talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Liverpool Discussion

football forum

1 hour ago, Rick said:

I asked more than one question. 

Ok regarding the other questions..

No I don't think we will suddenly come out of this slump, we look flat, exhausted and out of ideas.

After the next seven games I think we will be below 4th and will have a proper battle on our hands to get back in it. 

This season could turn out to be a memorable comeback to regain the league or an absolute disaster, is my opinion. 

Quite shocking that Liverpool have hit such a slump, What's that now 3 points out of 15 in the last 5 games?? 

Klopp is the new Lampard... Strange season for sure, City are probably going to build up some momentum and go on to win it this season.. Always tough to try and get back to backs.. 

3 hours ago, Rick said:

Since there was little input outside of me and @Dr. Gonzo in the Burnley match day thread, what are the thoughts from my fellow reds? 

Do we expect to see this bad run end anytime soon? How do you think we will fair in these next 7 games? Do any of you think we may need to dip into the market now? 

My responses are: 1) no, 2) badly, 3) yeah but we won’t.

This season’s a write off imo, I now just want to see our players Pickford players on other clubs I don’t like and maybe do it to some referees too.

3 hours ago, Rick said:

Since there was little input outside of me and @Dr. Gonzo in the Burnley match day thread, what are the thoughts from my fellow reds? 

Do we expect to see this bad run end anytime soon? How do you think we will fair in these next 7 games? Do any of you think we may need to dip into the market now? 

Who knows this season? There's a whole load of contributing factors to our poor form at the moment and it doesn't feel like it at the moment but would anyone really be surprised if this manager and players turn it around? Other sides have had similar runs then put a winning run together this season. I said it would be a season defining period before the Man Utd game and I'm willing to wait further into this run before I start writing the season off. Some of the games coming up will be very different to what we've faced recently and are games that Liverpool have thrived in this season. Yes we need a CB. Whether anyone good enough is available that enables you move Fabinho back into midfield I dunno.

• Subscriber
3 hours ago, Rick said:

Sorry meant to post in there but here is good as well. 

I do expect this season to turn around soon. Keep in mind that we weren't all that stellar when the season started so I fully expect this to get over soon and things to start looking a bit better. Will that happen with this run of fixtures? It may because everyone is going to be busy during this period and the chances for trip-ups across the league is a lot higher. 

I dont know if the club will dip into the transfer market. If we say yes then who are we realistically bringing in? I think that's been beaten to death on here. 

• Subscriber

After watching the match last night I think we are actually getting better but the real issues do exist at the back because towards the end of the game it really could have all gotten worse if Cavani finds a way to score. I think getting players back like Jota are just as crucial as fixing our defensive issues now because teams have become wise to the way we play and having someone who will run at defenses and link play is very important. Not sure what we will see in the Spurs game but I do hope Matip or Hendo are back for that one, the obvious preference being Matip.

Edited by Mel81x

Can't see Klopp being sacked in any circumstances after what he's done for the club. Worst would be some sort of mutual agreement if they finished 13th next season and the one after. 

No need for overreaction, this is an extremely odd season unlike no other. Even if this season does finish badly, I wouldn't read too much into it. 

Edited by The Artful Dodger
  • Upvote 2

• Subscriber
11 hours ago, Happy Blue said:

Liverpool finish outside the top 4, does Klopp keep his job? 

Yeah I think he does. Its not like we're languishing in the bottom half of the table nor has it been an easy season either so I cant see the board giving him the axe.

• Upvote 1