talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Liverpool Discussion

football forum

31 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Looks like Klopps new deal doesn't include a pay rise, but only his staff which was encouraged by Klopp. 

Hard not to like the bastard. 

He’s the man, a mans man, a ladies man, a man of the people.

This has been an absolutely ridiculous season for us as fans, even if we only end up having won just the one trophy.

3 cup finals in one season is ridiculous.

And we’re still in the title race this late in the season while being in 3 cup finals.

What an absolute fucking ride, I am often wondering if I am in a coma and this is all just some strange fantasy my brain has created.

Klopp’s a fucking legend, we are lucky as fuck to have him.

• Upvote 4

I'd be gutted for this squad if they don't end up with at least one of the big two. Whatever happens it's been some journey to three finals and still being in the title race but not adding the league or European Cup would feel like they've not got what they've deserved to me. Adding the FA Cup would be great like but it feels like it needs more than just that for this season to be remembered as the special season it has been.

On 05/05/2022 at 18:35, LFCMike said:

I'd be gutted for this squad if they don't end up with at least one of the big two. Whatever happens it's been some journey to three finals and still being in the title race but not adding the league or European Cup would feel like they've not got what they've deserved to me. Adding the FA Cup would be great like but it feels like it needs more than just that for this season to be remembered as the special season it has been.

You will hammer Madrid barring anymore freakish luck they have had in the CL

On 05/05/2022 at 16:37, Dr. Gonzo said:

This has been an absolutely ridiculous season for us as fans, even if we only end up having won just the one trophy.

3 cup finals in one season is ridiculous.

And we’re still in the title race this late in the season while being in 3 cup finals.

What an absolute fucking ride, I am often wondering if I am in a coma and this is all just some strange fantasy my brain has created.

Klopp’s a fucking legend, we are lucky as fuck to have him.

• Haha 1

On 08/05/2022 at 10:57, Happy Blue said:

You will hammer Madrid barring anymore freakish luck they have had in the CL

I don't know about hammer Happy Blue. Maybe I'm wrong but in the last three matches or so Liverpool haven't seemed to be at their best. They scored by a deflection against Spurs and an own goal opened the scoring against Villareal at Anfield, not the normal Liverpool standard. I'd like to add that this is only an observation and not a criticism or provocation. It seemed to take them a long time to break Everton down too, a fixture I thought they should have wrapped up earlier in the match.

42 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

Well, well... isn't this interesting.. 

Not at all dodgy... - 9GAG

After seeing this I had a look around and found this article.. 

Liverpool FC, Asthma and Salbutamol: Information and Controversy - Generation95

I stopped reading after "the abnormally few injuries that Liverppol has".

Obviously whoever wrote this article was in a coma last season.

36 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

I stopped reading after "the abnormally few injuries that Liverppol has".

I think to be honest you would stop reading any article that had a slight hint of negativity about Liverpool or Klopp... Not saying you are wrong on the injury front but that's not what the article is about is it?? 

22 minutes ago, Happy Blue said:

Dodgy as fuck that mate, good find ;) 

In all seriousness if those figures are true that 63% of the squad is asthmatic then something doesn't add up.. Most people that suffer with Asthma tend to feel more fatigued and have breathing difficulties so you can imagine what 90 minutes of high paced running around would do to them, but if they were able to take a little bump of 'the old Maradona Magic' at half time might explain why their performances are much higher than other teams and if they are using that diagnosis as some sort of loophole to keep them enhanced it takes all the shine off what they have achieved 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

In all seriousness if those figures are true that 63% of the squad is asthmatic then something doesn't add up.. Most people that suffer with Asthma tend to feel more fatigued and have breathing difficulties so you can imagine what 90 minutes of high paced running around would do to them, but if they were able to take a little bump of 'the old Maradona Magic' at half time might explain why their performances are much higher than other teams and if they are using that diagnosis as some sort of loophole to keep them enhanced it takes all the shine off what they have achieved 

I agree with you, they are all on PED's by the looks of it  ..ephedrine is found in some of these asthma meds, the SAS are off there tits on this stuff, you can run all day on it

• Subscriber
10 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

Wouldn't mind going there and letting them do magic on my asthma and COPD O.o

People who have no idea what salbutamol is are talking a lot of nonsense about it. A quick google can quite easily clear up misconceptions.

”It’s banned in cycling”. Yes taking 800grams of it over a 12 hour period is banned. That is essentially the equivalent of 8 puffs of your inhaler twice a day, a GP will tell you that you are not meant to use it more than twice a week otherwise you will need an asthma review.

The limit is set at 800mgs per 12 hours at maximum because that is what manufacturers state the highest usage of the inhaler should be. If you are using it at this level it is to prevent short term sudden shortness of breathe and you are essentially at risk of an asthma attack and your asthma needs to be better managed.

Furthermore some quick Googling will show you that asthma is much more prevalent amongst long distance athletes, another quick check shows that at one point 70% of the British Swimming team were found to have some form of asthma.

Edited by Danny
  • Upvote 2