talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Liverpool Discussion

football forum

55 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

FSG should back Klopp more, cheap cunts.

I would argue that he is being backed. As of last season, Liverpool had the second highest wage bill in league, behind only Man City. There will hopefully be new deals for several players whose contracts expire in 2023 which will only increase that spend on wages. If we start losing our best players because they are penny pinching then I think we can criticise.

5 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

I would argue that he is being backed. As of last season, Liverpool had the second highest wage bill in league, behind only Man City. There will hopefully be new deals for several players whose contracts expire in 2023 which will only increase that spend on wages. If we start losing our best players because they are penny pinching then I think we can criticise.

You had a higher wage bill than us? Surely not.

1 hour ago, LFCMike said:

Wasn't it higher than United's only because of the bonuses for winning the leagues though?

I still think we could be spending more to revitalise the squad, especially considering the big exit we've had in the midfield and the issues we had last season.

5 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Wasn't it higher than United's only because of the bonuses for winning the leagues though?

I still think we could be spending more to revitalise the squad, especially considering the big exit we've had in the midfield and the issues we had last season.

Yes League and Champions League I think.

Who's to say we won't? I don't think it necessarily has to be the big signing everyone is saying is needed but I think we need another midfielder for depth yeah. Making sure they get rid of a few first makes sense though

We need a midfielder and an attacking option. I’m not arsed about big money signings but we need players in who are good enough that the ones we have think “fuck, this guy might take my place” and with Origi, Minamino & Shaq we really don’t have that. 

57 minutes ago, Rick said:

We need a midfielder and an attacking option. I’m not arsed about big money signings but we need players in who are good enough that the ones we have think “fuck, this guy might take my place” and with Origi, Minamino & Shaq we really don’t have that. 

I think we have that with Jota and Firmino, but how many players in world football will be making Salah or Mane think 'fuck this guy might take my place'? That's a big money signing.

A signing under 21ish makes sense so you can show them a clear pathway to the starting 11 in a few years time when Salah and Mane are on the decline

48 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

That's excellent news. Imo he's our best midfielder - and playing him as an emergency CB was a bit shit because it took a lot out of our midfield imo. But I'm very happy to have his future tied down with us for the near future, because he's an immense player.

12 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Fabinho and Henderson are unlikely to be fit enough by the start of the season. Now Thiago is out of some pre-season matches due to injury.

So what are we thinking the midfield looks like against Norwich? Milner, Keita, and Jones?

Is there no chance Fabinho would be available? He'll have played a part in two pre season games by then wouldn't he? 

3 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

Is there no chance Fabinho would be available? He'll have played a part in two pre season games by then wouldn't he? 

It's something I read on twitter (or reddit, tbh, not sure which one)... so it could be bollocks.

2 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

It's something I read on twitter (or reddit, tbh, not sure which one)... so it could be bollocks.

I could be wrong too. I just know the Brazilians were back late last week I think so I suppose there's a chance they may play a part. Henderson was only back this week so he's unlikely to play I think

• Upvote 1

I don’t see how Fabinho can’t be ready for it. He’ll have had 3 weeks back by the time it rolls around, so unless he has a knock you have to expect him to be ready. 

Watching the friendly v Bologna, bit uneasy with how much this makeshift kit looks like utd 😂

Edited by Rick