talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Liverpool Discussion

football forum

26 minutes ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

@Tommy Do you still have that black and white image of trees with my quote "It's not all flowers and chocolate in magical Klopp land" hanging around mate? I might need to give it another whirl soon. 

I gifted it to the Museum of Modern Arts. 

On 24/02/2021 at 08:37, Cicero said:

Probably torn then because in the replay you can see the moment it 'popped' by Henderson's facial expression. 

12 weeks definitely likely then. 

Yeah called it. Post surgery, rehab will be a long process. His groin will forever be sensitive now and needs to be managed carefully. Don’t think he can play week in week out anymore. Much like Kante. 

23 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Yeah called it. Post surgery, rehab will be a long process. His groin will forever be sensitive now and needs to be managed carefully. Don’t think he can play week in week out anymore. Much like Kante. 

Same injury made Harry Kewell a constant sick note 15 years ago (probably longer than that but I don’t want to feel too old). Bad news for a player that’s so important for us.

5 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Henderson’s likely out for the season

Not surprising but a big blow nonetheless, it would have been a boost to have him back before the season's end.

Ahhh well, hopefully he won't be involved with England and we can get him back fit and ready for the start of next season.

I think what I want us to do in the summer, other than sign someone who can fill in if we ever have horrific injury problems at the back (and I'm sure we will - because Matip's got a year left and I can't see anyone signing him with his injury history... and Gomez is due for at least one big injury a year... given his own injury history... and unfortunately, I think Virgil's much more likely to have future injury problems now that he's got a wonky knee), where we can still play a high line and don't have to worry about playing championship quality at the back like Phillips, Kabak, etc...

... I think we need 2 CMs. Fabinho's class, Thiago had a really ugly start to his LFC career but he's looking alright alongside Fabinho, Gini's head is elsewhere... so I'm 99.9999999% sure he's on his way out, Milner is old, Henderson's class but injury prone, Keita and the Ox are sicknotes. Curtis Jones' development is probably one of the only real plus sides for us this season, though.

But with Gini on his way out (at least, seeming very likely like he's on his way out) and me thinking we can't rely on throwing in Keita and the Ox and expecting our midfield to not fall apart... I do think we probably need to look at bringing in at least one very class CM and giving Jones more appearances... or we keep developing Jones the way we have done & we sign 2 new CMs.

It's a bit shit because I think Klopp was hoping Thiago would be that new dimension that our midfield needed, but he's needed time to get used to our football at a time where so many of our players have simply forgotten how to play football, while other players have made serious regression this season.

Which is also a bit shit for us because I'm finding Firmino & Mane's form this season to be seriously concerning (although I think this proves me right in previous debates on who's better: Mane or Salah... which I always thought was a silly fucking debate because I think Salah's clearly our best attacker - and it's nice to feel right; although feeling right while also feeling shit at how bad we've become is shit). And I do think we need to be able to call on better players when they're in this dogshit sort of form than Origi & Shaqiri.

But I don't think we've got the money for retooling the squad in a way that I think we probably need to in order to properly be ready for next season. So we're a bit fucked in that regard xD

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...