talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Liverpool Discussion

football forum

• Administrator
1 hour ago, Rick said:

He’s an option on the bench. 

Sounds like you could have bought more players in the transfer window to add to the squad depth and provide cover.... 

:ph34r:

• Haha 1

Mo Salah wants a staggering £500,000 a week to extend his stay with Liverpool.

The 29-year-old is already one of the biggest earners at Anfield – a reward for continually ending up on top of the club’s scoring charts

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/mo-salah-liverpool-transfer-news-24909896

Edited by Happy Blue
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, LFCMike said:

Always something that is suggested but doesn't sound like Klopp will be doing it any time soon

I've always thought the idea was weird. He broke through into the team as a right back that looked very good for his age. Then he became a world class right back. Why mold him into something else if he's world class as a right back?

I honestly think a lot of people just want to see him "be the next Stevie" - since they both came through into the team as right backs... but Gerrard was a midfielder that just made his first few appearances as a right back - and I also think he was one of the most well rounded players of his generation, playing in teams that were good - but often times not great, so his well-roundedness was used by managers to paper over cracks.

Trent's came through as a right back when he is a right back, not a midfielder, and he's playing in a Liverpool team that is probably one of the strongest in the last few decades where there's quality all over the pitch and he's a world class fullback that performs really really well at fullback for us.

But also I do think Klopp's more of a tactician and Southgate's more of a "no tactics, vibes only" kind of manager.

• Upvote 1

56 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I've always thought the idea was weird. He broke through into the team as a right back that looked very good for his age. Then he became a world class right back. Why mold him into something else if he's world class as a right back?

I honestly think a lot of people just want to see him "be the next Stevie" - since they both came through into the team as right backs... but Gerrard was a midfielder that just made his first few appearances as a right back - and I also think he was one of the most well rounded players of his generation, playing in teams that were good - but often times not great, so his well-roundedness was used by managers to paper over cracks.

Trent's came through as a right back when he is a right back, not a midfielder, and he's playing in a Liverpool team that is probably one of the strongest in the last few decades where there's quality all over the pitch and he's a world class fullback that performs really really well at fullback for us.

But also I do think Klopp's more of a tactician and Southgate's more of a "no tactics, vibes only" kind of manager.

Trent did actually play in midfield coming through the youth ranks. But yeah, I agree with everything else.

1 hour ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I think a lot of people forget that a lot of the positions he takes up sees him in midfield when Liverpool have possession anyway. 

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, LFCMadLad said:

Only 4 players have reached 100 Premier League goals quicker than Mo Salah... but does he improve us @The Liquidator🤔

Hope your well mate. I had to laugh, when I read he joined the 100 club I thought of you & knew you wouldnt be able to resist bringing up my correct forcast for the 17-18 season.

As you know

16-17 Liverpool finished 4th with 76 points
22 June 2017 Liverpool sign Salah
17-18 Liverpool finish 4th with 75 points No improvement exactly as I told you.

Other players arrived via the Coutinho money and over the coming seasons Liverpool improved climaxing with a PL title after a 30 year wait. Obviously Salah has contributed to Liverpools success, but on the 17-18 season, the season I stated you would not improve, I was proved correct.

Keep making me smile mate! :ay:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, The Liquidator said:

Hope your well mate. I had to laugh, when I read he joined the 100 club I thought of you & knew you wouldnt be able to resist bringing up my correct forcast for the 17-18 season.

As you know

Other players arrived via the Coutinho money and over the coming seasons Liverpool improved climaxing with a PL title after a 30 year wait. Obviously Salah has contributed to Liverpools success, but on the 17-18 season, the season I stated you would not improve, I was proved correct.

I'll try matey, I'll try :P

4 hours ago, The Liquidator said:

As you know

Gonna just ignore the CL run that season? 

:ay::dunce:

• Haha 1