talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Liverpool Discussion

football forum

23 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

How many shit "evolution" and "natural selection" jokes will commentators be making at the start of the season because we've signed Darwin? I've already seen 2 since he joined us - one on the BBC website.

A lot probably... I would get in early and get a petition up before it gets out of hand

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

How many shit "evolution" and "natural selection" jokes will commentators be making at the start of the season because we've signed Darwin? I've already seen 2 since he joined us - one on the BBC website.

That whiffs of a Gary Lineker line on Match of the Day.

12 minutes ago, Storts said:

As a high profile, practicing Muslim, yes he does

I don’t think so at all. He chooses to because it is the right thing to do, not because of some imaginary pressure. Muslims aren’t a tightly knit group that parse over the financial habits of every wealthy Muslim. I bet the Sheiks don’t donate, I bet most don’t. Not every Muslim, practising or not is orthodox or a hardliner.

He also is also Catholic, so that applies too. 

• Upvote 1

Apart from losing a great player, we are also losing a tremendous human being...

Sadio Mane is transforming his village to a town.

He built a €455,000 hospital and €250,000 school in his village, Bambaly.

He gives each family €70 monthly.

He provided 4G internet for them.

He is building a fuel station and post office.

2,000 people live in his village.

What a person he truly is. 👏🏻❤️

• Upvote 2

Looks like we're keeping Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain for this season as depth in the midfield since we're not looking to make further additions to our midfield this season. I think he looks a bit past it now, but if he can get close to his best ever again he's a good option in the squad.

I wonder if we'll be changing our midfield around a bit now that we've got a more traditional type of forward. Although I suspect Darwin won't be starting all that much at the beginning of the season unless he hits the ground running like Luis Diaz did.

On 18/06/2022 at 05:20, Spike said:

I don’t think so at all. He chooses to because it is the right thing to do, not because of some imaginary pressure. Muslims aren’t a tightly knit group that parse over the financial habits of every wealthy Muslim. I bet the Sheiks don’t donate, I bet most don’t. Not every Muslim, practising or not is orthodox or a hardliner.

He also is also Catholic, so that applies too. 

That pillar thing is what you give on your surplus wealth over a year, its like a tax than a donation. A private affair, don't have to show in any record. 

Salah and Mane are doing way more than that, not complaining though 

Edited by Aladdin

1 hour ago, Aladdin said:

That pillar thing is what you give on your surplus wealth over a year, its like a tax than a donation. A private affair, don't have to show in any record. 

Salah and Mane are doing way more than that, not complaining though 

I assume it is the same as a tithe, which largely is no longer a thing in the Eurocentric world due to the separation   of church and state

2 minutes ago, Spike said:

I assume it is the same as a tithe, which largely is no longer a thing in the Eurocentric world due to the separation   of church and state

Same in the sense that it has a fixed rate but its not for the religious body to take, you own wealth or certain assets which liquefied exceed a standard and count as surplus, a year passed on and you still posses that surplus then you distribute a % of it to the needy. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Aladdin said:

Same in the sense that it has a fixed rate but its not for the religious body to take, you own wealth or certain assets which liquefied exceed a standard and count as surplus, a year passed on and you still posses that surplus then you distribute a % of it to the needy. 

Is this a common law in countries with high influence from Islam? would a similar law be in effect in Morrocco and Pakistan?

7 hours ago, LFCMike said:

He did an interview after promotion where he sounded very cock sure that Fulham was in his rear view mirror. 

That said I think he would be a good addition at that price. I honestly think you could squeeze an extra 3/4 million unless he's in the last year of his contract. He seems like somebody that could grow with the club if they survive and progress up the league over a 3 or 4 year parried. 

• Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

He did an interview after promotion where he sounded very cock sure that Fulham was in his rear view mirror. 

That said I think he would be a good addition at that price. I honestly think you could squeeze an extra 3/4 million unless he's in the last year of his contract. He seems like somebody that could grow with the club if they survive and progress up the league over a 3 or 4 year parried. 

His contract is up in 2025 according to Transfermarkt 

2 hours ago, The Palace Fan said:

Has Mane been unhappy for some time?

There are conflicting reports but the lowest Mane would be earning at Bayern is £250,000kpw. Don't think Liverpool would ever consider that for a 30 year old. 

Much like what I said regarding Rudiger's departure, this next contract will ultimately be his last big one. He's already won everything at Liverpool and given everything so there really isn't any issue with him doing what ever feasible to get the best deal for himself and family. 

Out of interest, what was the reason for selling Mane over Firmino given there contracts were up at the same time? Has Mane been unhappy for some time?

I don’t think he’s been unhappy, I just think Mane’s wanted a lot more money than we were willing to offer and he was interested in playing at another big club abroad if he couldn’t get the deal he wanted here.

With Firmino’s injury problems this year, it’s probably harder for him to find a club to move to if he doesn’t just want to see out his contract. I don’t think the club or Klopp mind players seeing out their contracts if a new one can’t be agreed.

• Upvote 1

Out of interest, what was the reason for selling Mane over Firmino given there contracts were up at the same time? Has Mane been unhappy for some time?

Mane wanted to leave. Sounds like he wanted a new challenge. Simple as that really I think.