talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Liverpool Discussion

football forum

Work has officially started on the next phase of the Anfield expansion, taking the capacity to over 60k

Klopp was asked to put the first spade in the ground during a short ceremony. 

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/jurgen-klopp-sends-fsg-spending-21727294

Edited by LFCMadLad
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, LFCMadLad said:

Be more than that mate. You can't even get on the season ticket list at the moment. 

Not that surprising mate, most sports teams in the world make the fans jump through a hop and do a dance for season tickets. Well at least in the big time leagues. A big ask filling a 90k stadium for 60+ games a year, I reckon it's diminishing returns. People will be less stressed about getting tickets to games and let a few slip by them the more tickets a place can sell. Though I reckon Liverpool has enough national fanbase to do it every week.

13 minutes ago, Spike said:

Not that surprising mate, most sports teams in the world make the fans jump through a hop and do a dance for season tickets. Well at least in the big time leagues. A big ask filling a 90k stadium for 60+ games a year, I reckon it's diminishing returns. People will be less stressed about getting tickets to games and let a few slip by them the more tickets a place can sell. Though I reckon Liverpool has enough national fanbase to do it every week.

Not to blow our own trumpet so to speak but we usually sell out for round 3 league Cup games against lower league opposition. 

I'm not exactly sure how many fans we could get into Anfield on a weekly basis but I'm pretty sure it would be more than 90k.

Edited by LFCMadLad

It wouldn't be 90k every week, definitely not. Somewhere between 70-80k isn't out of the question though I don't think. There might be some empty seats for midweek games against bottom half opposition if we had a 70k capacity for example but it wouldn't necessarily be a bad thing. Having a ground that might be too big for the odd game is better than it being too small as it currently is.

5 hours ago, LFCMike said:

It wouldn't be 90k every week, definitely not. Somewhere between 70-80k isn't out of the question though I don't think. There might be some empty seats for midweek games against bottom half opposition if we had a 70k capacity for example but it wouldn't necessarily be a bad thing. Having a ground that might be too big for the odd game is better than it being too small as it currently is.

Nah, we would sell out every game with a 70k capacity.. midweek or not. 

15 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

Nah, we would sell out every game with a 70k capacity.. midweek or not. 

Doubt it, midweek games were always easier to get tickets for

Everything would depend on ticket prices and how easy it is to access the tickets.

Edited by LFCMike

Got to say... the Brazilian FA's been very annoying this season. First trying to get our players banned from playing for their clubs if they want to comply with COVID rules for international travel (cunts), but their scheduling for Brazil v. Uruguay means Alisson & Fabinho are likely to be ruled out from playing over the weekend.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Rick said:

The club need to get Salah tied down now. Stop fucking about, pay him what he is worth. People say lengthy contract discussions aren’t a big deal, but it clearly is to the player. 

It clearly isn't an issue for Salah at the minute xD 

5 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

It clearly isn't an issue for Salah at the minute xD 

I was speaking in general about all players. We have heard from many in the past who weren’t happy when what should have be seemingly straightforward contracts took months to sort out. 

Pay him the wages. He is the best in the world right now, imagine us without him. 

9 minutes ago, Rick said:

I was speaking in general about all players. We have heard from many in the past who weren’t happy when what should have be seemingly straightforward contracts took months to sort out. 

Pay him the wages. He is the best in the world right now, imagine us without him. 

I'm convinced that it gets sorted but it's not straightforward when you're talking about a club breaking their wage structure. I absolutely agree that it will be a huge mistake if it doesn't get sorted but these things take time. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, LFCMike said:

This is the other thing. Haaland and Mbappe will be going somewhere next summer too so it limits the teams who could afford him

Haaland is apparently available for about £70m in the summer and Mbappe is on a free. If Harry Kane is worth £150m as quoted then Salah is worth upwards of £180m... nobody as things stand can afford that kind of transfer fee plus the wages he would demand. 

In short.. I think he's definitely staying. 

34 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

This interview is a worry. I'm sure Wijnaldum publicly put the ball back in Liverpool's court too

Exactly my thoughts. The club need to act on this sooner rather than later. What is he wanting? 450k p/w? He is on 250k as it stands. You simply have to break the wage structure for him, he’s a generational player and doesn’t look like slowing down anytime soon.