talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Liverpool Discussion

football forum

• Subscriber

I have a very good feeling about the CL second leg but at the same time I'd like to see how the returning players do against Chelsea. One of the biggest problems in the first-leg was how easily they were able to overcome our center backs and I hope that with Fab returning that gets a lot stronger. 

14 minutes ago, Mel81x said:

I have a very good feeling about the CL second leg but at the same time I'd like to see how the returning players do against Chelsea. One of the biggest problems in the first-leg was how easily they were able to overcome our center backs and I hope that with Fab returning that gets a lot stronger. 

Our CL chances are slim to none but imho any chance we have is predicated on the team being able to get Fab back in midfield.

To do that we really need to roll the dice with whatever CBs we have available. 

We all know that Fab can do the job at CB and if he stays fit I can see us picking up enough points to finish top 4, I just can't see us getting past one of the big names in the CL unless we have something resembling a balanced midfield.

18 minutes ago, Scouse_Mouse said:

Our CL chances are slim to none but imho any chance we have is predicated on the team being able to get Fab back in midfield.

To do that we really need to roll the dice with whatever CBs we have available. 

We all know that Fab can do the job at CB and if he stays fit I can see us picking up enough points to finish top 4, I just can't see us getting past one of the big names in the CL unless we have something resembling a balanced midfield.

I disagree. You have no chance in Europe with a CB pairing of Phillips and Kabak. Doesn't matter what the midfield is. Fabinho at CB gives you a better chance providing the midfield options stay fit

18 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

I disagree. You have no chance in Europe with a CB pairing of Phillips and Kabak. Doesn't matter what the midfield is. Fabinho at CB gives you a better chance providing the midfield options stay fit

I'm worried about the prospects of Kabak and Phillips too Mike, I just think the opportunity to get Fab back in midfield is worth rolling the dice with Kabak and Phillips especially knowing that they would have the benefit of Fab playing in his holding midfielder role.

It's probably a moot point though as I think it will be Fab and Kabak at CB.

Aside from all of the obvious shortcomings in the squad this season has pretty brightly shined a light on....

... why is Mane suddenly totally dogshit this season?

I love the man and after the last few seasons, he can be afforded a shit season. But holy fuck, what a drop off.

5 minutes ago, Happy Blue said:

I was just messing mate  :4_joy: ..your form is like the teams in the bottom 3 though right now, i dont see how Klopp keeps his job!

I think Klopp can be forgiven, I don’t think many sides would do well in our circumstances. And he’s got a proven track record for success.

We’re absolutely lacking in depth compared to you (and other rich clubs tbh) and it’s been massively exposed this season as we’ve seen all our senior CBs get injured, then our best midfielder filling in for them get injured, then the “probably not top flight quality fill ins” also getting injured xD.

Players that were decent options off the bench 2 years ago have either stagnated or been injured too many times to be of any use this season.

Doesn’t help 2 of the front 3 have completely lost form and our marquee signing has turned out to be our biggest flop in a very, very, very long time.

I obviously don’t think we should sack Klopp, but I do question why the fuck he’s not changing things considering we’re about a billion miles from the side we were last season.

That’s the thing I can’t give Klopp a pass on. The stubbornness to not change the approach to games when we are missing a lot of the players that make our ‘plan a’ work.

He keeps saying “we are doing everything great until the final touch” which is bollocks. We have scored twice in the last 7 games without a win at Anfield. Our build up play is boring and predictable, other teams just have to sit and watch us pass it around in front of them and if they are at all competent at defending, they will keep us out. Playing the high line even now after injuries ravaged our back line, and having slow players in centre half positions is mind boggling. 

5 hours ago, Happy Blue said:

I was just messing mate  :4_joy: ..your form is like the teams in the bottom 3 though right now, i dont see how Klopp keeps his job!

We’ve seen Pep fail some years with a half billion pound bench and he somehow manages to stay on :what:

1 hour ago, DeadLinesman said:

We’ve seen Pep fail some years with a half billion pound bench and he somehow manages to stay on :what:

:4_joy: He's not failed to finish in the top 4 though and at least won some cups & sheilds while we lend our premier league trophy out 😋

16 minutes ago, Happy Blue said:

:4_joy: He's not failed to finish in the top 4 though and at least won some cups & sheilds while we lend our premier league trophy out 😋

I doubt there is a manager in the football league that couldn't get that squad into the top four of the league. 

So much depth it's insane. 

Something clearly Liverpool haven't got or anyone else for that matter, you can have a world class starting eleven but if the squad isn't as good you need to make sure they stay fit all season. 

17 minutes ago, Devil said:

I doubt there is a manager in the football league that couldn't get that squad into the top four of the league. 

So much depth it's insane. 

Something clearly Liverpool haven't got or anyone else for that matter, you can have a world class starting eleven but if the squad isn't as good you need to make sure they stay fit all season. 

We do have more or less have 2 first teams tbf, embarrassment of riches at the moment 

Edited by Happy Blue