talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Liverpool Discussion

football forum

5 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

No he doesn't. Salah is on a bigger basic rate and his salary is absolutely loaded with goal, assists and winning bonuses. 

So Liverpool have the highest wage bill in the league because of the bonus structure? 

15 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

What happened to Kelleher?

Gotta say, I feel more assured with him in goal over Adrian.

I want to see more of Kelleher, someone so young playing as a backup keeper for you is great for Irish football. Unfortunately he's not had much game time which is to be expected with Allison there, and now he is behind Gavin Bazunu for the national team.

47 minutes ago, Danny said:

I want to see more of Kelleher, someone so young playing as a backup keeper for you is great for Irish football. Unfortunately he's not had much game time which is to be expected with Allison there, and now he is behind Gavin Bazunu for the national team.

I like him. I remember when he first got his chance in a couple of League Cup games, I wasn't convinced. It seemed every shot on target went in. He's improved a lot in that regard and his starting position and ability with the ball at his feet is good.

7 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

I like him. I remember when he first got his chance in a couple of League Cup games, I wasn't convinced. It seemed every shot on target went in. He's improved a lot in that regard and his starting position and ability with the ball at his feet is good.

I get the feeling he may not necessarily end up being world class, but seeing Scotland have the likes of Robertson, Tierney, Gilmour, McGinn etc, Wales with Bale and Ramsay. Ireland have just been lagging behind with that sort of talent, the last player to really be anywhere near that level would have been Coleman and prior to him Keane. Essentially I've a lot of hope for the likes of Bazunu, Kelleher, Troy Parrott, Andrew Omobamidele. I don't think we're looking at players at the level of your Ramsay's and Bale's, but McGinn, Tierney would be nice rather than relying on mostly Championship level players.

1 hour ago, Danny said:

I get the feeling he may not necessarily end up being world class, but seeing Scotland have the likes of Robertson, Tierney, Gilmour, McGinn etc, Wales with Bale and Ramsay. Ireland have just been lagging behind with that sort of talent, the last player to really be anywhere near that level would have been Coleman and prior to him Keane. Essentially I've a lot of hope for the likes of Bazunu, Kelleher, Troy Parrott, Andrew Omobamidele. I don't think we're looking at players at the level of your Ramsay's and Bale's, but McGinn, Tierney would be nice rather than relying on mostly Championship level players.

Its funny thinking back to a time when I was actually envious of Ireland internationally. I was even genuinely annoyed that Scottish players like James McCarthy chose to play for them, because I thought that around 2015 he would easily improve our midfield.

These days, we are struggling to accommodate Gilmour, McGregor, McTominay, McGinn and Armstrong in that position. Not to mention young players like Lewis Ferguson and David Turnbull who could easily develop into quality internationals. 

1 minute ago, Inverted said:

Its funny thinking back to a time when I was actually envious of Ireland internationally. I was even genuinely annoyed that Scottish players like James McCarthy chose to play for them, because I thought that around 2015 he would easily improve our midfield.

These days, we are struggling to accommodate Gilmour, McGregor, McTominay, McGinn and Armstrong in that position. Not to mention young players like Lewis Ferguson and David Turnbull who could easily develop into quality internationals. 

Swings and roundabouts. I grew up with the generation of Shay Given, Roy Keane, Robbie Keane, Damien Duff, Ian Harte....strangely as a kid I would always pretend I was Steve Staunton when playing footy even though you had those name to choose from xD

Scotland have been poor for a long time and now you're finally getting that good crop of players coming through...Wales were so and so for a while and are now seeing out the glory days of Bale and Ramsay. Since the 2012 Euro's it's been a bit of a torrid time for Irish football, but we are in a bit of a redevelopment phase as Stephen Kenny has come in and completely reshaped the brand of football that is played whilst also offering international opportunities to a wider group of players creating more competition. He just needs some of the young talent to do well in Europe's top leagues for what he's trying to achieve to really be a success. Because at a base level now the players are all playing for the manager and have adapted to the style of play.

3 hours ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

Whenever Mane acts like a melt you lot drop points. At what point do you move him on? 

Not sure what he did wrong against Brighton? If you mean his disallowed goal for handball, I think you should watch a replay of it - that looked about as accidental as they come.

The defense and midfield were more to blame for the 2 points lost than the front 3 imo

9 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Not sure what he did wrong against Brighton? If you mean his disallowed goal for handball, I think you should watch a replay of it - that looked about as accidental as they come.

The defense and midfield were more to blame for the 2 points lost than the front 3 imo

I'm not blaming his performance, I'm talking about his behavior. I genuinely think its effecting the team, and that there seems to be a correlation between his tantrums and your dropping points. 

• Administrator
4 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

Have I missed something?:what:

Yeah I didn't see anything, at least in the highlights, that Mane looked stroppy or tantrums. In fact he looked quite relaxed even when his goal was disallowed. 

10 hours ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

I'm not blaming his performance, I'm talking about his behavior. I genuinely think its effecting the team, and that there seems to be a correlation between his tantrums and your dropping points. 

You are going to have to post some clips of this bad behaviour and tantrums because I honestly haven't got a clue what you're talking about?

45 minutes ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

You don't recall his shite attitude through the tough period you went through last season? 

I don’t think anything from the Brighton match indicated a bad attitude from Mane. He played really well.

Imo our biggest issue at present is Curtis Jones and Oxlade-Chamberlain in the midfield is really chaotic and I don’t think we can control a midfield with the two of them playing at once. It’s something we’ll have to work on in the training ground until after the international break where we’ll mostly have everyone back (minus the everyone who gets injured our playing internationals)

I also think Brighton’s tactics in the second half were brilliant. They set up to counter and often had 3 people breaking against 2 CBs because of how open we are/were.

I don’t think we played poorly, but letting control of the midfield go was poor. But Brighton also played really well throughout the 90 minutes. And I think giving up leads to sides you should be beating when the midfield 3 has 2 players that aren’t really the most positionally disciplined and are more players best used for their instinctual ability to attack/support an attack - rather than to control a game.

Curtis is still young and learning, I am hopeful he can become a bit more well rounded. With Gini gone and Elliot looking like he’d carved a unique role in the midfield that we likely won’t fill til he’s back… there’s an open spot for a new regular starter in our midfield. And with so many of our midfielders being injury prone as fuck… this is a unique opportunity for Jones to really break through this season.

But I think Jones and the Ox are kinda too samey and as good as Henderson is, he’s not quite close to the shield for our defense that Fabinho is.

It was a very unbalanced midfield.