talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Liverpool Discussion

football forum

• Administrator
Just now, The Artful Dodger said:

Are people still going to say Leicester aren’t huge favourites? It should be a walk in the park.

I think walk in the park is a big stretch.

But myself (and Dan) are naturally pessimistic with our own club I won't lie.

• Administrator
Just now, Dr. Gonzo said:

If we really are going to have our whole backline and keeper out, it really should be a walk in the park tbh

You don't think you'll finish top 4 so you don't count :D 

Matip and Robertson surely aren't out though? 

2 minutes ago, Stan said:

You don't think you'll finish top 4 so you don't count :D 

Matip and Robertson surely aren't out though? 

I said I think we’ll finish top 4, but I don’t know if we can contend for the title? Not really the same thing those 2 achievements.

Robertson picked up a hamstring injury with Scotland. Not sure if he’ll be able to play. Matip might hurt himself brushing his teeth or something, the injury prone fucker.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I said I think we’ll finish top 4, but I don’t know if we can contend for the title? Not really the same thing those 2 achievements.

Robertson picked up a hamstring injury with Scotland. Not sure if he’ll be able to play. Matip might hurt himself brushing his teeth or something, the injury prone fucker.

Matip xD

Sorry I thought you said you'd struggle to get Top 4. Ignore!

4 hours ago, Cicero said:

So that’s potentially Allison, TAA, Gomez, VVD, Robertson, Henderson, Firmino & Salah out for Leicester? 

What the fuck? 

Thiago as well, and Ox who seems to have died without anyone knowing. Keita also hasn't played for us in about a month.

I think we will finish top four but any other club with any ambitions of winning the league should be licking their lips now. 

Edited by LFCMadLad
  • Haha 1

I think we all need to keep in mind that most of these are short term injuries. Between 2-4 weeks really. VVD & Gomez the only two long term. It’s not dire straits for the full season, even if it does seem to have came all at once. 

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber
12 hours ago, Rick said:

I think we all need to keep in mind that most of these are short term injuries. Between 2-4 weeks really. VVD & Gomez the only two long term. It’s not dire straits for the full season, even if it does seem to have came all at once. 

Finally some sense.

If Liverpool don’t win the league I’ll be absolutely shocked 

1 hour ago, Storts said:

Finally some sense.

If Liverpool don’t win the league I’ll be absolutely shocked 

What do you mean finally? I was arguing with people about five pages back who were saying they'd be surprised if Liverpool were contenders this season or that winning the league 'looked increasingly unlikely'xD

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber
9 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

What do you mean finally? I was arguing with people about five pages back who were saying they'd be surprised if Liverpool were contenders this season or that winning the league 'looked increasingly unlikely'xD

Ha sorry Mike, hadn't read that far back - just the last page or two. 

• Haha 1

• Subscriber
27 minutes ago, Stan said:

It's quite a normal thing for clubs to get compensated if a player is injured on international duty. 

Never really looked up what happens post injuries or the monetary compensations of it either. Learn something new everyday. 

• Subscriber
4 hours ago, Mel81x said:

Never really looked up what happens post injuries or the monetary compensations of it either. Learn something new everyday. 

I think you’ll be surprised just how much compensation has been dished out over the years to clubs whose players have been injured on International duty. It will be a LOT.

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, LFCMike said:

Jesus, who next, one of the greats in goalkeepers for me and I can remember the England squad with another great in Peter Shilton in goal, they both would have turn eaches between the sticks in International matches as you could not pick who was the best at that time as they BOTH were greats in goal for club and country.

R.I.P. Ray, my thoughts go out to all the loved ones you left behind.

The legendary goalkeeper, capped by England on 61 occasions, also worked on the north London club's coaching staff and was inducted into the Tottenham Hotspur Hall of Fame in November 2014.

Clemence made his England debut in 1972 and spent the majority of his 11-year international career in a battle with Peter Shilton for the number-one shirt.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/54953093

Edited by CaaC (John)