talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Liverpool Discussion

football forum

• Administrator
11 minutes ago, Rick said:

Doesn’t make a difference to us, we already made it clear none of the players were to be released for them. 

Even so, other clubs like Everton and Man City would/will hugely feel the benefits of some of their players not travelling. In any case must be nice knowing quite a few key players won't make those journeys in an already cramped schedule. 

3 hours ago, Stan said:

Even so, other clubs like Everton and Man City would/will hugely feel the benefits of some of their players not travelling. In any case must be nice knowing quite a few key players won't make those journeys in an already cramped schedule. 

Yeah, fuck that. These matches should have gone on

7 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

It'll be good for Liverpool when the fans are back in the ground. So many lawnmowers flying around the opposition team won't even be able to get on the pitch. :ph34r:

Yeah I’m sure that’s why your super great players lost to the youth team.

I’m also assuming all the people who want Klopp sacked gone are complete idiots - I’d rather sack off the entire team and let him start fresh than get rid of Klopp.

But if FSG are going to be cheap cunts again, I think we’re pretty fucked tbh.

• Upvote 1

Salah, Mane, Van Dijk, Firmino, Fabinho, Keita, and Henderson all on 2 years. The club will need to decide to either extend or move on. Some players also may have a say if Liverpool fail to secure CL football. There's also Klopp's worrying history of trying to rebuild a side after a successful spell. 

Definitely a concerning time for Liverpool. 

10 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I’m also assuming all the people who want Klopp sacked gone are complete idiots - I’d rather sack off the entire team and let him start fresh than get rid of Klopp.

But if FSG are going to be cheap cunts again, I think we’re pretty fucked tbh.

Basically this. Klopp needs to be backed properly in the summer now. No fucking about.

Some of the shite squad players that Rafa had to put up with (Degen, Kyrgiakos etc) all those years ago look like superstars compared to what Klopp has had to put out in defence at times this season

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Salah, Mane, Van Dijk, Firmino, Fabinho, Keita, and Henderson all on 2 years. The club will need to decide to either extend or move on. Some players also may have a say if Liverpool fail to secure CL football. There's also Klopp's worrying history of trying to rebuild a side after a successful spell. 

Definitely a concerning time for Liverpool. 

It's concerning but I feel much better knowing that Jurgen is the right man to guide us through this. I like the way he has laid down some ground rules ie if you don't want to play for us then you can leave.

We can't allow these contracts to run down, either they resign or we should sell 'em.

14 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

Basically this. Klopp needs to be backed properly in the summer now. No fucking about.

Some of the shite squad players that Rafa had to put up with (Degen, Kyrgiakos etc) all those years ago look like superstars compared to what Klopp has had to put out in defence at times this season

FSG need to step up here, clearly we don't need a huge rebuild but if we are serious about challenging next season we need to add more quality to the squad just to keep up with the big spenders.

FSG now getting a bit defensive about their backing of Klopp - saying they did all they could for us in January (which, tbh, if it's true... is a bit shit and maybe they're funneling money out of the club? but I don't think there's any way that's true).

They're also saying that Klopp's definitely not going to be sacked and the last 2 months are being viewed as an anomaly , which I do agree with.

But I do think that FSG have been pretty complacent and that's why we've got a first XI that's really good... but I think beyond that starting XI there isn't much depth and we're seeing that now.

57 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

FSG now getting a bit defensive about their backing of Klopp - saying they did all they could for us in January (which, tbh, if it's true... is a bit shit and maybe they're funneling money out of the club? but I don't think there's any way that's true).

They're also saying that Klopp's definitely not going to be sacked and the last 2 months are being viewed as an anomaly , which I do agree with.

But I do think that FSG have been pretty complacent and that's why we've got a first XI that's really good... but I think beyond that starting XI there isn't much depth and we're seeing that now.

This is probably the deepest squad we have ever seen at Liverpool. Imagine how we would have coped with the squads that Houllier or Rafa had?

I'm not saying we don't need to strengthen in the summer, clearly we do, but you can count the teams on one finger that wouldn't have been up shit creek with the same amount (and length) of injuries that we have had.

We are obviously going to take a financial hit this year just like everyone else but bearing in mind our record profits posted the last two seasons FSG really need to show Jurgen financial (not just moral) support this summer.

1 hour ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Yeah, there’s no way they have done all they could in January. Spending 3.5m between two players isn’t the big financial gesture they’re making it out to be. 

2 hours ago, Scouse_Mouse said:

This is probably the deepest squad we have ever seen at Liverpool. Imagine how we would have coped with the squads that Houllier or Rafa had?

I'm not saying we don't need to strengthen in the summer, clearly we do, but you can count the teams on one finger that wouldn't have been up shit creek with the same amount (and length) of injuries that we have had.

We are obviously going to take a financial hit this year just like everyone else but bearing in mind our record profits posted the last two seasons FSG really need to show Jurgen financial (not just moral) support this summer.

I think Rafa’s sides actually had a lot of depth. Just not as much quality overall in the first XI. But I don’t think he’s ever go into a season happily with just 3 senior CBs.

We’ve got a lot of depth in some areas, not much in others. (Like CB or much quality behind Jota to compete/rotate with the typical front 3). Comparing that to some of the clubs we’re competing against and we’re well behind in depth. But probably a bit ahead of some of the clubs that are in the positions we’d rather be in this season.

I think without the CL next season, we’re likely in a sell to buy situation... so it’s all very frustrating  because it could potentially undo a lot of the good work Klopp’s done in his time here

7 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I think Rafa’s sides actually had a lot of depth. Just not as much quality overall in the first XI. But I don’t think he’s ever go into a season happily with just 3 senior CBs.

We’ve got a lot of depth in some areas, not much in others. (Like CB or much quality behind Jota to compete/rotate with the typical front 3). Comparing that to some of the clubs we’re competing against and we’re well behind in depth. But probably a bit ahead of some of the clubs that are in the positions we’d rather be in this season.

I think without the CL next season, we’re likely in a sell to buy situation... so it’s all very frustrating  because it could potentially undo a lot of the good work Klopp’s done in his time here

Rafa didn't have much more depth at CB, his CB were more dependable injury wise though. But take Rafa's first three CB out and you are getting into playing youngsters or Gerrard out of position a la Fabinho.

I was more talking about the rest of the squad,  I'd like to see a quality striker to add to Mo, Bobby, Jota and Mane

We've got lots of depth in MF but can always add quality, as was the plan when we signed Thiago.

I'm not saying we should stand pat in the summer, we don't need a massive rebuild, I'll be excited to see Elliot back, the emergence of Curtis Jones huge too.

I know we are at either end of the positive/negative spectrum, it would be great to have two quality players for every position but we've never had that mate and with our financial restrictions we probably never will.