talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Liverpool Discussion

football forum

12 minutes ago, Rick said:

So, basically, we pay out way too much money to agents and player wages. I wouldn’t like to see some of those contracts given to the older players in the squad. Our wage bill is a disgraceful figure. 

They you have the owners making what seem to be idiotic decisions off the pitch when it comes to funding expansion. Rather than paying the money owed off gradually, like most reasonable clubs do, they have decided to take huge sums of money out of the club to pay large chunks off at once. There is no reasonable reason for this other than to maximise their profits when they sell part/all of the club. 

I hope that we do end up with new ownership (not state owned) who are ambitious and are prepared to give the manager the tools to succeed. Clearly there has been money available, it’s just been spent in the incorrect way. 

You'd have been one of the first to be fuming if Liverpool hadn't extended those contracts. I'm sure you were saying the Salah contract was an easy one to do when it was dragging out a bit. And surely one of the reasons we've been able to sign certain players who have been key to success is partly down to agents fees?

I don't necessarily disagree that the loans could have been paid off differently but once the ground is done it should free up more funds for transfers etc.

5 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

You'd have been one of the first to be fuming if Liverpool hadn't extended those contracts. I'm sure you were saying the Salah contract was an easy one to do when it was dragging out a bit. And surely one of the reasons we've been able to sign certain players who have been key to success is partly down to agents fees?

I don't necessarily disagree that the loans could have been paid off differently but once the ground is done it should free up more funds for transfers etc.

Course, there are certain players who should be on the bigger contracts. Salah has performed to a world class level for years, so of course he is going to be on larger wages. 

Those extra funds will definitely come in handy for our stride towards the Europa conference cup 👀

7 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

A few days ago I heard there were concrete links with Phillips and Galatasaray - I wonder if this latest injury changes our plans to sell him.

Sounds like it has. 

I wonder if Fabinho at CB is worth another go should there be an injury to Matip or Gomez. He's clearly not up to it in midfield at the moment

3 hours ago, LFCMike said:

Sounds like it has. 

I wonder if Fabinho at CB is worth another go should there be an injury to Matip or Gomez. He's clearly not up to it in midfield at the moment

Not unless we want to lead the table in penalties conceded. His timing in the tackle has went to complete shit.