talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Liverpool Discussion

football forum

• Administrator
20 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Join the club. 

Liverpool were already in it from last season to be honest xD. Wonder if there's a specific cause behind it, or just pure bad luck. 

Like us. We've got Pereira out, and Evans and Soyuncu as CBs out. Meaning it's likely to be Amartey vs Haaland next Saturday...

4 minutes ago, Stan said:

Liverpool were already in it from last season to be honest xD. Wonder if there's a specific cause behind it, or just pure bad luck. 

Like us. We've got Pereira out, and Evans and Soyuncu as CBs out. Meaning it's likely to be Amartey vs Haaland next Saturday...

And like us. We lost Chilwell for the season, James for 3 months, and Kante + Kovacic both missing 50% of league fixtures last season. 

Now we have Fofana, James, and Kante out until after the WC. 

That's bad news for us. Not much good news generally this season xD Not that great that the 2 players we'd probably play on the left of our front 3 at the moment are both out injured until after the world cup.

Carvalho or Nunez to fill in, I suspect. 

🇧🇷 No goalkeeper has more goal involvements in Premier League history [1 goal & 4 assists]
🇧🇷 The only goalkeeper to score a Premier League match-winning goal
🇧🇷 Assisted goals for Mohamed Salah against Manchester United & Manchester City
🇧🇷 2 Golden Gloves in 4 Premier League seasons

Alisson Becker Ladies and Gentlemen

• Upvote 3

17 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

🇧🇷 No goalkeeper has more goal involvements in Premier League history [1 goal & 4 assists]
🇧🇷 The only goalkeeper to score a Premier League match-winning goal
🇧🇷 Assisted goals for Mohamed Salah against Manchester United & Manchester City
🇧🇷 2 Golden Gloves in 4 Premier League seasons

Alisson Becker Ladies and Gentlemen

I could have sworn that happened once or twice before! Could be thinking of a different league

• Administrator
Just now, Spike said:

I could have sworn that happened once or twice before! Could be thinking of a different league

A goalkeeper has scored but I don't think it's been a match-winning goal. 

Robinson, Begovic, Howard all come to mind. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

When I was a kid Robbie Fowler was my favourite player.

And he's still my favourite player of all time. Especially after seeing this:

Maybe he can bond with the muftis over some nose beers and change their minds on the whole orthodoxy business :ph34r:

ahaha fuck could you imagine, that is one of the funniest scenarios ever.  ‘oi la, just let them birds do their thing ya know’ *snoooooooort* ‘that’s some proper sound powder there son’ ‘alright boys now lets get some of that chicken fessy jan jan scran and gormy sabby’

Edited by Spike
  • Haha 4

4 hours ago, LFCMike said:

There wasn't many good moments during that pandemic season but Alisson's header is right up there with my favourite Liverpool moments ever outside of trophy wins. 

For me it beats a couple of the league cup wins. The significance of the goal wasn’t just for the team but for him after his dad passed shortly before that match. I felt very emotional watching that.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Mel81x said:

Let's talk shop here. If we got the Europa League vs a CL spot how bad would that be for this team? 

It would be bad for our transfer dealings for one. The players in this squad who are currently feeling demotivated (most of them) would probably feel even more so if we only managed the Europa League. It would be a nightmare all round. 

3 hours ago, Mel81x said:

Let's talk shop here. If we got the Europa League vs a CL spot how bad would that be for this team? 

Id rather not get into Europe at all than be in the Europa League or the shit version of the Europa League.

Either way I think not getting top 4 is a disaster

4 hours ago, Rick said:

It would be bad for our transfer dealings for one. The players in this squad who are currently feeling demotivated (most of them) would probably feel even more so if we only managed the Europa League. It would be a nightmare all round. 

You'll still attract quality players as United and Arsenal have shown. 

It's whether FSG are willing to pay that extra premium. 

24 minutes ago, Cicero said:

You'll still attract quality players as United and Arsenal have shown. 

It's whether FSG are willing to pay that extra premium. 

Not Bellingham next summer we won’t, and he should be the absolute priority target.