited by Rick