talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Liverpool Discussion

football forum

1 hour ago, Stan said:

Shaqiri has now tested negative. Going to Spain to re-join Swiss squad. 

1 hour ago, Rick said:

That’s very bizarre 

Apparently he (and possibly Origi) were the two LFC staff that tested positive during pre-season, but the club was allowed to keep their identities quiet for some reason. But the Swiss national team said the test picked up evidence of the virus from the first time he had it and he's (apparently) not contagious. Also he did test negative - but they're saying it's possible he might test positive again in the future.

I'm not really sure how that works out. But I, obviously, don't know enough about how testing for COVID works or any of the science behind it. My gut reaction is "sounds like the test is a bit shite" but I don't know enough about testing a new disease for that to necessarily be true.

• Administrator
10 minutes ago, Rick said:

So, apparently Grujic has taken the piss out of Adrian on Instagram. Saying something about ‘killing his LFC career’. 
It it’s true then flog the twat to Mansfield Town. 

Grujic isn't wrong to be fair xD 

It's vastly unprofessional at the same time.

50 minutes ago, Rick said:

So, apparently Grujic has taken the piss out of Adrian on Instagram. Saying something about ‘killing his LFC career’. 
It it’s true then flog the twat to Mansfield Town. 

I think Grujic's just a bit bitter because his dad was pretty right about how his LFC career would go and how his career with us has been dead for a few years, tbh. I don't think he's got much left on his contract and tbh he should be thankful we got him a last minute loan as he was looking at at least half a season of playing with the reserves for us (because no more spots for non-homegrown players).

In any case, Adrian's Liverpool career is still very much alive for the next 5 weeks or so as he'll be starting for us.

• Subscriber

Its good he went out on loan and the club got him some game time but its kind of shit to talk about your team-mate that way and in the end I'd prefer he never plays for the first team ever again (Grujic). It's one thing to be upset/embarrassed about a loss but no matter how upset you are you never take it out on a team-mate in public.  

• Subscriber
27 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

I think everyone was just trying to be optimistic but in the end that kind of pressure on his knee and the way it buckled was never going to be good news. Defense has to step up now. When is Alisson back again? Two weeks from now I think.

1 minute ago, Mel81x said:

I think everyone was just trying to be optimistic but in the end that kind of pressure on his knee and the way it buckled was never going to be good news. Defense has to step up now. When is Alisson back again? Two weeks from now I think.

From what Klopp was saying in his press conference on Friday Alisson may not be far away, I think they said originally 4-6 weeks which would probably be after the next internationals? Hopefully he can make the Man City game before that though. The thought of going into that game without both of them:|

• Administrator

Now would be a great time to pick off points from Liverpool. Matip and Gomez as a centre-back partnership doesn't scream confidence in front of Adrian.

Sheff Utd, West Ham, Man City, Leicester the next 4 league games up to 21st Nov. Not to mention the European games in between some of those. 

• Subscriber
22 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

From what Klopp was saying in his press conference on Friday Alisson may not be far away, I think they said originally 4-6 weeks which would probably be after the next internationals? Hopefully he can make the Man City game before that though. The thought of going into that game without both of them:|

I can see Ali coming back for the City game and although Sheff Utd shouldn't be what game this season has been easy? Strange times but its time for the rest of the team to step up and do the work we know they can do. I still think we're fine, stupid that we have to lose both of our most important defensive players but we can still do well.

Edited by Mel81x

Saw on Twitter an analyst mentioning that Liverpool should bring Pepe, from Porto, in January. It doesn't need necessarily to be Pepe, but I think that bringing a cheap veteran CB in January as a stop-gap to the decisive moments of the season makes a lot of sense for Liverpool. 

2 minutes ago, Mel81x said:

The other thing to worry about is Thiago. Apparently he walked off injured and he might be out too now.

Yep. I don't mind Fabinho being the CB cover but if Thiago is out too we'd lose a lot of creativity in midfield if Fabinho was forced into CB at some point. Hopefully Thiago isn't out too long

• Subscriber
3 minutes ago, El Profesor said:

Saw on Twitter an analyst mentioning that Liverpool should bring Pepe, from Porto, in January. It doesn't need necessarily to be Pepe, but I think that bringing a cheap veteran CB in January as a stop-gap to the decisive moments of the season makes a lot of sense for Liverpool. 

I can see some sense in that but January is a long ways off and there are a lot of games which will come before then. The problem with bringing someone in, even an experienced CB, is that they will need to be integrated and that takes a bit of time. Add to the fact that our defensive line seems to have players who rotate in and out with injuries so its not an assured solution because the two CBs could potentially be swapping around even if you get one who is more experienced. Mind you, I wouldn't mind Pepe at Liverpool. Bit of nastiness and a drive is never a bad thing. 

• Upvote 1

I’d buy someone expensive in January now, just in case Virgil’s never the same. Best case scenario, we end up with a very ridiculously nice CB pairing when he’s back. But I think it’s wise to plan for the worst with a bad knee injury. Don’t want to be relying on him but he’s always injured like Sturridge was.

But hopefully they big man makes a full recovery and comes back strong.

• Upvote 1