talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Liverpool Discussion

football forum

I don’t get what’s wrong with that comment...

If we win the league this season, with our first choice centre back partnership out for the majority and having to rely on an injury prone player and kids for a large part of it then I’d say it would cement Klopp as the best manager in world football HANDS DOWN. 

• Subscriber

I honestly can't understand the stance that Liverpool are out of contention or even underdogs for the title even without Van Dijk and Gomez. If this was two years ago when City were actually good then I'd understand but there's absolutely no stand out team in the rest of the league. I still make them favourites, very comfortably. 

1 hour ago, RandoEFC said:

I honestly can't understand the stance that Liverpool are out of contention or even underdogs for the title even without Van Dijk and Gomez. If this was two years ago when City were actually good then I'd understand but there's absolutely no stand out team in the rest of the league. I still make them favourites, very comfortably. 

I agree. I'd be having massive doubts if Alisson was out long term and we had to rely on Adrian but even if you're having Fabinho and Matip playing when they're fit, that's still better than most in the league. If it's one of them alongside Phillips or Williams it's still not awful. It just means that games will probably be a bit more hectic and we see a Liverpool more like the 2017/18 version compared to what we've been used to over the last couple of seasons. 

So out at the moment is VVD, Gomez, Trent, Robertson, Fabinho, Thiago. Just come back is Allison, Keita, Matip.. 

Its getting beyond a joke now. And people still think we should piss the league. 

@RandoEFC said above that he could understand all the fuss if 'City were still good' ... erm hang on.. are City now suddenly shite all of a sudden? 

• Administrator
3 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

So are City shite now then? Is the only reason we won the league because 2 years ago City became shite?

City aren't as good as they were after losing Kompany and Silva. Just not the same beast as they once were.

As for the 2nd question, I think we all know and you know that no-one is saying that. 

• Administrator
20 minutes ago, Mel81x said:

Am I hearing this right Bobby and Ali have both tested positive for COVID-19 and are going to have to self-isolate thus missing our next match?

Don't think anything has been confirmed - the only thing so far is that Gabriel Menino tested positive in the Brazil side. Firmino and Alisson (and several other PL players) were also in the training sessions but nothing come out yet about those other players...

30 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

So out at the moment is VVD, Gomez, Trent, Robertson, Fabinho, Thiago. Just come back is Allison, Keita, Matip.. 

Its getting beyond a joke now. And people still think we should piss the league. 

@RandoEFC said above that he could understand all the fuss if 'City were still good' ... erm hang on.. are City now suddenly shite all of a sudden? 

Of course they're not shite. I think everyone would be surprised to see them getting anywhere close to the points totals they hit in 2018 and 2019 though

• Subscriber
46 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

So are City shite now then? Is the only reason we won the league because 2 years ago City became shite?

No but as others have said they're nowhere near as consistent as they were two years ago. They've already dropped points in 3-4 games this season. I'd have to check to be sure but they're probably not far off having dropped as many points this season as they did in their two title-winning seasons under Pep.

• Administrator
26 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

Ok so now it can be considered a crisis. 

Surely we can't be expected to play with more than half our first 11 unable to take part?

I know it won't happen but fuck me, this is beyond a joke now.

Are you taking the piss xDxDxD 

• Administrator
Just now, LFCMadLad said:

Of course, but it does look like you lot will be playing a very very very very weakened Liverpool team. I hope for Leicester's sake you are able to beat us. Embarrassing otherwise mate.

Just like to remind you (and others) we're also nowhere near full strength!

Don't think it'll be embarrassing but the expectations have risen for us to get a result now. 

41 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

Surely we can't be expected to play with more than half our first 11 unable to take part?

Hamilton Academical, year after year, field players under 18 because they don't have the finances to afford a full squad.

I'm sure you'll manage.

• Upvote 3

• Administrator
6 minutes ago, Rick said:

I hope Liverpool don’t let any of our players go out on international duty for the rest of this season. It’s beyond a joke, and the club should be priority. 

Word is he caught it at his brother's wedding so maybe internationals can't be blamed for this particular case... 

(I agree 3-game internationals are fecking stupid though, 100% behind scrapping those for sure).