talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Liverpool Discussion

football forum

6 minutes ago, The Artful Dodger said:

What happened to clyne? There were lots of rumours about him and certain actives but he was a genuinely bery good player. Just sort of faded.

He was never good enough to be an attacking full back in Klopp's side.

We're the first premier league club to hire a mental health professional to help the players deal with the abuse they get online: https://www.thisisanfield.com/2022/01/liverpool-hire-mental-health-therapist-to-deal-with-online-abuse-first-in-premier-league/

I hope it helps the players, but I'm not surprised we've done this - if you go onto Trent's instagram or Mane's instagram there's so many comments on their posts that are just horrificly racist. When Alisson's dad died trolls went on and mocked him for losing his father. Lovren shut down comments on his insta so many times because of the abuse he'd get after he'd make a silly mistake.

If anything I'm surprised we're the first club to do this. Honestly, I think United should look into doing something like this too because the only one of their players I follow on social media is Rashford because despite playing for a club I despise... I respect the fuck out of the young man as a player and a person. And the amount of abuse he gets is fucking horrific - it honestly blows my mind... it goes far beyond what I've seen of any of our players.

• Upvote 1

• Administrator

That Luis Diaz signing is quality. Seems like a perfect fit for Liverpool to add to their attacking strength. Time to adapt and settle in and then when any of the front 3 leave he'll be ready to slot right in. Think he'll be a star and for how good he could be, it's fairly cheap. Good recruitment once again. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Stan said:

That Luis Diaz signing is quality. Seems like a perfect fit for Liverpool to add to their attacking strength. Time to adapt and settle in and then when any of the front 3 leave he'll be ready to slot right in. Think he'll be a star and for how good he could be, it's fairly cheap. Good recruitment once again. 

You want him to fail because you hate Liverpool is what you mean :ph34r:

1 hour ago, Stan said:

Fuck.

I doubt he starts tbh.

1 hour ago, Cicero said:

Think it would be silly from both the club and Salah himself to force himself immediately back. 

A muscular injury just becoming an inevitability. 

Yeah, I think chances are our medical staff will say it's too soon for him to play, regardless of whatever he wants. He's had a lot of football in a short time - I'm not so sure it's a good idea to have him immediately start after a long flight back to a place with a completely different climate considering he's just played another match & extra time just yesterday.

I wouldn't be surprised if he starts on the bench or even isn't in the squad. I think it's more likely he's back full time by the Burnley match.

Also what happens with players like Sadio Mane who've just won a tournament but have to return to clubs? Do they get time to celebrate & have a parade in their capital city? Or are they just expected to immediately fly back ASAP?

1 minute ago, Stan said:

Mate, he could come on at the 90th minute and still score a hat-trick at this rate.

I truly do sympathise.

But don't say I didn't warn you about when things go wrong with Rodgers! The man is a manager of extremes - things either look great or they look dogshit.

• Subscriber
13 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Also what happens with players like Sadio Mane who've just won a tournament but have to return to clubs? Do they get time to celebrate & have a parade in their capital city? Or are they just expected to immediately fly back ASAP?

Will it not be at the clubs discretion? Klopp being the man he is you'd assume he will allow him extra time to celebrate.