talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Liverpool Discussion

football forum

15 hours ago, DeadLinesman said:

I think you’re getting confused between actual ‘physicality’ and ‘athleticism’. Players never used to cover the ground you see now, especially Klopp teams using the ‘gengenpressing’ style he adopted with Dortmund. As already stated, the players are now more finely tuned through diet and exercise than they ever used to be. Again though, I’d advocate @Devil-Dick Willie to really conclude this answer.

Liverpool have had a lot of injuries in particular. My question is, how many did you have under Klopp in the last 2 years, and how many did spurs have under Poch? Both teams famous for working hard, surely they're working hard in training too. We have to remember that even though the 90 minute game is the product of a teams effort, most of that effort is in training 6 days a week. Perhaps Klopps strength and conditioning team is shit. Maybe the Physio or exercise scientist is a kook. Maybe its the physical demands placed on the team in training behind closed doors. Maybe they're just unlucky. 

2 minutes ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

Liverpool have had a lot of injuries in particular. My question is, how many did you have under Klopp in the last 2 years, and how many did spurs have under Poch? Both teams famous for working hard, surely they're working hard in training too. We have to remember that even though the 90 minute game is the product of a teams effort, most of that effort is in training 6 days a week. Perhaps Klopps strength and conditioning team is shit. Maybe the Physio or exercise scientist is a kook. Maybe its the physical demands placed on the team in training behind closed doors. Maybe they're just unlucky. 

Sounds reasonable to me. 

Of course the Twitterverse who know much more than us mortals already have decided that our injuries are all down to excessive Klopp tactics and inept physios and trainers.

Well, let's analyse them. 

Van Dijk - Knee. 

Gomez - Knee

Matip - Ankle

Jota - Knee

Fabinho - Muscular

Milner - Muscular

Henderson - Muscular 

Keita - Muscular 

The bolded 4 had nothing to do with training as these injuries were brought by shit circumstance. Keita is an injury prone individual and Milner is 35 so he can't continue to play at the top level consistently. You then have Fabinho and Henderson. The latter is being asked to play a tremendous amount and couldn't really be rotated.  

I think it's safe to say this really is down to shit luck more than anything. 

Edited by Cicero
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Alisson’s father has gone missing after diving into a river.

That’s not good - hope he’s alright

His body has been found. Unfortunately, Alisson´s father is dead. 

Awful. Even worse is the fact that Alisson won´t even get to see his dad for one last time since flights between Brazil and UK are suspended at the moment.

• Sad 4

4 hours ago, El Profesor said:

His body has been found. Unfortunately, Alisson´s father is dead. 

Awful. Even worse is the fact that Alisson won´t even get to see his dad for one last time since flights between Brazil and UK are suspended at the moment.

I just feel bad for him. It’s been a rough season already, I have no idea what losing a parent is like but I imagine it is the absolute worst.

This has been a hard year for so many people. And it has to be so much worse for anyone who’s suffered a loss in the family, especially if you’re abroad and there’s travel restrictions.

RIP, very sad news

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Rick said:

Fuck this season. 

Poor Alisson 😔

Yeah, you have to really feel for Alisson. I wonder if he will be rested by Klopp in the next few games, so he can get over the loss of his father. It will all be down to Alisson of course, but that tragic news is a lot to digest. Sad, sad news.

2 minutes ago, Michael said:

Yeah, you have to really feel for Alisson. I wonder if he will be rested by Klopp in the next few games, so he can get over the loss of his father. It will all be down to Alisson of course, but that tragic news is a lot to digest. Sad, sad news.

I'm sure Ali will be taken to one side and asked if he needs a break. I think he will need to carry on, from personal experience it doesn't help to sit around doing nothing in times like these.

• Upvote 2

On 23/02/2021 at 01:45, LFCMike said:

It's not really comparable in that they just kept losing their best players to Bayern Munich. Not sure what their injury situation was either. Always thought it was a lazy comparison anyway

They lost two players to Munich when Klopp was the manager

1 hour ago, Scouse_Mouse said:

I'm sure Ali will be taken to one side and asked if he needs a break. I think he will need to carry on, from personal experience it doesn't help to sit around doing nothing in times like these.

I think he will want to play. Like you said, it’s the best thing to do at a time like this. Especially when you can’t go home to see him so you would only be sitting alone with your own thoughts. Best to keep distracted. 

I really feel bad for Alisson. The whole story is very sad. Being part of the funeral is important to the grieving process. 

But with his wife pregnant and with the new variant of the coronavirus hitting hard southern Brazil staying in England is the best course of action. 

Edited by El Profesor

4 hours ago, Rick said:

Not the 12 weeks that were rumoured then. Still fucking shit luck but at least we should have him back for the last month. Could be massive for us. 

Our timelines are usually bullshit. Jota was supposed to be out for “a few weeks”

2 hours ago, LFCMike said:

I'm pretty sure he was never expected back before February

I remember it was initially reported he'd be out for about 3-4 weeks... then there was news that the injury was worse than initially thought. Then the news that it would be around February or March.

Tbf it's better to be safe with the player and not rush them back if newer information when swelling has gone down indicates things are worse for them. So I don't blame the club. But I do think that a lot of the early news about injuries, this season... and at times last season with AOC & Shaqiri, tbh, isn't always the most accurate and the timetables change.

But I mean... if a player needs more time to get fully healthy... I think we should let that happen otherwise we run the risk of making injuries worse... which can potentially ruin careers.