• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Liverpool Discussion

football forum

Just now, Scouse_Mouse said:

You know what they say about a fool and his money?:whistling:

Now I didn't say I was backing it...... 

Just mearly wishful thinking. 

The truth this story is lowsy given he's just lost his mother and can't attend her funural.

I mean, that football is a non emotional sport. Owners do not usually do sentiment. 

If they do not finish in the top 4 and start next season badly, the question will be raised.

This is obviously dependent on that actually happening. They're more than a good enough team to get it together and go on a run.

• Subscriber
11 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

Where does Salah finish on this list if he's here for say, two more seasons after this one? If he doesn't move ahead of Gerrard then he's very close I think. He's incredible

I think he'll cross Gerrard easily if he stays on track doing what he does for two more seasons. To get to Liddell would be amazing but its also a bit hard in these times, the rest from 3 up means he'd have to retire at the club and stay consistent. 

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber

Reading that Jota, Fab and Naby will all be back for the return-leg against RBL next month? That's great news. Can't wait to see Jota back in this side and offering some much needed urgency in the midfield/attacking half. Also, this means Hendo could potentially move back into midfield as well.

Edited by Mel81x

41 minutes ago, Mel81x said:

Reading that Jota, Fab and Naby will all be back for the return-leg against RBL next month? That's great news. Can't wait to see Jota back in this side and offering some much needed urgency in the midfield/attacking half. Also, this means Hendo could potentially move back into midfield as well.

What was the latest with Fabinho? I've not seen anything on him. No chance for Saturday?

• Subscriber
3 hours ago, LFCMike said:

Where does Salah finish on this list if he's here for say, two more seasons after this one? If he doesn't move ahead of Gerrard then he's very close I think. He's incredible

Didnt realise how many goals Rush actually scored for you 

26 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

Would be close to 400 had he not had a spell at Juventus before coming back. 

I wonder how different the 87/88 side would have been had he not gone to Juventus? If I'm not mistaken, the attack was basically rebuilt with the money from selling Rush to Juventus. Too young to remember that side but I've heard and read a lot about it. Aldridge signed the season before knowing Rush was going. Then Barnes, Beardsley and Houghton in the summer of 87

34 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

I wonder how different the 87/88 side would have been had he not gone to Juventus? If I'm not mistaken, the attack was basically rebuilt with the money from selling Rush to Juventus. Too young to remember that side but I've heard and read a lot about it. Aldridge signed the season before knowing Rush was going. Then Barnes, Beardsley and Houghton in the summer of 87

Dalglish signed Aldridge, Beardsley and Barnes together and they literally tore the league apart. Aldridge was so good Rush was hardly missed. Barnes and Beardsley well, they were just on a different planet. Houghton and Mcmahon in midfield with Hanson etc at the back. I was lucky enough to see that side develop. If you get chance watch the video 'The Mighty Reds 87/88'. Its on YouTube I think.. brilliant!!

Arguably the best Liverpool side in history. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DeadLinesman said:

I know your lot hate him, but it should have been Owen.

Yeah if he'd had stayed at Liverpool passed his mid 20s and didn't have the injury problems he'd have had a good go. 

Tbh, I don't hate him anymore. I think I was still a teenager when he moved to Man Utd so there was hate for him then but I've grown up a little now, I think! xD I look back at some of the goals he scored, the cup final in 2001, fondly and think he should be considered a proper Liverpool legend but it's his fault he's not.

• Upvote 1