talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Liverpool Discussion

football forum

39 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

EFL rules state that the tie must be rearranged before the next round is due to take place so they've got into the end of February to do that.

I appreciate that, fair point given your tie last year had about a shorter space in which to be completed.

Just seems odd to me that the goalposts keep moving all the time that there is no consistancy in any of these situations.

1 minute ago, Lucas said:

I appreciate that, fair point given your tie last year had about a shorter space in which to be completed.

Just seems odd to me that the goalposts keep moving all the time that there is no consistancy in any of these situations.

Different competitions, different stages of those competitions. What happened in the FA Cup third round last season is irrelevant to this tie.

1 hour ago, LFCMike said:

EFL rules state that the tie must be rearranged before the next round is due to take place so they've got into the end of February to do that.

Yeah they fucked Leyton Orient off when they had Covid vs Spurs last year so it’s a final appearance for Arsenal, for me but the precedent has been set so just let the 2021/22 season end in 2045 and let teams decide when they want to play. 

8 minutes ago, Smiley Culture said:

Yeah they fucked Leyton Orient off when they had Covid vs Spurs last year so it’s a final appearance for Arsenal, for me but the precedent has been set so just let the 2021/22 season end in 2045 and let teams decide when they want to play. 

There was a week between the third and fourth round last season so no time to rearrange? There's ample time to sort something for the two legs of the semi final.

2 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

There was a week between the third and fourth round last season so no time to rearrange? There's ample time to sort something for the two legs of the semi final.

There’s a week between the First Leg and Second. Liverpool play Shrewsbury on Sunday and are due to play Arsenal on Thursday so there’s not really time at all. 

5 minutes ago, Smiley Culture said:

There’s a week between the First Leg and Second. Liverpool play Shrewsbury on Sunday and are due to play Arsenal on Thursday so there’s not really time at all. 

They can play the first leg next week and the second leg the midweek after. The final isn't until the end of February.

4 minutes ago, Smiley Culture said:

They can’t. Or they certainly shouldn’t. The round dates are scheduled well before a ball is kicked and shouldn’t be moved. 

That's not what the EFL's rules state. They state that any match that needs to be rearranged should be done so before the following round commences.

22 minutes ago, shut up said:

Has anybody moaned about covid more than liverpool? Fucking hell, get on with it you whinging bastards 

Actually no. This is the first time we have asked for a postponement, we’ve got on with it more than most clubs in the league. Klopp complaining about player welfare or whatever doesn’t change the fact that we have played every fixture expected of us. 

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Smiley Culture said:

Funnily enough I’ve been looking there. Can’t see it. 

You didn't look hard enough

5 NON-FULFILMENT OF FIXTURES

5.1 If, a Club is unable to fulfil its obligation to complete a Competition Match due to either:

1. 5.1.1  the Club’s Player(s) having returned either a positive lateral flow or PCR test result or are self-isolating in accordance with the action plan set out in the Return to Play/ Return to Training Protocols resulting in the Club not having a sufficient number of Players to fulfil the fixture; or

2. 5.1.2  the requirements of the UK Government or any public authority result in the Club not having a sufficient number of Players to fulfil the fixture; or

3. 5.1.3  any other requirements or directions of the UK Government and/or by any public authority,

then the Management Committee shall use its reasonable endeavours to rearrange the fixture for the earliest reasonable opportunity (including but not limited to arranging for the Competition Match to be played at a neutral venue) which will not be later than the date of the first Competition Match scheduled to take place in the immediately following round. Where the Management Committee determine that the Competition Match cannot be rearranged the Management Committee shall have the power to declare that the Competition Match shall be abandoned. Where the Management Committee declare that the Competition Match shall be abandoned, the Club shall forfeit the Competition Match, pay the opposing Club’s expenses in accordance with Rule 5.8 and the opposing Club shall receive a bye into the next round of the Competition.

Guidance – Sufficient Number of Players

The EFL’s general position is that if a Club has enough registered players eligible to participate in the fixture, i.e. they have 14 Players (11 starting and 3 subs) then the Club will have a sufficient number of Players in order to fulfil the fixture. However the EFL will review each circumstance on its own merits.

Guidance – Rearrangement

For example the Second Round of the Competition is scheduled to take place on 24 August 2021, in the event that a First Round Competition Match was postponed, the rearranged a match must take place by 23 August 2021. In the event that the match cannot be rearranged for a suitable date before 23 August 2021 then the Management Committee will award a bye in accordance with Rule 5.1.

7 hours ago, Cicero said:

:Think the timing doesn't fit right for some. The fact this is coming up the moment Mane, Salah, and Keita are gone to AFCON. 

If Liverpool were trying to pull a fast one I don't think they'd do it in a period that covers two League Cup games and a game at home to Shrewsbury in the FA Cup. The two League Cup games will be played while they're still away in any case.

43 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

You didn't look hard enough

5 NON-FULFILMENT OF FIXTURES

5.1 If, a Club is unable to fulfil its obligation to complete a Competition Match due to either:

1. 5.1.1  the Club’s Player(s) having returned either a positive lateral flow or PCR test result or are self-isolating in accordance with the action plan set out in the Return to Play/ Return to Training Protocols resulting in the Club not having a sufficient number of Players to fulfil the fixture; or

2. 5.1.2  the requirements of the UK Government or any public authority result in the Club not having a sufficient number of Players to fulfil the fixture; or

3. 5.1.3  any other requirements or directions of the UK Government and/or by any public authority,

then the Management Committee shall use its reasonable endeavours to rearrange the fixture for the earliest reasonable opportunity (including but not limited to arranging for the Competition Match to be played at a neutral venue) which will not be later than the date of the first Competition Match scheduled to take place in the immediately following round. Where the Management Committee determine that the Competition Match cannot be rearranged the Management Committee shall have the power to declare that the Competition Match shall be abandoned. Where the Management Committee declare that the Competition Match shall be abandoned, the Club shall forfeit the Competition Match, pay the opposing Club’s expenses in accordance with Rule 5.8 and the opposing Club shall receive a bye into the next round of the Competition.

Guidance – Sufficient Number of Players

The EFL’s general position is that if a Club has enough registered players eligible to participate in the fixture, i.e. they have 14 Players (11 starting and 3 subs) then the Club will have a sufficient number of Players in order to fulfil the fixture. However the EFL will review each circumstance on its own merits.

Guidance – Rearrangement

For example the Second Round of the Competition is scheduled to take place on 24 August 2021, in the event that a First Round Competition Match was postponed, the rearranged a match must take place by 23 August 2021. In the event that the match cannot be rearranged for a suitable date before 23 August 2021 then the Management Committee will award a bye in accordance with Rule 5.1.

Genuinely, if Liverpool don’t have 14 professionals out of the 50 odd they have, I’m not buying it at all. 

Edited by Smiley Culture

2 minutes ago, Smiley Culture said:

Fuck it then, let teams play when they want to. I look forward to the season ending in fifteen years. Utterly pathetic. 

This competition won't finish any later and there's two midweeks in January where the two legs can be played. I don't see the issue?

58 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

This competition won't finish any later and there's two midweeks in January where the two legs can be played. I don't see the issue?

Teams dictating when they’ll play despite having 50+ professional players who have access to the best facilities and staff, is a precedent that’s been set already and frankly, it’s pathetic that we’re here. The rules above state Liverpool need 14 players, they’ll have that, make ‘em play. 

6 minutes ago, Smiley Culture said:

Teams dictating when they’ll play despite having 50+ professional players who have access to the best facilities and staff, is a precedent that’s been set already and frankly, it’s pathetic that we’re here. The rules above state Liverpool need 14 players, they’ll have that, make ‘em play. 

You can’t count academy players in the 14 and you know it. No other team has been expected to field a team of teenagers. 

• Upvote 2