talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Liverpool Discussion

football forum

3 hours ago, Rick said:

I think we need to pack it in with “if Leicester don’t do x then they are x” they are missing some big players themselves, including their keeper who will likely be out due to getting KO’d last night. We still have  plenty of firepower in this team. Salah is a massive miss for us, but Jota has been excellent and Shaqiri has been fantastic when brought in so he will likely get minutes. Then we have Thiago and Fabinho coming back which is a boost. Henderson and Robertson have nearly a full week to prepare and be treated for these muscle tightenings. 

I think that any side that can’t beat us right now is shit :ph34r:

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Tbf I’d love it if our English players never ever played for England again

Few of my good friends are Liverpool fans and a couple of them say the same.

I don’t get it, I love England and want the best players playing for them/us. I suppose I don’t understand as my club isn’t the biggest English club side of all time. But I’d like to think I’d still feel the same way. 

• Administrator
8 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

That’s just both starting CBS (and one is arguably our best player), probably our most creative player, and also our best attacker!

Why the fuck would there be less panic?

Because there are less players actually confirmed out? It could have been those 4 + Alisson, Firmino, Henderson, Wijnaldum, Robertson, Fabinho, Thiago.

As it stands, it's just those 4. 

Alisson & Firmino clearly fine after their team-mate tested positive.
Henderson - still TBC but no reports of it being serious, he was only taken off as precaution.
Wijnaldum - picked up a knock but played in Netherlands' next game.
Robertson - is this confirmed he's out? Not seen anything.
Fabinho & Thiago - both reportedly will be fine.

So yeah - huge panic in the start as you could have had a remarkably depleted & different side in place.

Now it's less panic (or should be?) because it's only 4 players. Not downplaying the standard of those 4, but my point is it could have been so much worse... 

1 minute ago, JOSHBRFC said:

Few of my good friends are Liverpool fans and a couple of them say the same.

I don’t get it, I love England and want the best players playing for them/us. I suppose I don’t understand as my club isn’t the biggest English club side of all time. But I’d like to think I’d still feel the same way. 

Quite a few reasons tbh. One is Southgate completely ignores Klopp’s requests to have our players on a different training program to the other England players when there isn’t an international tournament. Then Gomez and Henderson get injured constantly (Gomez’s injuries picked up away at England have meant he’s missed over 100 matches for us).

Secondly, I hate so much of what goes along with the England side. The media going completely insane with everything, so many England fans are twats, and having to want players that play for Manchester United and Everton to do well.

Third, other than that one World Cup... watching England has usually been an exercise in how some of the best players in England can manage to look like they’d struggle to beat a bottom half premier league side playing some of the most rubbish football.

I suppose it’s fine, because most international sides are much shitter than a bottom half premier league side. But it always does feel disappointing... other than that recent World Cup when I had exactly 0 hope for them doing well and they made the semi finals.

And it’s not the England team’s fault, but part of the reason is I just think there is too much international football currently and it’s just an impediment to club football.

I fully admit I’m a hypocrite and when England are in the World Cup or Euro... I’m a fan. But I can’t stand this Nations League bollocks so I’m well against it and the stupid number of internationals had already in this condensed season.

10 minutes ago, Stan said:

Because there are less players actually confirmed out? It could have been those 4 + Alisson, Firmino, Henderson, Wijnaldum, Robertson, Fabinho, Thiago.

As it stands, it's just those 4. 

Alisson & Firmino clearly fine after their team-mate tested positive.
Henderson - still TBC but no reports of it being serious, he was only taken off as precaution.
Wijnaldum - picked up a knock but played in Netherlands' next game.
Robertson - is this confirmed he's out? Not seen anything.
Fabinho & Thiago - both reportedly will be fine.

So yeah - huge panic in the start as you could have had a remarkably depleted & different side in place.

Now it's less panic (or should be?) because it's only 4 players. Not downplaying the standard of those 4, but my point is it could have been so much worse... 

It’s more like thinking you’ve got AIDS but it turns out you’ve ONLY got herpes.

It’s not as bad, it’s still fucking shit.

• Administrator
5 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

It’s more like thinking you’ve got AIDS but it turns out you’ve ONLY got herpes.

It’s not as bad, it’s still fucking shit.

See, not so bad is it?!

(go see a doctor mate). 

Wasn't there some bullocks on the internet about a year ago that Liverpool under Klopp were doping? Some sort of pre game or after game caffeine based cocktail that allowed them to play their energetic high press, game after game without getting injured.  It was also claimed that this season was going to be an off year since you could only keep players on this for a set number of years and Liverpool had reached the time limit.

Obviously a load of crap, but they have had more than their share of injuries.  Plus what was that about Klopp wanting Liverpool players on a different training schedule?   Didn't want their secret regimen discovered maybe?

Ps.  Just to reiterate before any Liverpool fan gets upset,  I don't believe any of it, but it is kind of ironic.

13 minutes ago, Redcanuck said:

Wasn't there some bullocks on the internet about a year ago that Liverpool under Klopp were doping? Some sort of pre game or after game caffeine based cocktail that allowed them to play their energetic high press, game after game without getting injured.  It was also claimed that this season was going to be an off year since you could only keep players on this for a set number of years and Liverpool had reached the time limit.

Obviously a load of crap, but they have had more than their share of injuries.  Plus what was that about Klopp wanting Liverpool players on a different training schedule?   Didn't want their secret regimen discovered maybe?

Ps.  Just to reiterate before any Liverpool fan gets upset,  I don't believe any of it, but it is kind of ironic.

There were allegations however the recovery drink they use has been used by other athletes in other sports. There were no banned substances in the drink. 

Just a mixture of a healthy diet and recovery. If you watch Liverpool's YouTube page, you can see their pre-season training. Klopp and his staff really emphasis fitness and endurance. 

21 minutes ago, Redcanuck said:

Sounds like something you'd read on Bluemoon or Grand Old TeamxD

• Upvote 1

If Liverpool and nearly every high performing team aren't doping then I'm Duchess Fergie, the only time the news ever comes out is when it's a player doing it on their own volition a la Samir Nasri.

Edited by Spike

14 hours ago, Spike said:

If Liverpool and nearly every high performing team aren't doping then I'm Duchess Fergie, the only time the news ever comes out is when it's a player doing it on their own volition a la Samir Nasri.

Why do you think that, do you not think they'd be pretty easily caught? The amount of people who would have to be involved is incredible. 

As barmy as the anti-vaxxers.

39 minutes ago, The Artful Dodger said:

Why do you think that, do you not think they'd be pretty easily caught? The amount of people who would have to be involved is incredible. 

As barmy as the anti-vaxxers.

Just pessimism, really. I’m well aware it is a tall order but just can’t shake that feeling that it is commonplace.

• Subscriber

What do you Liverpool fans think of Harvey Elliot?

I’ve been very impressed with him so far in the few games he’s had with us, I’d take him right now on a permanent deal if it was an option. 

Edited by JOSHBRFC
  • Upvote 2

27 minutes ago, JOSHBRFC said:

I’ve been very impressed with him so far in the few games he’s had with us, I’d take him right now on a permanent deal if it was an option. 

Absolutely love him, one of my favourite to watch because he's so exciting and unpredictable. Very switched on as well. He's shown flashes for us in the past, particularly in that Villa game, but the challenge for him this season is to prove he can turn inventiveness into effectiveness and put up numbers. I've not had a chance to watch Blackburn this season, but it sounds like he's on his way to doing that

On 16/11/2020 at 18:44, Cicero said:

There were allegations however the recovery drink they use has been used by other athletes in other sports. There were no banned substances in the drink. 

Just a mixture of a healthy diet and recovery. If you watch Liverpool's YouTube page, you can see their pre-season training. Klopp and his staff really emphasis fitness and endurance. 

There's also the fact we finished about 12th in distance covered last season. We press like mad for short periods, but it's opportunistic and the majority of our game is based on control and keeping our opponents at arm's length. Really lazy analysis to say we win because we run a lot

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, JOSHBRFC said:

Hes going to be a player all right. I'd be amazed if we let him go on a permanent deal aged just 17. 

Massive Liverpool fan as well and he also gives Real Madrids Ramos loads of shit on social media, so we should keep him just for that reason alone.