talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Liverpool Discussion

football forum

20 hours ago, Mel81x said:

Have a strange feeling all our misgivings domestically will all be redundant in the Champions League this season. 

It's only the first match. Earlier this season a team lost 4-0 then went on to win the next four matches so don't be disheartened. Well done for airing your thoughts, takes a bit of courage.

• Subscriber
3 hours ago, Tommy said:

Will I wake up to "Klopp has been sacked" news tomorrow? 

If so then Stevie Gerrard has no hope, arrives at Villa on a high thinking he will do well and take over from Klopp and he has been shite at villa and has them hovering over the relegation zone. xD

• Subscriber

We look labored and honestly incapable of changing the way we play unless we go down a goal (or three like last night) and even then we're still not clinical enough. I am not sure if the midfield will ever be right considering we'd need Thiago and Fab fit for a full season which seems a bit unrealistic at this point just judging on the way injuries have been in the past. 

Drop Trent for Gomez at RB, Matip comes in next to Virgil. Harvey Elliot had looked one of a couple of bright sparks, but he isn’t a central midfielder and we are getting run ragged there. Thiago, Fabinho and Arthur for the next few games, nothing fancy, just there to do their job and stop team running straight through the middle so easily. Klopp says about reinventing ourselves, well then let’s try not playing such a high line, invite the other team to attack and hit them on the break with Salah, Diaz and balls in behind for Nunez. 

• Upvote 2

On 05/09/2022 at 13:55, LFCMike said:

I doubt either of them would be left out of the squad all together if they were fit. The group games are played over the next 2 months so they're both obviously out for that amount of time at least.

Naby has been included in Guinea’s international squad for the international break later this month.

I've heard he wants to leave and that Klopp has had enough of him.

I wonder if Liverpool are suffering a mental hang over from near missing a quadruple.   Some of the core in that are getting on and to motivate themselves to play at that intensity again is difficult.   

I would not be surprised off Liverpool finished a country mile behind City.  it's even more demotivating when they have someone that scores a hat trick every 45 minutes.

how Gomez needs to be taken out of the oven, that Napoli display was McGuire like, and that will stick, its not helped that Virgil van McGuire is also not playing well.

Salah and Diaz are the only ones that seem to be putting in the performances.

2 hours ago, OrangeKhrush said:

I wonder if Liverpool are suffering a mental hang over from near missing a quadruple.   Some of the core in that are getting on and to motivate themselves to play at that intensity again is difficult.   

I would not be surprised off Liverpool finished a country mile behind City.  it's even more demotivating when they have someone that scores a hat trick every 45 minutes.

how Gomez needs to be taken out of the oven, that Napoli display was McGuire like, and that will stick, its not helped that Virgil van McGuire is also not playing well.

Salah and Diaz are the only ones that seem to be putting in the performances.

I wouldn't say Salah is playing that well but that could be because he's playing a lot wider than usual for some reason?

Elliot has been playing well though and Carvalho has made a couple of decent sub appearances. 

The rest have been absolutely dogshit.

Edited by LFCMadLad

• 3 weeks later...

Wtf is up with the tactics this season? Why's Trent drifting so far inward? Why's Salah set up so wide?

It often feels the way we set up this season has us set up in a way where we're isolating our most creative player (TAA) and our best goalscorer (Salah)... at the expense of... being worse at defending? A bit weird.

I'm sure there's a reason for it and we're persisting with it until it clicks... but when so many players are looking out of confidence & form, questions about the tactics are always going to be an issue.

3 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Wtf is up with the tactics this season? Why's Trent drifting so far inward? Why's Salah set up so wide?

It often feels the way we set up this season has us set up in a way where we're isolating our most creative player (TAA) and our best goalscorer (Salah)... at the expense of... being worse at defending? A bit weird.

I'm sure there's a reason for it and we're persisting with it until it clicks... but when so many players are looking out of confidence & form, questions about the tactics are always going to be an issue.

I don’t think Klopp is much of a tactician but most of the best coaches.aren’t either. Footballers are mostly dumb as fuck so they need a coach  to trick them into doing what the coach wants. Maybe the players are getting too pig headed and doing what they want, need a bit of hairdryer treatment. Maybe he should throw a shoe a Salah.

There is a reason why the academia and his colleagues say Biesla is a genius despite not having much success, it is because he is a tactical genius but can’t communicate his ideas to the morons he coaches. Klopp doesn’t have that problem because he knows how to tell an idiot what to do. The ability to disseminate  complex information to a dumb jock is underrated. 

Edited by Spike

10 minutes ago, Spike said:

I don’t think Klopp is much of a tactician but most of the best coaches.aren’t either. Footballers are mostly dumb as fuck so they need a coach  to trick them into doing what the coach wants. Maybe the players are getting too pig headed and doing what they want, need a bit of hairdryer treatment. Maybe he should throw a shoe a Salah.

There is a reason why the academia and his colleagues say Biesla is a genius despite not having much success, it is because he is a tactical genius but can’t communicate his ideas to the morons he coaches. Klopp doesn’t have that problem because he knows how to tell an idiot what to do. The ability to disseminate  complex information to a dumb jock is underrated. 

You've also got to balance it with not upsetting them. There's very little accountability for footballers. Felix Magath was very successful as a manager in the 00s. But as footballers became more and more powerful within the hierarchy he got worse and worse results, as players don't want to have to train harder, eat better, and be more disciplined and accountable than the team down the road.  

4 minutes ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

You've also got to balance it with not upsetting them. There's very little accountability for footballers. Felix Magath was very successful as a manager in the 00s. But as footballers became more and more powerful within the hierarchy he got worse and worse results, as players don't want to have to train harder, eat better, and be more disciplined and accountable than the team down the road.  

Wasn't Magath a bit on the drill instructor side with some odd pagan medicine shit?

27 minutes ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

Apparently the pagan medicine is a media beat up, but yes, drill instructor. Worked back in the day but you'd never get the kids away from fifa and the couch 

Well it isn’t like it is a new thing. Arsene Wenger telling players to not get on it every night was revolutionary in the 90s. They still do in the NRL and AFL

7 hours ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

To be fair to the Fulham players if some twerp that look like Penfold made me stand still for 40 minutes in training whilst he walked off to do other things I'd down tool until he got sacked too.

5 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

To be fair to the Fulham players if some twerp that look like Penfold made me stand still for 40 minutes in training whilst he walked off to do other things I'd down tool until he got sacked too.

If I earned 200k a week and my boss asked me to stand still for 40 minutes I'd make my atoms stop fucking vibrating. 

• Upvote 3

look this is why Klopp is paid well to do the job he does and he has a reputation as one of the best managers out so now is where he earns that.   he will need to figure out how to keep Liverpool ticking over until January without capitulating.   

for the first time in 4-5 years Liverpool will be challenged and strength of character will be seen now.    the loss of Diaz is a big blow but a team like Liverpool should be able to cope without one player