talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Liverpool Discussion

football forum

1 hour ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

We should be expecting to beat any team outside of the "top 6" if we're at Anfield tbh

Under normal circumstances I totally agree with you yes but the circs weren't normal were they? I just felt that the way you were playing compared to Newcastle's form then you'd have had a problem. Hey, maybe the 9-0 was the catalyst to kick start your season but as usual, I'm just not sure. I cannot remember Liverpool ever starting like that and Klopp's 7 year itch.

Edited by Chickasaw

1 hour ago, Chickasaw said:

Under normal circumstances I totally agree with you yes but the circs weren't normal were they? I just felt that the way you were playing compared to Newcastle's form then you'd have had a problem. Hey, maybe the 9-0 was the catalyst to kick start your season but as usual, I'm just not sure. I cannot remember Liverpool ever starting like that and Klopp's 7 year itch.

It's the beginning of the season, I don't think any conclusions can really be drawn until we're 10 matches in or so.

See above for my thoughts on the 7 year shite. It's just lazy journalism tbh. It's not like Dortmund where they played well but were constantly missing boatloads of chances, we were just poor in the first 3 matches. Good in that glorified friendly cup against City & against the most shit team I've seen in a long time.

• Upvote 1

On 29/08/2022 at 08:35, Chickasaw said:

So Liverpool supporters, what are your instincts for The Newcastle match now? I posted barring a miracle you'd have no chance of winning it but now, after last week, I'm not so sure. Still very unpredictable until we see a run of decent form.

It's a miracle ✨️ 

On 31/08/2022 at 23:01, Chickasaw said:

Close though wasn't it? Very close. 98th minute?

Even Isak's second,  took about 5 seconds after the goal to reverse the decision,  the Linesman was chased down by Klopp and a coach.   The offside was marginal and could have gone either way,  the linesman had about 12 seconds from the time of incident to when Isak left 4 Liverpool players on the ground and Anfield silent to make the decision.    Even Simon Jordan said the whistle should have gone at 96 minutes.   His co host on ST referred to another game this season can't recall which where the players were purposefully wasting time,  5 mintues was allocated and the ref blew up at 4 minutes. 

It was an utter screw job that started the day before when Klopp was moaning about time wasting.   Marriner and co should be brought under review for soft officiating. 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, OrangeKhrush said:

Even Isak's second,  took about 5 seconds after the goal to reverse the decision,  the Linesman was chased down by Klopp and a coach.   The offside was marginal and could have gone either way,  the linesman had about 12 seconds from the time of incident to when Isak left 4 Liverpool players on the ground and Anfield silent to make the decision.    Even Simon Jordan said the whistle should have gone at 96 minutes.   His co host on ST referred to another game this season can't recall which where the players were purposefully wasting time,  5 mintues was allocated and the ref blew up at 4 minutes. 

It was an utter screw job that started the day before when Klopp was moaning about time wasting.   Marriner and co should be brought under review for soft officiating. 

Before the match I was convinced that Liverpool wouldn't win it but then I saw the other scores and then shook my head as to why they did. It's history and we move on. Although I'm Spurs it's The Man U v Arsenal match which interests me the most this weekend.

2 minutes ago, Chickasaw said:

Before the match I was convinced that Liverpool wouldn't win it but then I saw the other scores and then shook my head as to why they did. It's history and we move on. Although I'm Spurs it's The Man U v Arsenal match which interests me the most this weekend.

Graeme Souness said they got lucky,  even with all the ball they did very little with it,  it took 60minutes to register a shot on target.    Trent had a horrid game and if ASM was fit to play it may have been murder,  Ryan Fraser gave him a rough time,  if being critical should have scored that turn and volley with Allison miles off the line and beaten love and money a banana loop was the way to go and not power.   

Anywho it is not often we leave Anfield to liverpool fans being so rattled they feel the necessity to boo.   Stay classy merseyside. 

• Haha 1

Most home teams get some breaks from the ref, it is the home crowd effect and something about Anfield means they a bit more than most. I heard a lot were disgruntled by length of the injury times.

I think Old Trafford is similar and I recall in the terraces at Stamford Bridge when Chelsea got a penalty back in the day the crowd cheered and me and a mate under our breath agreed we were lucky. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Waylander said:

Most home teams get some breaks from the ref, it is the home crowd effect and something about Anfield means they a bit more than most. I heard a lot were disgruntled by length of the injury times.

I think Old Trafford is similar and I recall in the terraces at Stamford Bridge when Chelsea got a penalty back in the day the crowd cheered and me and a mate under our breath agreed we were lucky. 

I saw a VERY lucky penalty against WBA in the last minute or two, maybe the same one.

2 hours ago, Waylander said:

A similar incident at the bridge last season when Chabolah was horse collaring Jacob Murphy in the penalty area,  it was a blatant penalty impeding another player it is irrelevant where in the box it is,  there is no pulling or tugging let alone a horse collar pull.    These decisions tend to go against smaller teams making trips to "big teams" grounds. 

23 minutes ago, Rick said:

Before the World Cup knowing how this season has started. 

yeah I can honestly say I forgot the World Cup was a thing in December this year. Shocking stuff really, you'd want to hope no players have catastrophic injuries during it.

Edited by Spike

• Administrator
4 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

Ox and keita both left out of the Champions League squad. 

Fair to say they are both finished here.

Ox I can understand due to injuries.

Keita is surprising purely due to the fact of the midfield issue.

15 minutes ago, Stan said:

Ox I can understand due to injuries.

Keita is surprising purely due to the fact of the midfield issue.

He’s injured himself. Was injured, then declared fit, then injured again before playing. Wanker he is. 

On 02/09/2022 at 20:32, OrangeKhrush said:

A similar incident at the bridge last season when Chabolah was horse collaring Jacob Murphy in the penalty area,  it was a blatant penalty impeding another player it is irrelevant where in the box it is,  there is no pulling or tugging let alone a horse collar pull.    These decisions tend to go against smaller teams making trips to "big teams" grounds. 

Yes I think we got lucky then too and I think this is why Chalobah does not play that often.

He struggles against quick tuning forwards. 

5 hours ago, LFCMadLad said:

Ox and keita both left out of the Champions League squad. 

Fair to say they are both finished here.

I doubt either of them would be left out of the squad all together if they were fit. The group games are played over the next 2 months so they're both obviously out for that amount of time at least.