talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Liverpool Discussion

football forum

1 hour ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

I'm just gonna point this out next time someone yells at me for calling the league cup Mikey mouse. 

Not having a go at your take at all, but it does illustrate a point. 

Oh I’m in agreement with you mostly, because I think it  diminishes the FA cup. That being said, I was happy when Liverpool won it, because it is a trophy, and seen a semi ‘major’ one at that. 

Dietmar Hamman suggesting Liverpool get Joelinton like the good ol days when we were stepping stone United.   there are two chances of that happening, fuck and all.

stats wise it looks like Fabinho and This to had great games and in general all of Liverpool's players had good games so I looked at the methodology and it's scewed towards attacking play.    

defensively Liverpool have become unrecognizable, Leeds forced Liverpool into a cramped central orientated game and outright murdered them on the flanks normally a Liverpool strategy.   the last goal sees a winger get past 3 defenders without any trickery, just basic running through and the three pool defenders just gave up then VD gets isolated against 2 Leeds players.   

Liverpool are dead last in tackle success rates which is probably the biggest reason to their struggles, but the team that played in Paris seems to be physically and mentally gone.   

16 hours ago, Happy Blue said:

Apparently Klopps had his first warning from your board so you might be about to splash out on a manager if things don't pick up. anything outside a CL place could see Klopp finished

First warning?

Hes just been awarded the freedom of the City of Liverpool. 

https://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/teams/liverpool/12736766/jurgen-klopp-recieves-freedom-of-city-award-i-feel-honoured

Edited by LFCMadLad

1 hour ago, LFCMadLad said:

Just what a read in a newspaper thought id come and have a little fish 😋ha, we know the media lies to sell papers and half the news in them is made up stories🤣 what a fucked up world we live in

• Upvote 1

The cost of stability is that eventually it catches up,  Liverpool have the 3rd oldest team in the league and grandfather time affects people differently.   There are a lot of variables that could not be predicted but they knew two years ago that most of the "stars" are in their prime to regression years,  players from 29-33 years are lottery tickets to grandfather time.   Arsenal took the youth rebuild approach and will be good for a very long time because of it. 

• 3 weeks later...

Diaz has gotten injured again, needs surgery and out until March. Our luck is a joke. 

Thiago, Matip, Jones & Keita all missing from latest training. What is it with these select few, it’s shocking that list can’t stay fit. 

Edited by Rick
  • Sad 1

• 2 weeks later...

Richie Partridge on Jurgen Klopp:

“I remember standing on the side of the pitch [during the 2019 Club World Cup]. Jurgen came over to me and he was just looking around at the skyline and he said ‘Ah, you’re going to be here soon.’

“And I said ‘Yeah, gaffer, I wanted to speak to you about it’ [taking a job with the Qatar national team] and he just stopped me in my tracks and said ‘Richie, I 100 per cent totally understand why you’ve done it. Go and make the most of it because you deserve it.’

“And that was it. A touch of class. He understands, like everyone at the club, that there’s life after Liverpool, that there’s life after football.

“What you see is what you get. [Klopp] wears his heart on his sleeve, he speaks openly. He’s one of the most genuine people you could come across if you were having an issue, be it work or family related. If you went to speak to him he would 100 per cent back you." #lfc [irish independent via liverpool echo]

16 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Nunez probably shitting himself 

Well, Gakpo being prolific himself will maybe take a little bit of pressure off of Darwin to score, which could do him wonders. Hopefully. Darwin has had to play a hybrid winger/centre forward role so far so it’ll be nice getting him down the centre. 

Now we REALLY need a CM. 

Edited by Rick

• Subscriber
10 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Nunez probably shitting himself 

I think hes going to compliment Nunez honestly. One is a total running engine while the other finds himself in positions to take advantage of the situation. Now all we need is Jota back to fitness to offer some linkage.